PDA

View Full Version : Changed our flights! WooHoo!

DisneyAddict62
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Airtran bumped our return flight up an hour, so I called and asked it we could change our incoming flight to the night before! He started to give me a hard time about it, but did it anyway without penalty! So now, instead of leaving at 6:30 am, we leave at 6 PM the night before. :joy: Yea! No more leaving the house at 3 AM to get to the airport and having a very grumpy, tired party of 7 our first day! (There was a difference of almost $100 in the flights when I booked them, that's why we were going for the 6:30 am flight.) I am so excited! I did a little happy dance in my kitchen all by myself when I hung up the phone! :blush:

(we don't have a airplane smiley?!)

jenperich
09-05-2007, 09:14 AM
We also decided to leave the night before. I think it's a great idea, because no matter how late you get to WDW, you wake up there on your first day instead of getting a later start. Yay for leaving the night before!!! :party:

teambricker04
09-05-2007, 09:19 AM
A lot of people have been talking about Air Tran changing flights. I have never had this experience! I am glad you got the night before... so much easier that way!!!

We have about 2 months to go until our trip... lets see if Air Tran changes our flights! :)

martinfamily5
09-05-2007, 09:59 AM
We are also flying AirTran. So far, no flight change, however, when I booked our flight, flying out Friday night instead of our usual Saturday morning, saved us $600. So, we spent one more night on lodging, $185, but saved $600 on the flight and we will be there sooner.:number1:

mrs.jacksparrow
09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
UGH I have the reverse problem....Continental changed our flight home.
We were set to leave Disney at 8:45 pm home now the flight is 6:50 BOO HOO!
They are saying the 6:50 is now the last flight out for the day. :(

kdsjjb
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM
We had booked our air right along with our trip through Disney. (price was actually a little cheaper than faires at the time)
We got our documents, even had the hard tickets (Air Tran)in our hands. One day, by chance I was looking at our info on Disney website, and I noticed that the flight had been bumped up by TWO hours AND had an hour and twenty minute layover.
Checked SW and found that we could leave at 1 PM instead of 9PM, non stop flights to and fro, and save over $100.
Cancelled the air portion of the trip with Disney and booked SW. Added 1 day to our hoppers for $2.10 (?) so we could do 1/2 day in the parks, made an extra ADR.
All is beautiful with the world.