PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue vs. Continental

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Last January we flew down to disney, using both airlines. Jetblue was super nice, the personal tvs made the flight a breeze and they offered multitudes of snacks and drinks always asking for refills or if we wanted more.

Continental on the other hand, were very nasty, complained when I asked for water and a diet coke, and for more pretzels since I was :ill: and there on board entertainment consistested of several screens coming down and playing tv shows which I was uninterested.

This time we were determined to fly JB only (i'd try South West but they don't fly out of Newark). Found a $59 flight home, but flight there is $89 (still not bad considering we paid 79 and 99 last year). However I found a continental flight for $59 (plus taxes of course). Flight times are similar 7:25-10:30 for Continental, 8-10:55 for JB. I mean $30 is $30 ($60 in total, for 2 adults) but I'm just not sure it's worth it if the people are going to be nasty, I don't want to start off my 9 day disney vacation that way.

This trip I will have more money since I'm working 2 jobs (plus school) vs just school last year and savings from the summer. Plus I now have a dinsey visa, so I already have $75 in rewards. I mean I could make the extra $60 working one sunday ($8.75 x 8 hours) or subsitute teaching for 1 day (you get paid $70-80/day) so it's not super much. I'm lucky in the fact my parents pay most of my bills (I'm 22, living at home, taking 19 credits, and working 2 jobs- 1 for experience and the other so I can actually see my friends and bf who work with me) so my earning money is mostly my fun money.

What would you guys recommend? :confused: :confused:

Cozfamilyof6
09-05-2007, 01:14 PM
But since money is not an issue for us, I'd pay more to be happy. But if it is for you, take Continental - the flight may be 10x better than your last.
We always take Jet Blue out of Newark when we fly on the east coast and we've always been satisfied with service.

Rosanne
09-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I personally would pay the extra $$ to fly JetBlue.

I always take that flight out of Newark and unless there's really bad weather, it always leaves on time. The Direct TV is amazing. Plus, the terminal is almost all JetBlue flights so it's less hectic than the rest of Newark.

Maybe I'm just a creature of habit, but I like to stick with the more pleasant experience.

Roo Girl
09-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Another vote for JetBlue!!

We just flew Continental out of Newark this past labor Day weekend to FL and it was another nightmare- but to be honest, I'm not sure if its Contiental or Newark that is to blame- that airport is the WORST. I sat on the runway for 2 hours while we waited, 20th in line, for takeoff. What is the problem people??

OK, I'm getting off my soapbox. Jetblue is so mcuh better; I can't remember a delay flying them and I only remember delay after delay after delay with Continental.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Yea I think we're just going to go JB. What's $30--it's going out to dinner. So we skip it twice....like we're going to have time to do that anyway...:(

mouseketeer mom
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
I always fly out of Newark on Continental, never on Jet Blue and never had a problem..I will agree with you tho, the flight staff is always on the "touchy" side, not always the most pleasant! How in the world did you find a $59.00 flight out of Newark to Orlando? I'm researching now to fly in November and the flights are thru the roof! Maybe I'll check out Jet Blue.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm going to Jan. The fares are really low, I know $89 is still a bargain, but I can't help seeking out the bargain.

tinksmom02
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Here's another vote for JetBlue, and we haven't even flown them yet!

I despise continental, I'm so excited to try JetBlue this time around!

Was really hoping to score a good deal with Spirit out of AC but the prices never came down. When I booked JetBlue, Spirit was $400 more than JB!

Anyway, for the poster who was wondering about JB prices--keep checking their website! We didn't get them that cheap, but we paid less than $100/each way, which was my goal LOL