PDA

View Full Version : Should I Trust Magical Journeys Again

SueQ
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
:confused: I used them once before and some how my package got alittle screwed up. We were lucky that the folks at Disney were feeling generous our first night there. Cause MJ had not started our park passes for the right night. When we got to the gate the passes wouldn't work. We had to go to the window and try to tell them what happened. We were lucky that they believed us and gave us passes for that day. The others kicked in the next day.

MJ gave me the better price for a Disney trip next year.

glenpreece
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Hmmm that's a hard one. I completely understand how you feel as I would be mad too at the time. But they like others are only human. If they can get you a good deal I'd go with them. That issue seems quite small compared to a CAA travel agent who botched my friends trip in '06. Didn't book them a hotel for the night in Buffalo, ended up paying more for a really gross hotel and then forgot to give them ME tags etc. And then they had no documents for any of there disney related items. I just used MJ for the first time this trip. I think I'd use them again unless something major happened, I'm sure if you had contacted them when it happened them would've been able to get it fixed for you.

Strmchsr
09-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I would suggest you read the "why use magical journeys" thread stickied in this forum. It's filled with tons of positive experiences (my own included). Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sorry you had to be the one in a million mistake MJ made. I'm sure they are, too. Definitely give them another shot. You won't regret it.

Tink1
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Um, can you message me with the particulars? This is the first I am hearing of this.

Thanks!

Nanc

illini
09-05-2007, 05:07 PM
That doesn't sound like an MJ problem to me, but a check-in problem. To the best of my knowledge, when you check in, you're given your Keys to the World cards. Those are loaded with X number of entry days. The tickets start at the time of check-in (though they will expire if no expiration option isn't selected).

I think you've been blaming the wrong people. Sounds like the park pass portion didn't get loaded onto the keys. Or perhaps it didn't "take."

Either way, though, that's a minor glitch. I won't book any way other than MJ.

Tink1
09-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I think your right Julie. From what I can trace from her signature and past posts (her agent is no longer with us and it is hard to track particulars 2 years later.) is:

It was a one night regular season room only reservation first. The the rest of the trip was a "continuing" reservations to take advantage of the value season rates and save money.

Tickets were ordered on the first reservation as Keys to the World (passes go on your room key rather than seperate media).

Disney applied the tickets at check-in to the longer reservation which was the second one. Why? I have no clue.

But no matter whose fault, it does upset me to see these things happen.

Nanc

Strmchsr
09-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Good call Nanc. :thumbsup: That's why I love you folks at MJ. Going the extra mile to research a potential problem, even one that happened a while ago, says a lot for you.:number1:

kakn7294
09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Seems to me this is a perfect reason to use MJ again! Nice job Nanc! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM
It was a one night regular season room only reservation first. The the rest of the trip was a "continuing" reservations to take advantage of the value season rates and save money.

Tickets were ordered on the first reservation as Keys to the World (passes go on your room key rather than seperate media).

Disney applied the tickets at check-in to the longer reservation which was the second one. Why? I have no clue.

You read my mind, and I don't even have access to this. Sounded like a late night arrival I don't want to pay a lot for stuff, just sleep, type of thing, but the seasons change makes sense as well.

SueQ
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
You read my mind, and I don't even have access to this. Sounded like a late night arrival I don't want to pay a lot for stuff, just sleep, type of thing, but the seasons change makes sense as well.
It wasn't a late night arrival. We arrived early afternoon. The MJ person who did our vacation set it up as check-in the first day, get room key with pass for that day on it...Then we had to check-out and check back in the next morning. Given new room keys and the rest of the days passes on that one. But that's not how it turned out.

Anyhow...that was 2 years ago. I'm really looking forward to going again. Staying in a cabin again at Fort Wilderness. Thinking end of october - beginning of Novemeber 2008.

illini
09-06-2007, 09:49 AM
The MJ person who did our vacation set it up as check-in the first day, get room key with pass for that day on it...Then we had to check-out and check back in the next morning. Given new room keys and the rest of the days passes on that one. But that's not how it turned out.

I guess that's my point. MJ set it up the right way. Disney didn't implement it properly. I can't see how that is MJ's fault. :confused: If the agent isn't there on property and doesn't even know that Disney didn't properly code the keys, how can they fix it or prevent it?

I absolutely think you should use them again. Nanci even went the extra mile here when she heard there'd been a problem, trying to figure it out. But if you're going to be panicked that they will "mess up" the whole time, maybe not.

SueQ
09-06-2007, 10:22 AM
But if you're going to be panicked that they will "mess up" the whole time, maybe not.

I'm not panicked. Just asking for people's advice on MJ. That's all.

robyn221
09-06-2007, 11:40 AM
The nice thing about using a travel agent is you have someone to call who can "go to bat" for you when things don't work like you planned/hoped. Regardless of which travel agent you select, if you have a problem with your arrangements, you need to call your agent so they can deal with it immediately. A good agent will get it straightened out quickly. A great agent will go back two years later to find out what caused the problem so it's less likely to happen again.

Robyn:mickey:

TiggerTopper
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
:notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth: THEY ROCK! :notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth:

vamaggie
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
The nice thing about using a travel agent is you have someone to call who can "go to bat" for you when things don't work like you planned/hoped. Regardless of which travel agent you select, if you have a problem with your arrangements, you need to call your agent so they can deal with it immediately. A good agent will get it straightened out quickly. A great agent will go back two years later to find out what caused the problem so it's less likely to happen again.

Robyn:mickey:

My thoughts exactly. I would have called my agent when the issue occurred to see if they could straighten it out. I agree it seems that it was not a MJ problem--they set up what you wanted/asked for--but a Diseny problem. Just the fact that Nanci has taken the timer to look into it shows me that MJ is dedicated, competent and really has the customers' satisfaction as a goal. We are using MJ for our trip in Nov and I don't think I would ever use anyone else (myself included) to book future trips.

sainter
09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
So did you pay for a one day pass and then a multiple day pass seperately to be applied to the second reservation?

Speedy1998
09-06-2007, 06:47 PM
The nice thing about using a travel agent is you have someone to call who can "go to bat" for you when things don't work like you planned/hoped. Robyn:mickey:

I have only had something go wrong with my vacation twice and both time were the 2 times I used a travel agent (different agents, with different comapanies). I will never use one again!!!

Here we go again...
09-07-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm not panicked. Just asking for people's advice on MJ. That's all.

I have used MJ for 4 Disney trips and 2 cruises.
I have never, ever had a problem with them and love the personal touch that MJ delivers.

If you do decide to use MJ again, make sure you have your agents phone number in case something comes up when you arrive.

We all know mistakes can happen... hopefully nothing like that will happen again.

faline
09-07-2007, 05:21 AM
The folks at Magical Journeys are the best! I've used them for several years now!

Dawneeeey
09-07-2007, 11:18 PM
MJ all the way!!

As a matter of fact, one of my friends asked me the other day how he should go about booking his trip for his family of to WDW and I gave him the info for MJ!!!

:number1: