PDA

View Full Version : check in thoughts

jmgall
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
We are arriving on a red-eye at 5:45 am on a friday. I know check in isn't until 3:00, we are staying concierge at AKL. I was wondering what the chances are getting in the room early, to take a nap before we go to MNSSHP that night. What has been your experience, if we could get in by 2:00 we should be able to get a good nap and do OK.
:mickey:

vamaggie
09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
While check in is technically 3pm you can always check in early and see if your room is ready (and I have heard that many times the concierge ones are). If it is ready, you can get in then. If not they will give you a card to call and check for when your room is ready. Good luck!

NLODisney
09-06-2007, 06:48 PM
We arrive at midnight on Nov 1 and will spend that night at the Pop and then will go over to AKL on the 2 early hopefully around 7:30 and will check in with concierge and get our park tickets and with any luck our room will be ready but if not we will store our bags and check back later. Last time we stayed AKL concierge our room was ready for us when we got there at 9 so maybe it will be ready early again. Have a great trip!

DisneyDudet
09-06-2007, 06:58 PM
When we go, we always get on the first flights in the mornings, sometimes 545, but always before 7am. We've had mixed luck with rooms being ready that early. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. They will hold your bags and you can do what you would like until your room is ready. One time, we got a call from the resort to our cell phone when our room was ready! Now that's service!

With being concierge, they do have lounges. I would imagine that you can go to the lounge and snack and rest before hitting the parks.

Usually, even if we go non stop our first day, we're so excited to be there, that we're wired all day! The past years, if we attended a party (usually MVMCP, but this year is MNSSHP), we'll be at the parks until midnight, and we're just fine! We have no kids though, so that helps.

I would ask for the number at the front desk (if they don't automatically give it to you), and check ever once in a while, if you decide to go to a park after check in. If you choose to not use your cell phone, you can always go to guest services or any shop and ask to call your hotel. We've never had a problem with that.

TexasPrincessAurora
09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
The only times we've gotten into our rooms early were our stays at the Poly the week after Thanksgiving and at SSR. Otherwise we've always had to wait until at least checkin time, sometimes after that. They do give you a card with a phone number to call and check and see if your room is ready. With concierge they will allow you to go ahead and have access to the lounge no matter how early you check in. The one at the AKL is very comfortable.