PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary room rehabs - 2006

EmmMOM2
09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
What do you think of the room rehabs of the contemporary? Do you like them better then the older rooms? I thought the older ones were too loud with the colors.
Has anyone been to the contemporary since this change?

GhostHost999
09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I saw pics posted of what the new rooms looked like, and I have to say, I like it. The rooms look much classier now than before. And truth be told these rooms help the resort live up to it's name.

DisneyOtaku
09-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I stayed in the Contemporary this past July with my best friend, my sister, and her best friend for the first time. We LOVED the rooms. It was very...I don't know, classy? The colors were more earth-toned and the whole layout impressed us. If I ever got the chance, I would stay there again.

mouseketeer mom
09-06-2007, 06:40 AM
We're staying for the first time in Nov. for three nites at the atrium club. The rooms and lounge looked amazing in the photos we saw on line. We thought now was a great time to try it!

Jenemmy
09-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I was there in September and absolutely LOVED the changes in the rooms. I thought they were just perfect and the pictures here on Intercot really do them justice.

The only issue I had -- and I think it has been discussed here, so forgive me for the repeat -- is that there is very little space in the bathroom for toiletries. There is no countertop, just two large, flat square sinks. We ended up using one of the sinks as a countertop! As I recall, there was not even a shelf uner the sink for anything.

However, the ultra comfy bed and pillows make up for any bathroom inconvenience!!

sagessa
09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
The only issue I had -- and I think it has been discussed here, so forgive me for the repeat -- is that there is very little space in the bathroom for toiletries. There is no countertop, just two large, flat square sinks. We ended up using one of the sinks as a countertop! As I recall, there was not even a shelf uner the sink for anything.

This is exactly what we did when we were there in December. I loved the look of the bathroom; it was very modern, but the lack of counter space and storage was a problem with the amount of stuff we had.

Other than the bathrooms, the rooms are fantastic. Very comfortable and classy. Although, I do have to admit I missed the old decor some. We spent our honeymoon at the Contemporary, so stepping into one of the rooms always brought back great memories. I guess we'll have to go back and make some new ones! :mickey:

Rachel R.

illini
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I've only seen the photos online, but wowza... they're gorgeous! Even my kids wanted to stay there, and it's not like there's a serious theme going on. I was torn between CR and Poly, but CR didn't have any availability. With those rooms, I can see why not!

pox24
09-06-2007, 11:12 AM
My wife and I both agree, the rooms are awesome except for the desks. We enjoy in room dining for breakfast on check out day. They took the tables out and sustituted the desks. Not the best for two especially if you want to look out at the castle while eating.

Tink1
09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Color me silly, but I LOVED the old rooms! They were just so... "Jetson" era. :silly:

The new ones are gorgeous, and very classy, but I really miss the old ones.

(plus there was TONS of storage)

Nanc

denygold
09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I would have to say that while the new rooms are very elegant, tv is nice etc., I liked the old "contemporary" decor better.
The lack of storage space is an issue too.

NJRRK
09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
They only complaint I has was the lack of storage. The bathroom wasn't bad, there is a shelf under the sinks for "stuff".