PDA

View Full Version : Once an AP holder...

January-2007
09-05-2007, 03:14 PM
We've been very blessed this year. We purchased Annual Passes this past October, and counting our trip coming up in a week and a half, we will have gone to WDW 4 times, totalling over a month in Florida. It's been very exciting planning all these trips and of course experiencing them! Funny as it sounds, I was almost looking forward to having a break. I haven't bought anything new like a cd or movie in forever because I would rather spend the money on stuff on vacation, and it can be stressful worrying about the drive down and back, etc... But... Now they have the bounce back option so if we book for next September we could get Free Dining again. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be returning until around May 2009. That's a long way away! Then there's school, which I am planning to return to, and so September isn't as great a time to go. So then I think December, but if we go all the way to December, can't we just wait until May? I've been researching ticket prices and packages today, it's so funny. I'm about to go on this glorious 2 week trip and I am stessing over what happens next?

My goodness, once an AP holder, always wanting to be an AP holder. Can anyone relate?

disneymom15
09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I can relate. We're not AP holders right now, but when we were, I was always looking into times to go. I think at one point I had 3 trips planned. It was like I couldn't control myself. Right now we only have 1 trip planned. We bought 10 day hoppers/no exp/ water park and more tickets.

Dracula766
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM
We are in the same boat.
My Girlfriend & I bought APs for our Oct. trip last year since we knew we'd be returning to orlando for a friends' wedding in Dec.

We also went in June for Star Wars weekend and will be taking our 4th trip next month for MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival.

now she says she doesn't wanna go back next year. I may have to change her mnd :thedolls:

glenpreece
09-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't even have my AP yet and I am trying to figure out when i can go nest. I really want to do Dec but don't think I can afford it so I was thinking Jan but then a friend is going in apr so i figured I'd meet her family down there.

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Each year we had an AP, we went 3 times. Each time had an unexpected trip. We can't afford the time to go that many times anymore, with my dad in grad school and my mother working a different type of job, so we're back to going every one or two years.

It kinda makes us cherish the time we do get to go like we did before. Even though going so often was really fun, its fun to see all the new things and soak it all in.

Once you're an AP holder and you see an opportunity for two trips in a 365 day span, you will jump right on that bandwagon again!

illini
09-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm turning a bit green here, but I completely understand. DH knows better than to let me get APs or we'd be there every other month!

magicofdisney
09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
I COMPLETELY understand! We got APs a few years ago, but then I got pregnant so we took a couple of years off. We now have passes again and they expire at the end of September (at the end of our next trip). I can't even imagine not having them. I too don't buy too much for myself because I'm always planning that next trip. My husband just rolls his eyes. It's just becoming so expensive with a family of 6. We're not sure we can renew again this year, but I'm constantly working on ways to make it happen. How will I survive?? ;)

Red Randal
09-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I was actually just thinking about this earlier today.

I got my AP in May and plan on using it a second time in October. I want to get my money's worth out of it, so the family is thinking about possibly doing something around Christmas with it (if we can afford it,) and I might be using it in March for a weekend (as my signature notes.) Finally, we've always planned on using it again in early May (before it runs out.) That's a possible total of 5 trips in one year. I only had 8 total before the year began. So it's a big jump.

Right now I'm leaning towards not renewing, since I'd really like to take a cruise next year. I also really want to visit Disneyland, so that will probably be my next Disney destination. As much as I love Disney World, I think I need a small break from it. I've been there a LOT over a span of five years and (don't get me wrong, I could visit every weekend) I actually kind of miss that feeling of anticipation and build up to a vacation that's a year away. Now it's kind of like "yeah, I'm going to Disney next month, I guess I should probably make some ADR's or something." Also, I really don't see much on the horizon in the next year or two that I really want to see. Over the last few years I've been really pumped about Everest, the Pirates refurb, Soarin, and the YOAMD in general. Beyond the SSE refurb, there's not much else I'm DYING to get there to see. Toy Story Mania seems nice and all, but it's not exactly going to make me run to Florida.

Come next May I might feel totally different and renew anyway but, for right now, I'm ready to go back to being a regular old MYW guy.