PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Stes Maingate East or AKL for arrival night only?

Purpleville
09-06-2007, 11:25 AM
DW, DD(8), DS(4), DD(1) and I are going to be staying at the WL 11/12-17 after staying in Naples for a wedding. We will be arriving in Orlando early Sunday evening 11/11 and need a place to stay until WL check in the next day. We have stayed at the ASM before for a stayover but I am thinking about either offsite at Comfort Suites Maingate East (Suite, Free Internet, Free Breakfast) or splurge for a Standard AKL room (Animals/atmosphere, great pool, luggage transfer). With a party of five (DD in pack-n play) this may be the last time I can stay in a std AKL room. Is the experience worth paying the extra ($175 more than CSME) to stay for a short "night only" stay? Or should I just resort hop and visit he resort later in the week? :confused:

ThanxForNoticin
09-06-2007, 11:56 AM
We are huge fans of the AKL - love that place. However, in your particular situation, I'm not sure I think it's worth it for AKL that one night. We would probably use a less expensive place to stay the night before we began our 'real' Disney vacation - enjoy your free breakfast at the CS and then head to Disney and the WL. You will definitely want to get to AKL as some point, but it would be better to do it when you could enjoy some time there. Have a great time.

spinnerf
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I would also forgo the AKL for only one night and save the money to do something at disney you have never done before. Good luck.

pox24
09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Quite often my wife and I drive up after work on Friday. Instead of using our DVC points for only a bed for the night, we try to get a room at POP Century. Its very inexpensive, its on the property. :thumbsup: