PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package vs Not / multiple shows

xipetotec
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Hello,
Since 2000, whenever we've gone down to WDW, we've always gotten the Fantasmic! Dinner Package. We find that it's great to not stand in line and just be seated.

that being said, next year's upcoming trip, The studios are open March 3rd with EMH and has TWO Fantasmic! shows. We were thinking that maybe we'd skip the dinner package so we could go eat somewhere else ( 50's prime Time, for example ) for once and then just go to the later show.

Does this sound like a crazy plan for someone used to the dinner package? The way I see it, there ARE two shows, and at least SOME of the crowds will get thinned out by EMH. AND timing wise, even on the dinner package, you STILL have to show up a half an hour in advance anyway...

faline
09-05-2007, 02:12 PM
With two shows scheduled, you can be sure that Disney expects it will be busy enough to warrant scheduling two shows.

I've heard of folks who have gone to the second show and found standing room only. If you skip the dinner package, I'd suggest arriving at least one hour before the scheduled show.

KylesMom
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I would have to agree with Linda. You're into Spring Break season, and I suspect that you'd have a very unpleasant surprise if you arrived 45 minutes before showtime, only to have SRO available to you.

We have been doing the Fantasmic! Dinner Package since 2001, and every time we question whether we should spend the extra $$$ to do it, we think back to the miserable time we had in 2000 without the package - and then we add it to our ADR list! :mickey:

xipetotec
09-05-2007, 03:15 PM
oh I agree about the extra $$$. It's not THAT much more imho, and it guarantees you a seat. It was more about being able to not restrict myself to those three restaurants. I'd like to try 50's Prime Time for dinner instead. Hmm... I also figured that the second show was there because of EXTRA MAGIC HOURS ... hmmm... decisions, decisions...

tink2006
09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
We went the first full week of August. We went to the first show with the Fantasmic package (Brown Derby was wonderful, as usual). When we left the show, I noticed this line that went all the way to the entrance to the park. I finally asked someone in line.....They were waiting to get into the second show of fantasmic. I could not believe it! The line went ALL the way to the FRONT of the park. I guess I had never noticed the line before...I am now convinced. Enjoy a nice dinner and enter the Fantasmic theater at your leisure.:mickey:

MsMin
09-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I've gotten in the last min. on the second showing and the stands were about 60-70% capacity @ show time. BUT it was December, mid- week during value season w/ low crowds. It's possible in months times like early Dec. but depending solely on the crowds at the time. Do you feel lucky? If the show was real important to me then I would consider the sure thing over a gamble.