PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sink @ Beaches & Cream

Hayden's Dad
09-06-2007, 12:25 PM
We will be going down to the World the last week of November and my sife is dying to try the Kitchen Sink Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream. Can anyone tell me about how much this is and by chance do you get to keep the sink? That would be hilarious in our kitchen. Thanks

Maleficent's Dad
09-06-2007, 12:52 PM
The Kitchen Sink is about $22, I believe.

You don't get to keep the sink!

They used to offer the sinks for sale if you wanted to purchase one, but I'm not sure if they still do that.

laprana
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I think the previous poster is right on the price. My family and I got a Kitchen Sink two trips ago (June 2006) and it seems like it cost between $20 and $25...seems like a lot at first, but we split it between 4 people so it really wasn't that much per person. We didn't get to keep the kitchen sink. You should definitely get one at least once! :thumbsup:It's so much fun! They put just about every topping you can imagine on there, from hot fudge to gummi candies! We found a couple "surprises" in our bites of ice cream (nothing gross, though!);)

Hayden's Dad
09-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know if there is a phone number for them? I think this has become an absolute thing for us to do on this upcoming trip and I want to call and see if they offer the sinks for purchase, also can this be used as a meal on the dining plan? It would be great if it was considered a snack but somehow I think that is unlikely:blush:

DisneyMomma23
09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
i don't think it can be used as a meal on the dining plan, however the last time we were there, one of the cast members told us that if a person could finish it by themself, it's free and you get a t-shirt. I don't think anyone could possibly do it, but its a nice dream :eat:

Maleficent's Dad
09-06-2007, 06:34 PM
i don't think it can be used as a meal on the dining plan, however the last time we were there, one of the cast members told us that if a person could finish it by themself, it's free and you get a t-shirt. I don't think anyone could possibly do it, but its a nice dream :eat:
Not sure if it's still true, but we were told one person had to eat it in an hour for it to be free.

I couldn't imagine doing that alone! :ack:

magicofdisney
09-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I think it does have to be eaten by one person in an hour to get it free.

If anyone finds out you can purchase the actual sink, please let us know. I'd LOVE to have this as a souvenir! :mickey:

bigbabyblues
09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
We had a KS for dinner one night on our trip in May. It was so much fun, we did not come close to finishing it (me, DH, DS6 and DS3), but we had a good time trying, and we got some cute pictures of it. We were not offered a sink to purchase.

#1donaldfan
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
All of you are making me want one....we didn't get over there this year to get one....I sure am sad about that...we talked about it for months, then once there, we just couldn't find time....next year I AM getting the KS.......I could never eat it all.....there's even 5 of us and I don't think we could do it......I do know someoe who could, without a doubt, and he's very skinny.....

Hayden's Dad
09-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Does anyone if I should make reservations here so we can have our Kitchen Sink? :blush: Also how would you get there from the All Star Movies? Although that day we are checking out so we can just drive there although I wouldn't know how to get there.

ElenitaB
09-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Absolutely make an ADR for B&C! I've tried to just walk up twice and the wait was incredibly long.

As for driving from ASMu to the Beach Club, just follow the signs to the Epcot Area resorts. It's surprisingly easy to find your way around WDW.

NLODisney
09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
We had a kitchen sink on a trip a few years ago and the kids were allowed to make it for us. They had a blast and left out the things they didn't like and put extra of some other things that they did like. We have never been brave enough to try one again but the kids still talk about getting to make it.

cheshirecollector
09-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Not sure if it's still true, but we were told one person had to eat it in an hour for it to be free.

I suppose they have the time limit because after that it would turn into ice cream soup, and be far too easy to finish just by drinking. :D

Maleficent's Dad
09-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Absolutely make an ADR for B&C! I've tried to just walk up twice and the wait was incredibly long.
Ellen,
I thought B&C didn't take ADR's. :confused:
Do they take them now?

smickey
09-08-2007, 09:10 AM
We had the KS a couple of years ago with my DH, Daughter, Son-in-Law and then 3 year old grandson.

Its a parade when they bring it out, flicking the lights and clapping.

You should have seen the eyes on my grandson when they put this on our table!

At the end there we were all 5 of us with straws getting every last drop:thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
09-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Ellen,
I thought B&C didn't take ADR's. :confused:
Do they take them now?

We Just asked about making and ADR and were told you couldn't:(

Tinkermom
09-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Kitchen Sink BEFORE (http://www.tinkermom3.photosite.com/WDW062004/Chapter4/Card__1_094.html)

and AFTER (http://www.tinkermom3.photosite.com/WDW062004/Chapter4/Card__1_095.html)

:blush:

LudwigVonDrake
09-08-2007, 12:07 PM
A couple of years ago I had lunch at B & C and there was a guy trying to eat one by himself. He was about halfway through when we left so I don't know how he did but it looked close to impossible to finish one by yourself :ack: :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
09-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I hadmy first Kitchen Sink in May..... Three of us shared it... And we still didn't finish.... But it was good...

trapper
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
We were there in 2006 and had the KS for dessert between 5 people and couldn't finish it either but it was yummy. I was just there in Aug. 2007 and there was a girl sitting at the table behind us and she was trying to eat it all in an hour to get it for free she was doing a pretty good job of it. They said the time to beat was 9 mins. how that was done I don't know it is huge. And I also am pretty sure the don't take ADR's.:mickey: