PDA

View Full Version : Okay Intercotees, please advise; need help planning

deva
09-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Hello all,

I haven't been to the park since 2003 & have never been with kids (its always been just me & my wife). Now we are taking 2 kids and a grandma, so there's 3 adults/2 kids.

We used to be fine staying at the All-Stars, but now we want something much bigger, 2 or 3 bedrooms with at least 2 bathrooms. A big suite would be nice. We also want a nice pool with some bells and whistles.

I'd like to stay on property, and have never stayed off property, but I'm looking for advice about both on & off.

We currently have a reservation for a 3-bedroom suite at the Nickelodeon Holiday Inn, and the place looks awesome, but its for over $400/night and obviously not a Disney hotel. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'd like to be on property, otherwise I'd like to spend less. Has anyone been to this hotel? It looks good online.

We haven't been to the parks since the old "Hopper Pass" days.

Well arrive late on a Friday, spend Saturday & Sunday in the parks, and leave early Monday.

I'm trying to figure out if the most affordable way to accomplish these objectives. I'm looking for relevant insight & experiences.

Please give me some great advice!

Deva

teambricker04
09-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Bringing the kids makes Disney amazing...so much different to see it through a little ones eyes!

Last winter we stayed at the All Stars Music in a family suite for about the same amount of time (We got in on a Sunday and left on a wed). We had one child and two grandmas. There are two bathrooms but only one bed room. Both the sofa and a chair pull out into beds. There isn't a full kitchen, just a kitchenette (Fridge, counterspace, paper plates and plasticwere) but we found it was perfect for us as we didn't do much there other than a nap in the afternoon and sleep at bed time.

They are two rooms converted into a "suite". THey aren't much on luxury, but we paid about 130 a night and still could stay up once the little one went to bed. I think it is a great option for a suite without the price tag.

Hope this helps!

allie_to_you
09-05-2007, 09:40 AM
My suggestion would be to check out Allstar Vacation Homes. You can check out their website and find something within just a couple miles from Disney. My family of 5 adults are going to Disney in February and we are renting a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo for about $1,200.00 (about $139.00 per night) in the Windsor Hills community. 2 of the bedrooms have king beds and the 3rd bedroom has twin beds. It also has a fully furnished kitchen, living room with sofa bed and flat panelled tv and large patio.

You can probably get a nice place in a hotel on property or maybe even off, but probably will end up paying much more. We got all that space for less than the price of a moderate on Disney property. Also, we got a big discount since we were staying 7 nights and had a discount code through Passporters.

kbean
09-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Check out the Liki Tiki Village resort. It's 7 miles away from disney, it has one or two bedroom condos w/ living and kitchen. And it has it's own water park for the guest.

deva
09-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Thank you so far.

My wife doesn't like the Disney All-Stars because the pool doesn't have enough bells and whistles.

The All Star Vacation homes requires 4 nights, and I'm only staying 3, but I'm thinking about paying for 4 as I'd still save a lot of money.

What is Passporters? Is it a book? Do I need to buy the book to get the code?

Thank you.

Septbride2002
09-05-2007, 10:13 AM
If you want to stay on property look at staying in either the Wilderness Lodge Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, or Boardwalk Villas. They all offer suites and while typically DVC resorts - you can still book to stay at those properties.

~Amanda

vamaggie
09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
You could also do 2 connecting rooms at a value or mod. This would give you 2 bathrooms and a room to hang out in once the kids go to bed.

allie_to_you
09-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Thank you so far.

My wife doesn't like the Disney All-Stars because the pool doesn't have enough bells and whistles.

The All Star Vacation homes requires 4 nights, and I'm only staying 3, but I'm thinking about paying for 4 as I'd still save a lot of money.

What is Passporters? Is it a book? Do I need to buy the book to get the code?

Thank you.

Yeah, you probably would save more money even if you paid for 4 nights.

Passporters is a book. There are several varieties, but it's basically just an all-you-need-to-know book about Disney and the parks. Its a great planning resource.

I think for the discount you have to be staying at least 5 nights, but still, the prices are great, especially if it's being split by several people.

Strmchsr
09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
You could also do 2 connecting rooms at a value or mod. This would give you 2 bathrooms and a room to hang out in once the kids go to bed.

That's usually the least expensive option and you get all the bells and whistles of being on property. You could also look into the Ft Wilderness Cabins.

OogieBoogieMan
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I sent you a private message regarding an option in which you might be interested.