09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: Julie
DH: Fred
DD: Morgan (6)
DD: Madison (5)

August 26-September 3

Port Orleans Riverside

We awoke for our first day of park touring! The girls are excited and get ready for their breakfast with Cinderella. They are wearing their finest attire, strappy heal sandals and their tiaras from Uncle John and Aunt Vanessa's wedding. Good thing I packed a change of clothes for later. :thumbsup:. We got right on the bus at the North Depot, no problems and we were off to the kingdom. The day was HOT and sunny!!
Ahhh, the vacation has begun as we are walking up Main Street. There is just nothing better than being on Main Street and seeing the castle!:cloud9: As we make our way to Cinderella's Royal Table, we bump into friends from home! We hadn't seen them in a while, but managed to see them every day in the various parks. What are the odds?
We had a great time at Cinderella's Royal Table. M&M were thrilled to meet Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle and the Fairy Godmother. We all enjoyed a hearty breakfast, and many good pictures. After we made our way out of the castle, we decided to make a quick stop in Fantasy Land. Peter Pan had a 15 minute wait, so we did it. That is usually an hour during the day... After Peter we made our way over to Frontier Land, M&M's favorite Land!! Waited for Splash and grabbed Fast Passes for Big Thunder Mountain. Splash was a 40 minute wait. It was a good Splash. We were all soaked. Good thing it was 98 degrees outside. M&M love Splash, they can not get enough of this ride. It seems that we got more wet on this trip than in the past... maybe Disney changed it a bit. Enoyed our ride on Big Thunder, dryed off a bit, did another round of Splash and then made our way over to Adventure Land. Hit Pirates twice, oh how nice and cool it was! Visited the Tiki Room and Magic Carpets of Aladdin. After the carpets the girls wanted to get Hair Wraps. OK, I'm a easy target. $62 later ($31 each, good thing for Disney Reward dollars).
It was now time for a Dole Whip Snack Break:mickey:! Yummmmmm. We all enjoyed our Dole Whip Floats. The girls enjoyed the show in front of the castle. Morgan is so funny, she is talking to everyone on lines and she tries to talk to this girl sitting in front of us and the girl looks at her and says "No habla English". Fred and I just broke out in hysterics. It was just one of those moments.
We then go back into Fantasy Land and just hit Mickey's Philharmagic (MY Favorite). A magical moment, we were chosen to be the musical instruments family before the show. That was fun. Fred decided that he wanted Peco's Bill for dinner. It was pulled pork for Fred, Cheeseburger for me, salad w/grilled chicken for Morgan and Mac and Cheese from the Columbia Harbor House for Maddie. All was delicious. Walked over to Tomorrowland, and grabbed Fast Passes for Space, hit Buzz. Maddie had a blast on this. She didn't want to go on in March, but really enjoyed it this trip. Thankfully, the girls wanted to skip Stitch. We enjoyed the Laugh Floor and a ride on the TTA. It was getting close to Wishes so we made our way over to the castle and found a great spot across from the rose garden photo stop. I have never seen all of Wishes, and I was not moving until the show was over this time. We all enjoyed it throughly!! Tink flew right over us. The girls thought that was the coolest ever. After Wishes we made our way out of the park, and it was chaos over at our Bus stop. No organization, people cutting all over. Just bad. I had the girls in Umbrella strollers, so we were hard to move around and at this point they were sound asleep. It took us about an hour and half to get back to the room. We arrived around midnight. What are you going to do? The resort is sold out. We tuck the girls in bed, and fall fast asleep, for tomorrow is a new adventure in Epcot.
Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a great day, thanks for sharing. :mickey:

January-2007
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM
What a wonderful day, from start to finish (minus the line cutters, of course)! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Sounds like really terrific first day in the parks! You accomplished quite a lot!

iheartmickey
09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
You got a lot done for your first day! I'm sure the girls had a magical time!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
09-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Except for that long ride home at the end of the day when you were tired, it sounded like the perfect first day!! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

faline
09-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Waiting for transportation back to your resort certainly made this a long day!

What a great Magic Kingdom day! How much better can a day be that starts with breakfast with Cinderella and ends with Tinkerbelle flying over your head!

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: