PDA

View Full Version : rainforest cafe

aiacob
09-06-2007, 11:40 AM
We want to try rainforest cafe on our trip in oct-nov. Which location is a better experience? dtd or ak or are they the same? Also will we need adr for this during the off season? We are planning for lunch. Thanks Angie

#1donaldfan
09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I would highly suggest an ADR.......you just never know, and if you have one, your in......for lunch, huh? Well, I would choose AK, that way you can spend a morning playing, stop, eat lunch.....then back to the action......as for Rain Forest itself.... I think it's ok, the food is not all that special.....plus you can eat at those all over....we like eating at Disney places because they are only at Disney and nowhere else.... have a good trip.

ThanxForNoticin
09-06-2007, 12:20 PM
We really enjoy RC. It's one of our favorites, including the food and the service. Both locations are good. I think the one in DTD is probably a bit larger. You should base your decision around what you will be doing that day around lunchtime. If you are planning to do AK before or after lunch, then definitely head to that location. If not, then I would probably head to DTD.

As for ADRs, there was a time RC didn't take ADRs. But if they are now doing so, I would try and get a time. I would think at lunch in Oct-Nov, the crowds would not be too large, but you never know. Enjoy - it's a fun place to eat and shop. Save room for some dessert!

princessM0m
09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
We are visiting the RFC at Disney because the one we had here closed. I was able to make an ADR for the one at AK. Be advised that that one also serves breakfast. I don't think the DTD location takes ADRs.

FriendsofMickey
09-06-2007, 01:06 PM
We will be visiting the AK one this coming trip do to the fact that we will be visiting AK that day. However, my favorite of the two is the DTD one.

SurferStitch
09-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't think one is any better than the other, but we like to do lunch at the one in AK. There are so many unique Disney restaurants that we like to dine at for dinner, so we never do RC for dinner. Same food, just different time of day. We don't go to DTD during the day (usually), so we haven't eaten at the RC in DTD in quite a few years.

The food and service have always been excellent at the RC in AK. Plenty of selection, and everything is prepared perfectly. We've never been disappointed in the quality. We've also always had very friendly and efficient servers.

thrillme
09-06-2007, 01:48 PM
My DS and I are big fans of Rainforest. The one at DTD is the best but...IF you happen to be out at Animal Kingdom the one there is nice too. My DS loves the python pasta and I like the chicken fried chicken breast with lots of gravy.

RBrooksC
09-06-2007, 02:43 PM
The RC at AK takes ADR. The one at DTD does not. At DTD, you put your name on a list and prepare to wait.

We decided to do the RC because we have a $25 gift card and belong to the Safari Club so we save another 10%. It is unfortunate that we didn't get into the club earlier or we would have another $10 card to use.

pox24
09-06-2007, 03:24 PM
They do take reservations at the DTD location and believe me , its great now. We ate there in July and line was long. We showed up and got seated in 3 minutes. You make a reservation through the Rain Forest itself, not WDW dining. This is not a Disney owned restaurant. Both locations are nice. :thumbsup:

mickeymousedabomb
09-06-2007, 04:03 PM
We love RC! This time we will eat at the one at AK because we are going to be at that park till it closes at 5 and then have adr's for 5:45. We never go to Disney without a stop at RC definetly a fav of our family! Have fun.

Jared
09-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I first tried Rainforest Cafe at the recent Connecticut meet and would never choose a restaurant in Walt Disney World I could visit at home.

If you don't have a Rainforest Cafe near your hometown and want to try one, I suggest the Animal Kingdom location. Downtown Disney is always so crowded.

Make a reservation for the day you plan to spend at the park. Only visit the Downtown Disney location if you're not otherwise visiting Animal Kingdom.

09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
A few years ago we ate at the Rainforest in DTD and in May we had lunch at the Rainforest in AK. I much prefer the one in AK. DTD one just seemed a lot busier. We didn't have an adr for the one in AK, just walked up to the counter around 11:45 and we were seated within 10 mins.

magicofdisney
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
We've only ever eaten at the one at AK. Maybe it's luck, but I've never had a reservation. I know you're leaning toward lunch, but as a side note, only AK's serves breakfast (as a just in case). Enjoy! :mickey:

tinksmom02
09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Like another poster said, you CAN make reservations for the DTD RFC, but you need to call that RFC directly. I found the # if anyone needs it!

407-827-8500

We've eaten at both...I can't remember the AK one too much, but I would pick that one over DTD...the DTD always seems SOOOOO crowded to me.

rt207
09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I wasn't thinking when I ate at the one at AK and planned on paying with the Disney Visa Rewards. It was quite a wakeup call to find out after we ate that they do not take them. My fault, I know, but that was a whole bunch of money that I wasn't figuring on:eek:. Just an FYI...