PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Last minute trip in October!

cinderellasmommy
09-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi. We are planning a last minute trip to celebrate my toddler's birthday. We would like to go in the month of October. Is this a good time to go??? Which weeks in October are best? My DD loves Cinderella and Halloween so we thought this would be the perfect birthday present for her! The problem is we are a budget of only $2000. AND we would like to fly since she doesn't do very well in the car. Flights are SO expensive. I hear that a trip to Disney in the fall is usually cheaper. Anyone have any suggestions??? We would like to stay about a week. We would like enough time to see Disney and not have to rush. Is 2 years old too young for DIsney???

Thanks for your help!http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/mickey.gif

vamaggie
09-05-2007, 04:57 PM
To answer the last question first: 2 is a great age to 1st experience WDW. What I would do (and have done for our Nov trip) is contact Magical Journeys. They will help you figure out what you can afford, when you can get good rates etc. They are an Intercot sponsor and are FREE!!

Oh and :welcome: to Intercot.

Strmchsr
09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

I second the suggestion for Magical Journeys. Trying to plan a trip this quick, they would be the one to use. Yes, there were some discounts just released for October, but they only released a very small number of rooms, so it's questionable whether any discountable rooms are left.

I would strongly suggest looking into flying out of Louisville on SW. That's often the cheapest airfare into Orlando.

October does tend to be rather crowded, but the MNSSHP is a blast and you'll want to go to Info Central and check out the information on it as well as the tips for celebrating a birthday at WDW.

Your 2 yr old will probably not remember this Disney trip, but I'm sure she'll have a good time while she's there and you'll have lots of memories whether she does or not.

buzznwoodysmom
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
We brought both of our boys at age 2 and it was so much fun. They don't remember much from the trips, but mommy and daddy won't ever forget it. I think your DD will have a wonderful time.

I did some quick checking on the disney site and it appears that it is definitely doable on a $2000.00 budget. For seven nights at Pop Centry with the fall discount and 5 day base tickets came out to around 828.00. That leaves over $1000.00 for plane tickets, food and spending money. Good luck!!

cinderellasmommy
09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh no....Is it busy in October?! I thought it was one of the less crowed times of the year. Is November a better time to go?? I wanted to take her to the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party but if it's too crowded we will wait until November.

Strmchsr
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Oh no....Is it busy in October?! I thought it was one of the slowest times of the year. Is November a better time to go??

It used to be slow, but with many southern schools doing fall breaks, the Food and Wine Festival, and the MNSSHP it's gotten a lot busier, more so in late October than early. But, almost any month is busy. I'm not sure a true "slow" month exists anymore. November still has F&W Festival, Soap Week, Thanksgiving week and so on so you're not going to hit a "slow" time. Just go for her birthday, take her to MNSSHP, and have a blast. Don't worry about crowds. Have a plan of what you really want to see, use fastpass and you'll be fine.

vamaggie
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Another thing to do asap is make any reservations for TS meals (inc characters meals) you may want to have. Many places get full fast and since you are so close I would call as soon as you know where/when you want to eat TS meals. Check out the menus in Info Central for ideas about what each restaurant offers. You may have to go at (what others would consider) off times like earlier or later lunches or early dinners to get what you want. But then again they may work better with little one's schedule. When we went when DD was 18 mos, we eat lunch about 11:30, then had "nap/rest time". We also ate early dinners (like 5-5:30ish) and then had time to enjoy the evening before bed. It seemed better to not be trying to fininsh dinner only to have to put her tobed.