PDA

View Full Version : Mini Golf

disney
09-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Does anyone know what the mini golf coarses are like at the Dolphen resort? If your a guest at the resort what is the fee?

ThanxForNoticin
09-06-2007, 06:25 AM
There are 2 courses next to the Dolphin - they are not really at the resort. It's called Fantasia Golf. The one course is a more traditional type of mini-golf, while the other course is a bit more challenging - no walls and longer holes. Both can be lots of fun. It's been awhile, but I think the cost is in the $10 range. I know DVC members can get a discount. There are probably other discounts, too - probably Annual Pass holders.

FG can be a fun evening activity. I think they are usually open until 10 or 11.

mermaidmarian
09-06-2007, 08:11 AM
I believe the price for adults is $16.00 per hole and when we played last month, they offered a 50% discount if you played again that day or the following.

In addition to the mini-golf location near the Epcot Resorts, there is also the WinterSummerLand Mini-Golf adjacent to Blizzard Beach, which, IMO, is a much "cuter" mini-golf set up.

CaptainSad
09-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I believe the price for adults is $16.00 per hole and when we played last month, they offered a 50% discount if you played again that day or the following.

In addition to the mini-golf location near the Epcot Resorts, there is also the WinterSummerLand Mini-Golf adjacent to Blizzard Beach, which, IMO, is a much "cuter" mini-golf set up.

I think you mean $16.00 per person. I don't think it costs more then the regular Golf Courses. LOL

mermaidmarian
09-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I think you mean $16.00 per person. I don't think it costs more then the regular Golf Courses. LOL

Whoops!:blush: I actually meant per adult - the children's price was less, but I cannot remember what it was.

princessM0m
09-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I have played the Fantasia course (last December) but not the Winter/Summerland course. The Fantasia course is great and it has a lot of detail, so make sure you pay attention to catch all the nuances. They also pace the groups playing to avoid lines on the course. It's definitely worth the side trip. If you are relying on Disney transportation it is easy to get to: take a bus/boat to the Swan Hotel and it is a short walk. If you take the boat turn left from the exit and then turn right at the end of the breezeway. Turn left just before the sandy playground and (carefully!) cross the road. It will be straight ahead. You have to take a bus to Blizzard Beach, or your own transportation, to get to Winter/Summerland. It's not as convenient if you don't have your own car.

TexasPrincessAurora
09-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Only one of the two courses at Fantasia Gardens is a traditional mini golf course. The other is like a real golf course with sand pits and putting greens, much more challenging and serious. It doesn't seem they've taken as good of care of Fantasia Gardens as they have Winter Summerland. It seems more worn. We love Winter Summerland. If you can get to it definitely try it. It's so much fun, especially for kids. Our 3 1/2 year old loves it!

disney
09-06-2007, 10:11 PM
:thumbsup:Thanks for all the feedback. Even the $16.00 a hole:D

tinkerbell04
09-07-2007, 07:58 PM
DVC members get 10 or 15 percent off, but annual pass holders get fifty percent off. We were there in June and had 3 kids and 2 adults in our party and the total was 26 dollars. So, I am not sure what the breakdown was per person, but that was the price with the fifty percent off. Our kids really loved it. The best part about it was that they really spaced out the people. When you check in, you are given a "tee" time, then you don't feel rushed by people right up behind you. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
09-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I've only played at Fantasia Gardens once and only played about 8 holes and had to stop because a nasty Thunder/Lightning storm came through. I've played at Winter Summerland multiple times and prefer that. It's much easier and more fun to play :mickey:

Tink#64
09-08-2007, 11:49 PM
We played mini golf at Fantasia Gardens last year & we loved it! At that time I think we paid around $11.00 per adult & around $9.00 for kids. We thought it was so unique! We had actually planned to play at Winter/Summerland by Blizzard Beach, but we knew the transportation stopped there earlier & we had a storm that afternoon & headed out to play putt putt much later than we had planned. So we knew we could get back & forth from FG with no problems between the boats & buses - so off we went. We loved it! :thumbsup: