Beach Club Babe
09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Cast Members:

Me (Heather)
DS (Matt)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#3 (Emily

Friday, August 17th, 2007 continued

Sorry about the delay, but on with the end of the day.

After a swim in Stormalong Bay was were refreshed and by 7:00 PM we were ready to hit the MK. It was EMH tonight from 11-2. I knew we wouldn't make it that long, but we'd see what kind of fun we could have. When we arrived at MK it was absolutely packed, probably the most crowded I've seen in quite a while.

We walked straight back to Fantasyland and took in a showing of Mickey's Philharmagic followed by a spin on the carousel. Courtney made sure that Emily got to ride on Cinderella's Horse. Pooh still had some fastpasses available so we grabbed some on our way to Tomorrowland.

In Tomorrowland we rode Carousel of Progress and followed that up with a spin on the TTA. Literally, just after we stepped out of our compartment, and lady who is about to enter the ride, reaches over and slams her hands down on the control panel or whatever you would call it! The ride comes to an abrupt halt and alarms are sounding! I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed! As we made our way down the moving walkway, we are approached to take a survey. I am asked to rate this attraction, and the look of surprise on the CM's face when I said 10, was of utter shock and confusion! I am then asked why I've given it a 10. I given a few short answers and tell her I could expound on this for the rest of the night. She then asked me questions about my experience tonight, so I told her about the woman causing the ride to stop. She then asked something like "Should this ride remain or be replaced?" To which I emphatically replied it needed to stay. However, I could not shake the feeling that maybe they were looking for excuses to get rid of this! I would be very sad if they did, we all love this ride!

We hadn't eaten anything since our late lunch at Whispering Canyon and we were finally beginning to feel a little hungry. We dined on chicken strips and hot dogs, which really hit the spot! It was now time for our fastpasses at Pooh, so we used them and when we exited, Wishes was just beginning, so we watched them from this angle tonight. Then since I had not yet ridden Splash Mt. on this trip, Matt and I headed there. Emily had wanted to wear her Cinderella dress again tonight, so I did not want to get that wet. Instead, she and Courtney went to ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets. Our ride on Splash was a good one. We were seated in the back of the log and got quite wet when another log zoomed down the big drop! It felt really good though, as it was still quite hot, even at that hour! We were feeling a bit more tired than we thought we would, so we had one last ride for the evening on Pirates and then made our way back to Yacht Club for the night!

Day 7 is coming!

ChipnDaleGal
09-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Heather, thank you so much for doing your part to help keep TTA safe!! I would be crushed if they ever took it out. Sounds like you guys sure had a fun night at Magic Kingdom. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

DizNee143
09-05-2007, 01:04 PM
omg...i hope they arent thinking of doing anyting to TTA...that is one of my favorites!!
sounds like a good evening!! :mickey:

gauvin4
09-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Heather, I thank you as well for doing your part to keep TTA. :thumbsup:
Sounds like you had another great evening. Thanks for sharing!!!

January-2007
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for reporting. Let's hope the TTA never goes away!

RedSoxFan
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
A good evening at MK. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a great end to the day.

Vintage Disney
09-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Dh and I love the TTA too! We'll be there in October, if I see someone taking a survey I will definately give TTA a 10 also!

iheartmickey
09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
WOW ... what would we do if they get away with the TTA!!!! OH NO! Thank you for doing your part to keep it around.

Sounds like a nice evening and a nice end to your day! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

WDW Dreamer
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
TTA is one of my very favorite rides! My whole family would be very disappointed if they replaced it. CoP is another ride that I can't do without. Thanks for giving TTA a 10! :thumbsup:

vizsla
09-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
09-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Sounds like a great night despite the large crowds!
Were you able to find out just why that woman struck her head on the control panel?
Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a great night despite the large crowds!
Were you able to find out just why that woman struck her head on the control panel?
Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

It was her hand. She came off the moving belt, took a step or 2, then she just reached over and hit something, very hard I might add. I never did find anything else out about it.

Mickey'sGirl
09-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Heather, thank you so much for doing your part to help keep TTA safe!! I would be crushed if they ever took it out. Sounds like you guys sure had a fun night at Magic Kingdom. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:
Ditto! We would be devastated! DS3 and I have had countless spins on the old TTA whilst the others were riding bigger rides -- or late at night when he wants to rest during an EMH. SAVE THE TTA! Thanks for helping the cause!

offwego
09-06-2007, 11:07 AM
A great report as always. I too love a spin on the TTA to just observe and relax..thanks for letting them hear all our voices!:mickey:

KylesMom
09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I bet you were more shocked with the survey than the survey taker with your answers. I can't imagine Tomorrowland without the TTA! And that is truly unbelievable that the woman hit the power button!

Actually, for a crowded EMH evening, you guys were able to do quite a bit - even Splash Mountain! Hopefully Courtney was over the shoe incident of earlier! :D

faline
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
What a long day you had! Emily is a real trouper to be up so late!

What a strange survey. I hope it doesn't mean bad news in the future.

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Let's hope the TTA stays. I can't imagine life without it. Thanks for doing your part!!

Another great day, thanks for sharing it with us.:mickey:

princessgirls
09-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I saw the "data People" at the TTA as well. Yes, they are surprised when you say you enjoy the ride. It's great for people of all ages. We rode it 3 times this past trip. It's relaxing.
Heather and crew, you really had a great day. Thanks for the report.
Julie:mickey: