PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Location

MouseManiac
09-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi All!

I know, I know... this question must have been done to DEATH.... BUT...

Family of 5 (Me/old,DH/old, DS/5, DD/5, DD3)

Adjoining rooms (they'll guarantee since the little monsters outnumber us)

Rental car

What building should we request? Think little legs, tired parents, late (or later than their used to) evenings.

Ideally, quiet and close to parking, but not facing the lot.

Any tips or advice is hugely helpful!:mickey:

CleveRocks
09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
POFQ is so pleasantly compact that building location won't matter one bit, in terms of convenience.

I timed the very farthest walk, a walk from the far end of building One to the food court doors -- 3 minutes 20 seconds was the LONGEST walk on-property. By contrast, when I stayed in a preferred location room at CBR 2 years ago, it was a 5 minute walk to the food court ... and that was one of the closest rooms to the food court! POFQ is small, but hapily and pleasantly so.

Oh, and make sure you ask for connecting rooms, not adjoining rooms. In Disney-speak, "adjoining" simply means next to each other, but "connecting" means having a internal doorway between the two.

sgdisney
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
POFQ is much more compact than any other resort, but if you want to try for the closest locations, I'd suggest building 4 which is very close to the bus stop and food court if you don't plan on using the pool much, or building 5 if you do plan on going to the pool. It's a beautiful resort and I've had nothing but good experiences there.

garymacd
09-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Don't worry about the rooms facing the parking lots. There are very few rooms that actually look onto the lots. Most have manicured lawns and gardens between them with a screen of trees making it almost impossible to see the cars. We have never heard any traffic noise from the cars or service areas for the resort.

Have you considered having just one room and asking for a crib for the youngest? Alternatively, move your reservation to POR. Many rooms there have a trundle bed underneath one of the beds - plenty big enough for any of your little ones. They may even fight over who gets to sleep in it. These resorts use only double beds in the rooms, except for the occasional king bed room - only one bed to the room. I don't know if any of the king rooms are connected to the next room.

#1donaldfan
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Have you thought of POR riverside AB???? Very nice and it has a really nice play area, just beside the main pool.... I would suggest builing 18 / 27 and or 14 as they are very close to the bus / and food. Only about a minute walk from the late, late night bus to your room. PORFQ is very nice and I don't mean to try to sway you away from there, I am just adding another place to consider......happy hunting.......plus they sleep 5......one on a trundle.....very nice.....

momofdisneyprincess
09-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Having just gotten back from that resort two days ago I can answer those questions for you. As others said, it is a compact resort so all buildings are fine. We had a first floor room in building 6 and it worked out perfect. If my daughter was asleep, we would just wheel her carriage right in the door. The walk to food court, transportation, and pool was fine. Maybe 2 minutes at the most. As far as a rental car...I would say DEFINITELY. The buses were packed. Holding a sleeping child for a sometimes 40 minute bus ride is not fun. I would say to rent one from the airport. Alamo had full size cars at $150 a week. You can forego the ME...it was fine but I would have rather had the rental car. All in all, it was a nice hotel though. Have a great trip!

MouseManiac
09-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Having just gotten back from that resort two days ago I can answer those questions for you. As others said, it is a compact resort so all buildings are fine. We had a first floor room in building 6 and it worked out perfect. If my daughter was asleep, we would just wheel her carriage right in the door. The walk to food court, transportation, and pool was fine. Maybe 2 minutes at the most. As far as a rental car...I would say DEFINITELY. The buses were packed. Holding a sleeping child for a sometimes 40 minute bus ride is not fun. I would say to rent one from the airport. Alamo had full size cars at $150 a week. You can forego the ME...it was fine but I would have rather had the rental car. All in all, it was a nice hotel though. Have a great trip!

Hey!! I'm on the Cape too! :thumbsup: In Cotuit....

Thanks for the great info! And, I agree, the car is KEY! We took the kids last year and stayed off property, therefore got a car. What a life saver! Every day around 2:00 we would leave the park , crank up the AC and drive around in the "Magic Nap Mobile". Lo-and-Behold, the monsters I put in the car an hour earlier were restored to my polite, lovely children again! Plus, my husband and I found at least 40 houses we would buy if we hit the lottery!

One more question, anyone know which buildings used to be smoking buildings? Just curious, and would like to avoid if possible.:ack:

Thanks again to all!!:mickey:

Kim