PDA

View Full Version : I need some MAJOR pixie dust!!

aprilisis
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
My cousin's husband had been having headaches that got to be severe. They took him to the ER & found out he had a few mini-strokes. They admitted him to critical care & I just got an e-mail from my Aunt saying that he is not doing well. They haven't even figured out the cause of any of this! He is only 31 & his daughter turns 7 tomorrow. I wish I could do something! Please send some pixie dust his way. Thanks, guys...and I'll keep you posted.

Stan
09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Prayers & PD on the way... :pixie:

SBETigg
09-06-2007, 10:59 AM
:pixie: I'm sorry for the scary news. Best wishes that they find the cause and he makes a speedy full recovery!

DVC2004
09-06-2007, 11:12 AM
My mom recovered from a major stroke a few years ago. The good news is there are many options to treat certain risk factors- high cholesterol, high blood pressure. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Please update us when you can.

Zippy 1
09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Sending you and your family prayers and lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:.

disneydrmr
09-06-2007, 12:25 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: Here's some pixie dust for him.. keep us updated!

aprilisis
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I just found out he had another stroke & now there is some paralysis. They STILL don't know what is causing the strokes! Thanks so much for all of the Pixie Dust & prayers. You guys are the best.

cheshirecollector
09-06-2007, 12:44 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

offwego
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
More on it's way..hope some good news comes soon!

:pixie::pixie:

ChipnDaleGal
09-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this sad situation. Hopefully they can figure something out and get him relief. Loads of :pixie: on the way!!

Nascfan
09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Lots of prayers and :pixie: coming from here. Hopefully it'll be ok.

ElenitaB
09-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm so sorry! I do hope that the doctors can figure out what's causing this... so here's a huge load of pixie dust for your family and the medical team!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

hoop de do
09-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Pixie Dust and Prayers coming your way. Keep us posted. :tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

Jeri Lynn
09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
April,
sending lots of Pixie dust and prayers your way. I hope they figure out what is wrong and can help him soon!

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
April, sending loads of prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: your cousin's husband's way... how scarey. I'm hoping you get some good news and they get some answers quickly...

MsMin
09-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Sending more :pixie: and prayers for all. It is very scary especially when someone is so young:(
I've seen many ppl make some incredible comebacks after a stroke. Let's hope they find the source soon and he recovers from the damage the stroke leaves behind :pixie:

iheartmickey
09-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening and I'm sending all the prayers and pixie dust I can that they figure this all out soon!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

merlinmagic4
09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Tons of :pixie: on the way. I sure hope you get good news soon.

mrsgaribaldi
09-07-2007, 02:06 AM
April I'm so sorry. Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers are on the way.

DisneyDudet
09-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Here is some :pixie: from Texas.

There are so many risk factors and causes of strokes. They have come a long way in stroke rehabilitation, and, with his young age, there is great hope for future functioning. With medical treatment, this paralysis may be temporary.

While all this can be uplifting, if they can't get to the bottom of the source, then there may be set backs. Here is some more :pixie: for the medical team in charge of his care. Here's hope to a speedy diagnosis and treatment and GET HIM HOME WELL!

Please keep us updated.

aprilisis
09-07-2007, 01:46 PM
First let me say thank you everyone. You have all been wonderful & your kind words and thoughts are very comforting & help me to stay positive. The latest news is that the doctors think that he has a kind of blockage in his neck from a previous trauma (no one knows what it was). His parents arrived safely at the airport and were driven by my cousin to a hotel right across the street from the hospital. I think it will help him and my cousin to have his parents there. I am staying positive- his strength & youth are on his side (he was in the Navy for years). Honestly, I can't thank you all enough. You are all such caring & compassionate people.

BRJARE3
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow. Good luck to you and your family. It sounds like your cousin's husband is fortunate to have some great people in his life, to help him get through this. I hope their daughter can try to enjoy her birthday. Being so young, I'm sure she is really scared about everything that is happening with her dad. All the best. Please keep us posted.

aprilisis
09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow. Good luck to you and your family. It sounds like your cousin's husband is fortunate to have some great people in his life, to help him get through this. I hope their daughter can try to enjoy her birthday. Being so young, I'm sure she is really scared about everything that is happening with her dad. All the best. Please keep us posted.

The latest now is that he will go to Mass General in Boston, so that is good. I also heard that their daughter, Jeannie (turning 7), has said that she does not want her Birthday party now- she wants her Daddy to get better. This is just killing me, guys. :cry:

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
April, I'm glad to hear they're coming close to a full diagnosis... how scarey for you guys. I'm sure he'll do even better @ Mass General... they're really good at that kind of stuff.
My heart goes out to his daughter -- sending prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: to her and her dad and the whole family that this will all turn out okay. :hug:

bleukarma
09-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Here is some more pixie dust in hopes that he has a speedy recovering!!!
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

WonderlandsMostWanted
09-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Just read this. I am so sorry dear. Here's hoping they figure things out and he recovers well.

aprilisis
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
:joy: Great news! He has had a lot of movement on his left side that they thought was paralyzed. They are going to ease up on the sedatives & get him started on his recovery ASAP. Thanks again for all of the Pixie Dust!!!

ChipnDaleGal
09-12-2007, 01:55 PM
That is wonderful news! What a relief for all that care about him and his family. Thanks for giving us the update. More :pixie: on the way to help with his recovery.

SBETigg
09-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks for sharing the good news and best wishes for his continued recovery.

ElenitaB
09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
That's such great news. Thanks for letting us know.

More :pixie: for a quick and FULL recovery!

The Bookseller
09-13-2007, 12:52 AM
I am late on this but I am glad to hear the good news! Here's some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for a full recovery.

DVC2004
09-13-2007, 09:25 AM
How wonderful, thank you for the update! I am so glad he is doing better.