PDA

View Full Version : Bar at Port Orleans French Quarter

Mnchknbrat1982
09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Not sure exactly if this is the place to post this question or not. But anywhoo..............

I was wondering if anyone could tell me or point me to a menu that has a listing of the alcoholic beverages served at the pool side bar and the other bar the French Quarter. Also how much could I expect to pay per drink?

Figment!
09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Just as an overview:

From Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)
Mardi Grog’s
Meals: Snacks
Hours: 11:30 am – 9:45 pm
Type: Counter Service
Price Range: Items Under $10
Advanced Dining Reservations: No
Cuisine: Cocktails and Snacks
Description: Enjoy a selection of Hot dogs, submarine sandwiches, ice cream novelties and beverages.

Scat Cat's
Meals: Snacks
Hours: 4:00 pm – Midnight
Type: Lounge Service
Price Range: Items Under $15
Advanced Dining Reservations: No
Cuisine: Cocktails and Snacks
Description: This jazzy lounge serves up a full bar, specialty drinks, appetizers, sandwiches, salad, and soup.

Currently the following is offered, but keep in mind that individual items can vary on a week to week or even day to to day basis. If you are interested in specific items, the best course of action is to call the Dining line and see if they can tell you if a specific item is likely to be available during your stay.

Scat Cat's

Specialty Cocktails ($7 -$8)

Bourbon Street Blues (House Cocktail with Jack Daniel's and Blue Curacao)
Sassagoula Swamp Water (House Hurricane with Gin, Tequila and Secret Ingredient)
Classic Hurricane
Seasonal SpecialtiesAssorted Beer and Wine ($4 - $6)

Mardi Grog’s

Specialty Cocktails ($7 -$8)

Mai Tai
Mango Margarita
Hurricane
Raspberry Pina Colada
Sunken Treasure (House Cocktail with Malibu rum and Midori)
Orange Creamsicle
Frozen Cappuccino with Monin Espresso
Frozen Cappuccino with Starbucks Cream Liqueur and Monin Espresso
Assorted Beer and Wine ($4 - $6)

TheRustyScupper
09-06-2007, 02:56 PM
1) The hurricane Rum Punches are wonderful.
2) They go down SOOOO smoothly.
3) At least, I "think" they do.
4) After two, I didn't remember much.
5) Actually, the next thing remembered was breakfast.
6) The mind was/is blank.
7) Kind of like the entire 60's.

NOTE: If you can remember the 60's, then you weren't there.

RALPH
09-07-2007, 06:46 AM
This was one of our earlier resort hotel stays when we stayed at WDW. They have a drink called a Sassagoula Daqueri (sp?) that is so good. I discovered it poolside (actually my wife did)and they serve it indoors too. It is a strawberry daqueri mixed with vanilla soft serve mix, not the ice cream, blended in a mixer. Sooooooo good and refreshing! :cloud9: I don't drink daqueri's so that that says something.

I keep telling my wife I have to go back there just to get another. Maybe next trip.

MOJoe
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Drinking anywhere in WDW is not cheap. Like the Resorts, you are paying more for the location. If cost is a big concern, you may want to buy bottled drinks offsite and store them in your room fridge. But if you can splurge for drinks at the bar, you have two good choices at POFQ. I have enjoyed them both. Especially Scat Cats, because of the entertainment on weekend evenings. Hanging around the pool bar is also fun for people watching. Hope you enjoy your trip!