PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Moms Panel Forum to Launch 1/08

Pages : 1 [2]

LottaLubes
10-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Hi JoRy - congrats to you as well! My phone interview is tomorrow with the Disney execs... I'm very excited!

kakn7294
10-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow! 3 of you made it to the final 26! I have to say that I'm very jealous but definately rooting for you!

Good luck to you all!!!!

SBETigg
10-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi JoRy - congrats to you as well! My phone interview is tomorrow with the Disney execs... I'm very excited!

Wow, that is exciting! No pressure but we're counting on all three of you to make it. :) Fingers crossed and best wishes!

mouseketeer mom
10-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Anyone else still feeling a little sad for not making it thru?

On a brighter note, lots and lots of pixie dust to our fellow intercottees for your phone interviews!!!!!! Let us know as soon as you know!

Lisa

Patricia
10-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Good News Jory!!

I'm so glad one of our Dad's made it to the next round.

Good luck on your phone interviews !! :mickey: I'm sending all 3 of you good vibes from Canada!

murphy1
10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey guys! I just arrived home today after a 7 hour drive, not too bad, we had so much fun, I will get a trip report and our photos up soon. I was thinking about the moms panel, how exciting for you guys!!! I bet JoRy, you will get on for sure, you might be one of the only dads I've seen on any of the boards and I hope all our moms make it!! I'm sure you guys will be speaking with Meg Crofton, she is Pres. of WDW and I have heard she is very involved with all aspects of the park, she is highly thought of by the CMs and very well-liked by people I have talked to.
Lisa, please don't take this all too hard. I was sooo very surprised at a few of the moms I knew were going to be coming on here and telling us they made it through and were cut, I really was. It is so many variables and just remember there's a reason for everything in life. I was so excited by how the CM's told me they were impressed with our costumes and even the characters were giving me thumbs up, it really made me so happy, I worked so hard on all of it!
Good luck you guys!!!

LibertyTreeGal
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
:mickey: As for thinking some people are shoe-ins, I figure it can all be chalked up to Disney wanting an advisory board that looks like America -- all walks of life, all kinds and amounts of kids, etc.. (not to mention all different levels of Disney expertise) and that is a hard thing to do! I am amazed that so many people from around here got chosen at all -- it's thrilling! :D

JoRy
10-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I bet JoRy, you will get on for sure, you might be one of the only dads I've seen on any of the boards and I hope all our moms make it!! I'm sure you guys will be speaking with Meg Crofton, she is Pres. of WDW and I have heard she is very involved with all aspects of the park, she is highly thought of by the CMs and very well-liked by people I have talked to.

Good luck you guys!!!

Wow...no pressure there;);) I actually know of one or two other dads who are finalists, so I do not think I am a shoe in, but it is really exciting to have made it this far!!! I have my interview today at 4:40 eastern. I have no idea who it is with, only that it is a Disney exec. Although I am sure Meg Crofton is involved with so much at WDW, I would be amazed if she was in on all the interviews. 26 interviews may be a lot for someone of her stature, but if you are right it would be wonderful to talk to her. Whoever it is I am sure it will be fun...

I have read other places where finalists have talked about how nervous they are about the interview, and people have asked if we could sleep or not, and the way I look at it, we all love Disney. There is nothing I would rather talk about (except maybe my kids :thumbsup:), so although I am a little anxious about the call, I figure what have I got to lose? I will continue to visit Intercot all the time, talk Disney, and ask and answer questions about the ins and outs of WDW. It will be fine either way.

BUT...how great would it be to be giving advice to future travellers officially representing the place we all love...WOW:cloud9:

Good luck to my fellow Inertcot finalists...I am sure you two will be part of the panel and I can only hope I can meet you in December.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-29-2007, 12:07 PM
I really should be working but, I can hardly think of anything else but, my phone call this afternoon...

So, I read this entire thread and just to say a couple of things about myself that may have had something to do with being a "targeted" demographic.... I am an Asian American that is multi lingual. I work in Information Technology and have a Bachelors. I have 2 children - both girls - DD1 is almost 3 years old and DD2 is 5 months. You can see from my siggie how many times I've been to Disney.... I did not include the 2 times as a child that I don't remember. I'm an "80's" kid but, won't divulge my real age :D

All I know is that if I get picked and the panel is as fun as it is on intercot, I've got it made.

I am not "nervous" for the interview... more excited. I was a recruiter for about 5 years before going into IT and interviews don't make me nervous - meeting Disney characters does!!! :thumbsup:

Can you tell I'm babbling... I just hope I don't do that on the phone... stay on course, keep my eye on the prize...

btw... when I actually got the call to schedule my interview, my DH took my DD's and started a "we're going to DisneyWorld" parade through the house. I hope that I don't have to let my family down.

Is it hot in here??? or just my excitement??? :fan:

JoRy
10-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Jennifer...your rambling on is priceless. ;) I am at work so I do not have a lot of choice but keep as busy as possible. It does mean though that I am watching Intercot a lot and reading some threads just to make sure there is not some huge thing happening at WDW that I was clueless about. I have no idea what they are going to ask, but it is always good to do some extra cramming...:drill::teach:

The tough part for me is going to wait the next few days to hear about the final list. I hope they decide early!!!!

SAHDad
10-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Good luck with those who have phone calls today.

I'm spending the afternoon kicking myself - I reread my app, and I'm pretty sure I left in the bit where I admitted that my previous trip was a hair over 12 months ago. I did get the nice rejection letter though, just mildly frustrated because we have been going about every 18 months. . . our next trip is Jan of 2008, and then again in July of 2009 for our 10 year anniversary.

I was really hoping that my status as a stay-at-home dad would help make up for that. :(

Oh well. Less than 75 days to Disney. :mickey:

JoRy
10-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Well...my interview is over, and now I have no control over whether I am in or not.:confused: I think it went ok, but I really have no idea.

It is really exciting to know it is over and I made the final 26...but it would be awesome to actually be on the panel...what a thrill!!!!

One clarification I wanted to let everyone know. There are two trips to WDW as part of the panel. The first is in December as training for the panel. It is pretty intense and the panel will be very busy, so they said we would not be seeing our family much if they were there. Also...they said we would have to pay for our family during that trip. The other trip is more of a vacation. It is a thank you for your help with the Mom's panel and it is a 5 night, 6 day trip with the panelist and 3 guests.

Good luck to the other finalists...it is so exciting and I can hardly wait until next Wednesday when we find out who has made it!!!:fingers::here::whistle:

LottaLubes
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi JoRy - I'm done as well! Glad it's over...I don't think I took a breath the entire 15 minutes. They were WONDERFUL, I was having problems relaxing. I'm not thinking I should have said this, should have said that but it's easy to Monday morning quarter back!!

JoRy
10-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi JoRy - I'm done as well! Glad it's over...I don't think I took a breath the entire 15 minutes. They were WONDERFUL, I was having problems relaxing. I'm not thinking I should have said this, should have said that but it's easy to Monday morning quarter back!!

I agree...but it was a lot of fun...the whole process has been, and whether I make it or not, it is awesome just to be this far.

Now hopefully we can relax for a few days, enjoy Halloween, and look forward to next wednesday.

:cloud9::cloud9::party:

Patricia
10-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Whew! :whew:

Just waiting to hear back from Jennifer..

mouseketeer mom
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
This is so stinking exciting now!!
What were the interviews like? Did you just talk to one person or was it a conference call??

Tell! Tell!:trio::trio:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm here!!!! I have a sick husband so, as soon as I got home with my 2 year old and 5 month old, it's been non-stop mommy duty.... (hence why I'm on the mom panel bandwagon!)

So, i was pretty unsure how it went. I keep trying to go over word for word what I said but, the interview seemed so quick. Here's my play by play...

I'm at my desk pretending to read an email (I read it about 20 times over just waiting for my phone to ring). 3:38... 3:39... 3:40 and no phone call. Immediately I think that the person before me was brilliant and they wanted to spend all my time with that person but, before my phone could register 3:41, my phone rang. I see the glorious number on the caller ID that starts with 407 and I say to myself... "Game on!! Now or never." It's a person named Tracy putting me on "hold" for the interview panel to transfer me in. So, 3:41 (by now I swear that they forgot about me) and 3:43 I'm on the call with 4 people. They ask me the questions. I don't remember what I said and they give me the whole "housekeeping" stuff (what will happen next, what they're mailing me what the training will be and the separate vacation for 6days/5nights for me and 3 guests after 4 successful months on the board, etc). I ask my questions and they ask me more questions about my first round answers and about my daughters. Then with a heavy heart (since this may be the closest I get to the top 12) I say goodbye. While this seemed like a lifetime, I hang up the phone and it is 3:58.

I then down a bottle of water because my mouth is amazingly dry. And I run off to finish a few things and pick my kids up.

I'm so glad to have made it this far and although I'm hoping to make the 12 (of course) I'm trying to savor every moment because this may be the closest I get to ever "working" for Disney (in an offical capacity).

:marg: Here's to the top 3 and all the Intercotees that tried from step 1! Whatever happens, happens. Hakuta Matata :beer:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-29-2007, 10:43 PM
This is so stinking exciting now!!
What were the interviews like? Did you just talk to one person or was it a conference call??

Tell! Tell!:trio::trio:

Well, it was a panel of 4 people. They immediately said that the interview was totally informal and that they understand how interviews can make anyone nervous and jittery. So, that helped. They asked 3 questions of which I don't remember... heeheehee.... and um... then they talked about the next steps, etc.... and then I asked my questions... I thought we were done, then one of the ladies (all 4 were women) asked me a question about one of my answers in the first round - ... so, I answer and then another one asked questions about my daughters ..... then it was a thank you and goodbye...

Oh, and one of them said that she goes to all the disney message boards to keep a pulse on what people are saying about the whole thing and that there was a lot of confusion with the rules and what the training would be like. )did she read this board i wonder????) So, she clarified that the 12 "women and/or men" would be in training in December and that the vacation was a 'thank you' for after 4 months of service to the panel.

They also said that with the application and background check that when they extend the invitation to join, the background checks may not yet be completed. So, they reserve the right to withdraw the invitation to anyone who has any derogatory history which is pretty much standard for anywhere you work these days.

Boy, do i remember what they said... but nothing of what I said!

LottaLubes
10-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Hmm...your experience is similiar to mine, only I had a 5th person on my panel (a male). And I know exactly what you mean...about talking and not really knowing what you were saying. What an experience!!! I think I mentioned it was the fastest 15 minutes of my life!! Now we wait...again.

I hope your DH is feeling better soon!

tinksmom02
10-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, congrats on making it through the third round! We're all waiting anxiously to hear that you made it to the final 12! (Although I got a fresh pang of envy when I read that there was a training period and THEN a vacation, as well LOL).

:pixie:

JoRy
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
My interview process was similiar to yours, except I had five "judges" like LottaLubes did. They called me on my cell phone and my interview lasted 21 minutes. I tend to talk a lot so that was probably the reason.

I am glad it is over, but now we get to wait for a while. And I wonder, too, what sites they are reading and if they are learning more about us by what we are writing here. I mean there cannot be a lot of Dads in the 26, so they probably have me nabbed. And based on where some other people have said they are from, they can figure out who the rest of the people are. But who knows...it is all just so much fun.

mouseketeer mom
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys!!!
Remember, I am totally living thru you finalists, sooo...let us know the minute you guys hear anything back!
So much luck my intercot friends!
Lisa

Jenemmy
10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
You all must be so profoundly excited! I like to think I am a big enough person to get over my envy and be seriously thrilled for you -- LOL. Keeping fingers crossed for all three of you and may the next few days speed right on by until you get word!

Catzle
10-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Good luck to all of you! I so hope all of you make it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Patricia
10-30-2007, 05:09 PM
My fingers and toes are crossed for our 3 Intercotees!

:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-31-2007, 12:06 PM
I got my paperwork from disney yesterday. I just sent it off a few minutes ago....

Now the real wait begins. :unsure:

Happy Halloween everyone! :mpumpkin:

I'm going to go eat my waiting away - in chocolate.

Flower
10-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Good luck everyone, and congrats on making it this far!!!

mouseketeer mom
11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Intercotee finalists!!! Yoo Hoo!!! Where are you?? I'm dying to hear if you guys made it thru! Hoping you did!

Jenemmy
11-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Intercotee finalists!!! Yoo Hoo!!! Where are you?? I'm dying to hear if you guys made it thru! Hoping you did!

I KNOW! I mean, Disney rejects us right out of the gate and then our very own finalists keep us dangling....I feel so unLOVED!!! ;) LOL

Maybe they aren't allowed to tell??????

LottaLubes
11-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Ooops...didn't realize there was a question pending! We actually won't know until Wednesday....one way or another, they will be calling us with their decision.

I think it was mentioned that interviews were held Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of last week for the 26 finalists. We all received background papers to complete and FedEx back. Background checks will take 3-4 weeks. If selected and if something unfavorable is found on a background, the offer will be rescinded (not that I'm worried about that part).

We are all just hanging and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-04-2007, 03:19 PM
and waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

I wish there was some type of conspiracy theory and we knew if we made it or not... however, that's not the case... we just don't know.

and still we wait....

Jenemmy
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
You know, I guess I just had that whole original November 2 deadline in my head as being THE day. Hope you guys are hanging in there!

JoRy
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
You know, I guess I just had that whole original November 2 deadline in my head as being THE day. Hope you guys are hanging in there!

Hanging in there is about all we are doing.:medic::giveup: I know I am trying to keep as busy as possible so I will not be thinking about Wednesday all the time, but it is rally driving me crazy. I have only told a few people as I do not want people bugging me askig all the time, and then having to tell them I did not make it. So here I sit and wait.

Just keep waiting...:dory:just keep waiting...:dory:

Flower
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Just keep waiting...:dory:just keep waiting...:dory:

Hahaha! You changing your name to DoRy??? !!!:nemo::dory:

JoRy
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM

That is so funny :funny:

I probably should, but then my boys would kill me as the Jo and the Ry are the first two letters of their first names. I have said this before...though...I need to change my name here to NoJoRy, as I have a daughter now (since joining Intercot...a few years ago) and she should be included.

Maybe someday.

LottaLubes
11-06-2007, 06:40 AM

Too funny!!!

One more day.....one more day....

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-06-2007, 10:44 AM
LottaLubes and JoRy -

Doesn't your heart just jump out of your chest everytime the phone rings?

Whether I'm at work, at home or my cell rings, my heart skips a beat because it might be "them".

I try to keep as busy as I can which is very easy at work these days but, there's always that tiny little voice that says... what if I miss THE call?

Okay... back to the grind.

4myprincesses
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I have to chuckle at you all, your as excited about this phone call as I was about getting the referral call for our twins!

Best wishes to you all and I hope they let others apply again sometime. I missed the deadline (rather the max applied) before I knew about it. How did I miss it? I was taking the twins on their first trip to Disney, of course!!!
:mickey::mickey:

Patricia
11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I missed the deadline (rather the max applied) before I knew about it. How did I miss it? I was taking the twins on their first trip to Disney, of course!!!
:mickey::mickey:

That's the best excuse I've heard!

:fingers: One more day... Good luck to the three of you! :fingers:

godawgs
11-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Any news yet?

illini
11-07-2007, 05:27 PM
It's WEDNESDAY!!! I'm waiting!!! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-07-2007, 06:23 PM
I can't wait to hear!

Flower
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Anyone ? ? ?

LottaLubes
11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Out of respect for the winners, I was waiting to post. I understand they have the green light to communicate at this point.

I was NOT selected...but it was a fun journey. Maybe next time!

I was told that the finalists who did not make it will be considered in 6 months when they cycle out some of the winners from this round. So there is still hope. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes!

mouseketeer mom
11-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Lotta lubes,
I'm sorry. I was excited along with you. I will send good wishes your way that you will be selected for the next round. Thank you so very much for taking us on this journey with you!
Lisa

merlinmagic4
11-07-2007, 07:46 PM
So sorry to hear that, LottaLubes :( I sure hope you get picked in 6 months, though! Don't give up hope!

Jenemmy
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Awwwwww poo, (or should I say "Pooh"?) Lotta Lubes. I'm so sorry, I really am. :hug:

LibertyTreeGal
11-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry LottaLubes, I was really hoping for you :( but maybe we will be doing the happy dance in 6months on your behalf :thumbsup: I am just proud of you for even making it as far as you have -- WOW!

Iluvpooh
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
So sorry!:ill: I hope we hear from the other intercotees soon.

SAHDad
11-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I was told that the finalists who did not make it will be considered in 6 months when they cycle out some of the winners from this round. So there is still hope. :)

Sorry to hear that you did not make it.

Do you know (concerning the cycling out of winners) if they will take apps again for the next set, or will they cycle out a couple and then choose new from the 26 finalists? (S'ok if you don't know - they probably didn't say, but those of us who didn't get past round 1 need hope too! )

Melanie
11-08-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm sorry, Diane! :( Best of luck for next time! :cheer:

Hopefully we'll hear from the others soon.

LottaLubes
11-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Sorry to hear that you did not make it.

Do you know (concerning the cycling out of winners) if they will take apps again for the next set, or will they cycle out a couple and then choose new from the 26 finalists? (S'ok if you don't know - they probably didn't say, but those of us who didn't get past round 1 need hope too! )

Not to start a rumor...but my feeling is they will take apps again. He mentioned we would not have to go through the entire process the next time. We'll see...I'm not going to get excited about anything...not sure if it was just something to say to soften the blow, etc.

From what I heard from those who made it, they will be staying at Coronodo Springs for training, meals included, etc. and they will have cameras following them around, etc. Should be fun...although I think I would be nervous about the cameras...I hear they add 10 lbs! LOL

ILoveLegos
11-08-2007, 08:06 AM
LottaLubes :sorry: that your were not selected (yet) :thanks: for your informative and upbeat posts, it was extremely nice of you to share with us Intercotees. Sending much :pixie: to you and your family!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Well, here I am. I got the call about 4:00pm yesterday.

I was not chosen as one of the 12 finalist but, there is a silver lining for me. I am the "first runner up" like in Ms. USA. Should any of the finalists not be able to fulfill their duties as a panelist, I will get a call. So, I am an alternate should someones background check come back unfavorable and/or soneone is unable to keep their 6 month commitment.

From what I was told, there are 4 alternates that can be called at anytime should things change. They were totally overwhelmed with the interest for this that other things are already in the works. I believe that as the 6 month mark nears, there will be another selection process of which was not described to me.

Since I was selected as a "runner up", I was asked not to post until this morning so that they would have time to contact everyone. The person I talked to told me that she was assigned to call the alternates so, she didn't have the hard job of telling people that they didn't make it.

It was a great experience and if this is the closest I'll get, I can say I got this far. Maybe I will get lucky and "cash in" my alternate ticket someday. Regardless of if i made it or not, I'd still be posting and reading on Intercot!

LottaLubes - sorry that you too didn't make the top 12. But, they had to pick only 12 right???

JoRy - are you out there???

kakn7294
11-08-2007, 08:24 AM
LottaLubes - I'm sorry you didn't make the final 12 but we're proud that you made it as far as you did! Best of luck in 6 months!

Jennifer_and_Chris - congrats on being selected as an alternate! Maybe you'll make that final cut after all! Best of luck to you as well!

LibertyTreeGal
11-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Jennifer_and_Chris, congratulations, that is VERY exciting.

Still waiting to hear from one more candidate, right?

illini
11-08-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm so sorry, girls. I was just sure you'd both get it with your wonderful attitudes. The alternate status gives some hope, though! And there's always next round. I'm still keeping fingers crossed for both of you.

Just waiting to hear from JoRy now, huh?

SAHDad
11-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Jennifer_and_Chris - congrats on the runner-up status.

LottaLubes - thanks. Maybe all the finalists just make it to the second stage automatically next time. I hope so - you got darned close (as did J_and_C), and I would have to see you start from square 1 again.

Patricia
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Aww, sorry girls.. I was hoping to see all three of our finalist make it. It will be great if you get the call in 6 months to go for training. :)

I'm looking forward to what other ideas they have some up with out of all of this. With our new fancy dollar allowing us more frequent vactions to the US, a Canadian panal might just be in order. :D

magicofdisney
11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Jennifer_and_Chris - congrats on the runner-up status.

LottaLubes - thanks. Maybe all the finalists just make it to the second stage automatically next time. I hope so - you got darned close (as did J_and_C), and I would have to see you start from square 1 again.

:thumbsup: We're still proud of you guys!

mouseketeer mom
11-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Thank you LottaLubes and Jennifer and Chris for taking us along on this ride. It meant alot to be included since many of us had our hearts broken just a bit by not getting picked! Thank you so much! JoRoy, Where are you????

tinksmom02
11-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry you guys didn't make it! I was really pulling for you guys!

Where are you, JoRy??

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Since I didn't make the panel, I thought I'd share with everyone my round 2 answers. I just want to let you all know how the "magic" lives in my life.

For your reading pleasure....

1)In 100 words or less, please give us your best theme park and/or resort tip for a family planning a vacation at Walt Disney World® Resort

DO YOUR RESEARCH! There are so many things to do at WDW that without some planning, it can be stressful and overwhelming. For me, half the fun is planning our vacations. Deciding where to stay, which park to visit on which day(s) and, the most important (to me) is planning our meals. No two vacations are alike. Our vacation “purpose” is different every time. Our travel group is ever evolving. With all the things that change at WDW, being informed when making WDW vacation decisions is essential. By the time you arrive at WDW, you will fully appreciate having an itinerary to guide you. Putting the time into planning the framework of your vacation, trusting in the Disney magic and a little pixie dust will ensure that your vacation will be picture perfect!

2)In 100 words or less, please tell us your best memory of your most recent Walt Disney World vacation.

We just got back from our first mommy and daddy only trip to Disney since we had children. Our vacation, titled “Mommy’s Birthday weekend” (we title our vacations!) was a magical 3 days filled with birthday wishes, late nights out and an unexpected longing for our kids (from time to time!). The greatest of birthday wishes was a magical moment given to me by a great cast member at the refreshments stand next to the lockers in Disney Studios. After ordering our drinks and snacks, he wished me a happy birthday and told me that my order was “on the house”. It was my magical moment. Granted, it may have only been worth $8 but, it made me feel like a million bucks! Oh, and I cried during MNSSHP Happy HalloWishes fireworks!

3)In 100 words or less, please tell us what part of Walt Disney World® Resort you would most recommend a family visit and why.

What I recommend depends on the “family”. Are there children? What ages? Special occasion? The dynamics of the traveling group really matter when I give my list of “must do’s”. One recommendation that is constant to whomever I speak with is to do a character meal. Our “must do” on every trip is the character breakfast at Ohana’s in the Polynesian resort. A scrumptious buffet with Mickey has been our kickoff to every vacation since our honeymoon 7.5 years ago. Not only do we loose ourselves exploring the Polynesian resort, but, we get a wonderful breakfast, excellent coffee and great character company. I see Mickey on my first day in a relaxed environment and I don’t have to worry about finding him the rest of my trip. Most everyone can find a character meal with their favorite character(s).

murphy1
11-09-2007, 07:25 AM
JoRy didn't make it either :confused:

Jen, I love your essay, I think Disney is really missing out, not one Intercottee. Someone on another board said they will be staying at Coronado. Gee, I would have turned it down, I wanted to be at GF LOL

This was very interesting on my info. I called to change a last minute dining plan last month and the CM had me in to computer as my last visit being Jan 2005!! I have been three times this year alone and a couple of times in 2006, granted the second time this year was a one nighter b/c my family lives there and we go on mini trips. That was kind of weird to me.

murphy1
11-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Oh, one dad is on it.

Jenemmy
11-09-2007, 07:57 AM
:grouphug:

I'm so sorry, guys. I was really hopeful for you three! I hope you can look at the big picture and see how much you all stood out from a group of 10,000! That's really impressive, in my book!

LibertyTreeGal
11-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Well, I am glad they included a dad, but I am really bummed that no one here made it -- oh well!!

Great job to EVERYONE who entered :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Jennifer and Chris,
I loved, loved, loved, reading your essays. Thank you so much! I'd love to see your first round essays if you would like to share! I'd love to see what grabbed their attention! I loved your round two essays., you sound warm and competent!
Thank you so much!
Lisa

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Jennifer and Chris,
I loved, loved, loved, reading your essays. Thank you so much! I'd love to see your first round essays if you would like to share! I'd love to see what grabbed their attention! I loved your round two essays., you sound warm and competent!
Thank you so much!
Lisa

Um, the troll in my computer stoll my round 1 essay answers. I wish I had a copy!!! The document that I used to cut and paste is gone.. I think i was so excited to enter before the cap was reached that I saved it in my temp folder... silly me...

mouseketeer mom
11-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks anyway!:mickey:

SBETigg
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Big congratulations to the finalists for making it so far. You've made us all proud. What a shame that Disney will go forward with a panel lacking an INTERCOTee. Who could possibly know better than our own?

Sorry you didn't go all the way, but you all rock in our eyes! :number1:

LottaLubes
11-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks for all the kind words...really appreciate it!

I do want to mention that after the phone interview, I was lucky enough to be included in a group of 12 of the finalists where we were able to share our thoughts, etc. off the message boards (Jen - someone tried to reach out to you but she did not get a response.) It made the long week much more bearable and we literally shared hundreds of emails, posts, etc. You would have never known we were in competition with each other...it was total support for one another. True Disney fashion.

Six from the group made it, six did not. (Isn't that ironic when we pretty much had a 50/50 chance by then!) Anyway, the group of 12 contained some pretty amazing people (like all of you!) and it was wonderful to be able to talk openly with people who were going through the same amazing journey.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I have no doubt the six from our group will do an outstanding job on the MOMS panel. And I'm so happy they are letting a Disney Dad join the team...you guys are going to love him and if I were on the panel with the group, I would elect him team captain! I'm sure the other six that were selected will do an equally fine job.

I can't wait until January to see how this turns out so I can help support this new site!

Go MOMS panel. :thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-09-2007, 07:39 PM
LottaLubes - I'm so sad that I missed the message. I never get PM'ed so I don't even look at it. After reading your post, I now see that I had an unread PM. Boy, do I wish I had someone else to talk to that new my "pain". I'm so sorry to have missed out on that opportunite.

However, I had everyone on here supporting me and I'm so thankful.

Another big thanks from me for all the well wishes and kind words of encouragement. I cant wait to see what all comes about from this panel and all the wonderful ideas that I can use!

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true....

(can you tell who my favorite princess is?)

whistlewhileyouwork
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Im so sad for all of you........ Ihave been reading every post. It has been a real joy to follow your journey........i had tears in my eyes just reading your excitement and your dissapointment. Poor Disney,,, they are really missing out!:mickey:

LottaLubes
11-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Im so sad for all of you........ Ihave been reading every post. It has been a real joy to follow your journey........i had tears in my eyes just reading your excitement and your dissapointment. Poor Disney,,, they are really missing out!:mickey:

Whistle (love your screen name BTW), that is very nice of you to say. I truly don't believe it's over for the rest of us. I think this MOMs Panel idea is going to take off. As I mentioned, we were told we would be considered again as they start to cycle those out who were selected for this round. If they need the reserves sooner, we are ready to serve!! In addition, I think Disney will be able to branch off and have other exciting opportunities.

I don't think it was mentioned that we received a gift for being the runner-ups. We received a beautiful rectangular tray (about 10x15) with a picture of the castle on it, enscribed with "Walt Disney World...Where dreams come true." (Kind of ironic that they crush our dreams and send us that! LOL) It came packaged in a coordinating box...very much appreciated.

magicofdisney
11-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't think it was mentioned that we received a gift for being the runner-ups. We received a beautiful rectangular tray (about 10x15) with a picture of the castle on it, enscribed with "Walt Disney World...Where dreams come true." (Kind of ironic that they crush our dreams and send us that! LOL) It came packaged in a coordinating box...very much appreciated.
I agree, that's quite ironic but a what a great memento to have for this special occasion.

I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but is this a paid position by Disney?

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Whistle (love your screen name BTW), that is very nice of you to say. I truly don't believe it's over for the rest of us. I think this MOMs Panel idea is going to take off. As I mentioned, we were told we would be considered again as they start to cycle those out who were selected for this round. If they need the reserves sooner, we are ready to serve!! In addition, I think Disney will be able to branch off and have other exciting opportunities.

I didn't get anything :cry::sob::sad:

When did you get yours? Through which carrier? USPS, UPS, DHL?? I'm sooo sad...

LottaLubes
11-14-2007, 06:27 AM
I didn't get anything :cry::sob::sad:

When did you get yours? Through which carrier? USPS, UPS, DHL?? I'm sooo sad...

I (and others I was in touch with) received our gifts last Friday. They were shipped via FedEx. I hope you get yours soon! (Check your back porch, etc. I know they sometimes like to 'hide' their packages!)

LottaLubes
11-14-2007, 06:32 AM
I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but is this a paid position by Disney?

From what we understood, it was not a paid position but rather you earn a free trip after 4 months for you and your family (up to 3 guests...however many of the panelists selected have at least 3 children so I wonder if the panelist will have to pay for one or more of the children assuming you want to also bring the spouse).

Patricia
11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Jennifer, maybe they didn't send your tray yet because you are on the back up list. :)

I thought if you had 5 in your family the trip would accommodate that, but I suppose they had to have a cut off point.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Jennifer, maybe they didn't send your tray yet because you are on the back up list. :)

I thought if you had 5 in your family the trip would accommodate that, but I suppose they had to have a cut off point.

Maybe because I'm a back up... hm.... I received nothing... no FedEx package :cry:

SBETigg
11-15-2007, 08:36 AM
From what we understood, it was not a paid position but rather you earn a free trip after 4 months for you and your family (up to 3 guests...however many of the panelists selected have at least 3 children so I wonder if the panelist will have to pay for one or more of the children assuming you want to also bring the spouse).

So, do panelists get two trips? The training trip and then another one? And do they bring family on the training trip or is that one solo? I would work for a Disney trip. Sounds like great compensation to me.

Jennifer, maybe you're getting something different? Sounds odd that you wouldn't get anything.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-15-2007, 04:41 PM
So, do panelists get two trips? The training trip and then another one? And do they bring family on the training trip or is that one solo? I would work for a Disney trip. Sounds like great compensation to me.

Jennifer, maybe you're getting something different? Sounds odd that you wouldn't get anything.

Yes it would be 2 trips. The december trip is a training trip for the panelist only. then after 4 months of service to the panel (after april sometime) the panelist gets a trip for 4 for 6 days/5nights to be used at their discression and planned whenever they wanted (I'm sure with some blackout dates and/or within a certain amount of time like 1 year - i'm guessing).

I hope they aren't giving me anything because I will be called.. haahaahaa....

LottaLubes... do you know anyone else that was an alternate? did they get the gift?

Patricia
11-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm sure that's why you didn't get anything.
As a back up person, you could be called into action and you'd be getting the trip instead of the tray. :thumbsup:

Hold on to that thought.. :D

boo425
01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
So, for all of us "losers" out here:(...can anyone report on the trip in Dec. and when we can see the Mom's panel up and running?

Jenemmy
01-03-2008, 08:12 AM
One of the newsletters I receive had an article in it from the only Dad on the panel. Just got it yesterday. He tells his story up to the trip, but nothing about the actual trip in this edition.

Anyway, he said the panel would go on line on January 7 :mickey:

Iluvpooh
01-09-2008, 07:02 PM
In typical Disney style, there is no where to give feedback or your opinion on the site. They also are not letting anyone, but the Moms on the panel answer questions. Ask them the best resort to stay at and the answer seems to be the Poly with no other answer given. Also there are a lot of questions about CRT and the price, but no one has offered 1900 Park Fare as a cheaper Cindy option. Oh-Well.

The site runs slow, the questions are pretty general stuff(1st timers ect..), and finding things is a bit difficult. I hope they work out the bugs. As for me-I think I'll stay on INTERCOT.:thedolls:

japhilli
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
I applied for the Mom's Panel....obviously I was not chosen, but just this week I received an email from Disney Destinations stating that due to my respones they felt it was important to keep in touch with me. They said they wanted to invite me to join the Mom's Club and that they would be sending out a packet with info and prizes. Does anyone know anything about this? Did everyone who entered receive this email? Just curious.

Jennifer_and_Chris
01-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I am an alternate for the moms panel. I too got the email. I haven't received anything yet but, I did make sure that my information was correct to get my welcome packet.:thumbsup:

What did group name did you vote for? I chose Disney Momkeeters.

goofysbabe
01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I also got the email, updated my info. for my free packet and I voted for Disney Momkeeters too!

senderella
01-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I got the email also. Kind of exciting! Good thing I checked my personal info, it had an old address and phone number. Hope I haven't missed anything in the mail. That would probably explain where my park maps were sent.

I voted for Disney Momkeeters.
20 days until my next trip!

JCDarzi
01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I applied too and wasn't chosen. I got the invitation too this week. I was guessing that maybe Disney was going to use the huge input they received for marketing purposes. Perhaps get our opinions through surveys and such.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
i applied and didn't get chosen, but haven't received this...

Catzle
01-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I received this also I just assumed everyone did.

japhilli
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Just an FYI. I emailed Disney and asked about this. They responded that this same emial was sent to all of the applicants.

Catzle
01-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I also went over to the site and looked around. It would be nice to see more than 1 person answer a question to give different input and opinions. More interaction might be better.