PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant or food & wine fest tidbits??

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 03:33 AM
:mickey: Hi everybody....okay, I'm coming to you experts on the Food & Wine Fest @ Epcot... my DH and I are going in October on our own (:D) and are planning to hit Epcot for a few hours... I'd thought about getting ADR's at Le Cellier or Biergarten, but then wondered if it'd be a waste, as we'd like to tour some of the countries and try some food and wine, etc. Should we just skip dinner and make the tour our "meal"? We won't have more than 4 or 5 hours to spend there, and want to do Soarin' and visit a few other areas, as well, so I'm wondering if we'd even have time for a sit-down meal, anyway.

What are your thoughts??

(the evening will also be followed by the I'cot bash...:party: ... so, more food... maybe I'm answering my own question??)

PetefromRI
09-06-2007, 06:32 AM
When we went to the F&W Fest we did just that.We just ate at the various vender booths.Let me warn you,it can get quite expensive,no cheaper than a restuarant when you start to add it up, but boy was it good.Try the lamb and shrimp at the Australian Booth.

SBETigg
09-06-2007, 07:11 AM
You can make a meal out of samples and it is a fun way to experience F & W Fest, but it can cost more than a restaurant meal and it can take just as long or longer to make your way around, depending on lines. So it isn't a time or a money saver, but it is a great meal experience. If you do plan to sample your way through, you probably won't need a meal planned for the same night.

faline
09-06-2007, 08:23 AM
A couple of years ago, we visited during this festival. We had the same idea but gave it up after sampling just a few stands. The lines were outrageously long and very slow moving!

mrsgaribaldi
09-06-2007, 08:34 AM
We like to walk around and sample the foods:mickey:

DVC2004
09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
When we go during the fest we skip the restaurants and make a meal out of visiting the booths. You definitely won't go hungry! The restaurants will always be there but the fest is something special. Be sure to try the chicken and chorizo quesadilla at the Mexico stand!