PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass Questions

disneymom2000
09-05-2007, 09:52 PM
OK - LoriMistress got me all hooked on this pre-paid photopass thing. I used the link she put in the DisneyMeets thread she started and read a bit on it. How far in advance can you ordered this photopass special before your vacation?? Does anyone know how it works? I have been reading but it is kind of confusing.:confused:

tinksmom02
09-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I ordered it 3 weeks before our trip.

I don't think it matters how far in advance you order it; the password should be good until you enter it, after you "upload" your Photopass pics.

What I took away from the website was this: if you think you might want to get a refund, do not enter the password! You forfeit your right to a refund once you enter the password.

I would assume that your credit card gets charged right away, when you order it...haven't checked my online statement recently.

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Yes, once you pre-order it, your card has been charged the discounted price, I do believe. I could be wrong, but this seems to be the most logical way.

You can order it anytime before you go. You are given a "coupon code" or whatever they call it. When you are done adding things to your pictures and such, and you click to buy, you will enter this code, and it will assure you of your price (if your card is charged when you pre-order, I assume you don't have to enter any credit card information at this time). I have been researching this as well, and this is what I understand.

If you end up not getting enough pictures or they aren't very good, you can ask for a refund.

DisneyDudet
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I found this on the Pre Order website:

Step 1: Purchase the Pre-Arrival Savings Offer and get Disney's PhotoCD for $99.95- a 20% savings!

Step 2: We'll send you a promotion code that you'll use to order your PhotoCD online.

Step 3: Visit the Parks and get lots of Disney's PhotoPass photos taken.

Step 4: After your vacation, order your PhotoCD using the special promotion code. The full cost of Disney's PhotoCD including standard domestic shipping will be deducted from your order.

Seems to me that you are charged first when you order the code. When you finally order the CD you are applying a "credit" that you bought earlier. Make sense?