09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Cast Members:

Me (Heather)
DS (Matt)
DD#! (Courtney)
DD#3 (Emily)

Saturday, August 18th, 2007, Day 7 Part 1

This will be my 8000th post!

We had an 8:15 ADR this morning at Hollywood & Vine with the Playhouse Disney gang. Since it was not an EMH morning at Disney Studios, I was unsure if the boats would be running so early. We went out to the dock to see. I could see a boat heading to Epcot, so I assumed so. We did have quite a wait though, for one to MGM. I was beginning to think we would be late, but we made it with a few minutes to spare. In fact we had just enough time to snap some pictures with no one else around. This is the 1st time I've seen MGM with no one in the park. It's not as great a feeling as in MK, but it was pretty cool anyway.

We made our way over to the restaurant and were seated immediately. I needn't have worried about being late, there was hardly anyone here. In total there were no more than 15 families here, maybe less! Not long after we were seated, Goliath came to visit, followed quickly by JoJo. We then had enough time to get our food, before the characters began to dance. All kids were invited to join in, but Emily wouldn't after her experience with the pony race at WCC. Next June came out and Emily was very proud to show her, her June doll that she had purchased earlier in the week. June was even more pleased to see herself! Finally, Leo came by and fist bumped and high-fived Matt! The food here was very good, which was semi-surprising, as I often find it hit or miss here for dinner. It was so good, Matt proclaimed this, of all breakfasts, his favorite! He'd like to come back again for sure. Now how many 19 year olds would say that about a Playhouse Disney breakfast. The characters were already on their second loop, as there was hardly anybody to visit. Emily and Goliath shared a moment when neither could stop hugging each other. That was precious. Next JoJo came back and this time danced with Emily for a good few minutes, also very precious! When June returned, she wanted to see herself again, and this time she autographed her foot! This pleased Emily tremendously, and she showed everybody she could! Leo came for a quick visit just as wer were leaving.

With our tummies full, Matt and Courtney went to get 2 fastpasses each for RNR and ToT. Emily and I waited for them by the hat and were lucky enough to have Chip N Dale come out to just about where we were waiting so we got another pic and autograph. That's when I noticed a member of the dream team coming towards me. It couldn't be, I thought, and sure enough it wasn't. He came over, struck up a conversation, and proceeded to describe the Great Movie Ride to me, well I kind of know all about it, but I was gracious and thanked him. Next he asked how tall Emily was and then told me should could not ride RNRC, yeah, thanks again, and he left me for another family! Kind of disappointing, but not too much, we were still having a marvelous vacation!

When the kids returned, we rode GMR and then returned to use our fps, yes they were open already, the park was still deserted! Matt and Courtney rode RNR and Courtney and I rode ToT. We decided to save our rider switch passes for later. We then walked over and rode Star Tours again for Emily's sake and then went so see the Muppets, as Matt had not done these the other day. Matt then decided to go off again on his own for a while. He wound up going for a quick swim, then to Downtown Disney, West Side again, before coming back for a bite to eat at Earl of Sandwich.

As for us girls, we did the Backlot Tour, something we haven't done in quite a while. This really went down hill from when we first started coming to WDW, but at least it had a few bright spots, such as the bone cages from POTC and a few of their costumes. Right after, we met Lightning McQueen and Mater. Back in the stroller, Emily dozed off. Courtney and I were so hot, that we ducked into the exit of the Animation Tour, and sat down on comfy benches, people watching, while Emily slept. I then went to get 2 fastpasses for The Little Mermaid for Emily and Courtney. It was nearing the time they would be up, so I woke Emily since she had been out quite a while. At first she wanted to stay and play, but as soon as she heard she would be seeing Ariel, she couldn't wait to get out of there. While they saw the show, I went to use the rider switch pass at ToT. It was a very fun ride, as we had a CM ride down with us. He made it a lot of fun!

Once I met up with the girls, we decided to grab a spot for the parade. The girls held our spot, while I went to get some frozen strawberry lemonade and some frozen blue rasberry drink. I'm very sorry to hear this parade will be ending. Emily enjoyed it very much. We had great character interaction, as most of the characters came over to us! But yet agin, Emily's very favorite part was R2-D2 coming right at her! Once the parade was over, it was 20 minutes until the last showing of the day for Beauty and The Beast. Of course we had to go, even if it was just to see Four For a Dollar, who were outstanding as always! We were pretty much beat by then, so we headed back for a break!

Part 2 will follow!

gauvin4
09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
What great kids you have to make sure to do the things Emily likes. You must have raised them right.:thumbsup:

Thanks for another great report. I am looking forward to more.:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
09-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Great report!

I agree about the backlot tour. :(

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

January-2007
09-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey:

KylesMom
09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Too funny about Matt's favorite breakfast being Playhouse Disney characters! :D

What another marvelous day, although it sure would have been nice if the Dream Team would have gifted YOU!

Thanks for taking the time to post all of these wonderful memories - they are such a joy to read! :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I wonder if people aren't taking advantage of The Playhouse breakfast and it would be possible to get a ADR once we're there in Oct. It's one I really wanted to do and didn't because we're doing mostly ts dinners. It really sounds like great charcter interaction.

It sounds like everyone is having such a great time. Thank you for sharing!:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
A great day so far. I love Four for a Dollar!!:mickey:

vizsla
09-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Sounds like your off to a great start for the day. Thanks for the report.

Congratulations on 8000 posts.:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
CONGRATULATIONS on reaching 8000 posts!
Thanks for sharing another one of your days in the park with us!

DizNee143
09-07-2007, 10:38 AM
im glad everyone seemed to really enjoy breakfast..sounds like a good monring in MGM...you guys did manage to get a good amount done!!:mickey:

aprilisis
09-07-2007, 02:18 PM
I absolutely LOVE your trip reports! Congrats on your 8,000th post!!

Pocahontas
09-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I've really enjoyed your reports. I also have a teen and would find it very surprising to hear that they love anything with Playhouse Disney Characters!

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

faline
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Congrats on your posting milestone! Lots of character interaction on this day!

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
A wonderful day for all. Thanks for sharing.

I have to agree about the tour, though. It has fallen off my must do list.

Bethis26fan
09-10-2007, 01:30 PM
sounds like a great day, can't wait to read the rest.

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Kind of a tease to have a Dream Team member approach you and then not get any goodies. But it looks like you are all having a great time any way. Congrats on 8000 posts! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Heather,

Another wonderful day! I'm sad to about the Stars and Cars Motorparade, it was MY favorite!!

Thanks for your report. I always enjoy reading them.

Julie:mickey: