PDA

View Full Version : How many meals???

KAT1811
09-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I was just thinking about our dining choices :eat: while we are in Disney and it occured to me that we often have 2 "meals" a day instead of three.

What I mean is we often do one table service meal (usually dinner), one counter service meal, and then sort of graze other than that. :mickey:

I've often felt (as I still so) that a Dole Whip or a Plaza ice cream cone :bar: qualifies as a meal. As well as popcorn, pretzles, french fries, popsicles, and the like. :popcorn:

What does everyone else do?

7 days, 9 hours, and 11 minutes to go!!!!!

:mickey3::minnie::mickey3::minnie:

cheshirecollector
09-04-2007, 11:27 PM
I couldn't vote - I do three meals with snacking (the meals are small).

snifflesmcg
09-04-2007, 11:31 PM
We basically do a CS lunch a TS dinner and some snacks along the way. Neither one of us are breakfast people (or morning people for that matter).

illini
09-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I voted for what the adults do. Two meals w/snacking. We usually have a snack sized breakfast, early CS lunch, and a TS dinner. Or sometimes a late breakie/brunch buffet and a TS dinner. The kids pretty much insist on 3 meals a day no matter what.

Jared
09-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Virtually every day, my family has a counter service lunch and a table service dinner. Breakfast usually consists of cereal or other goodies from the resort counter service place.

Snacks easily carry us between meals.

Medland
09-05-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm not much of a breakfast person, so if I have breakfast lunch usually is skipped or vice versa.

Natazu
09-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Outside of the F&WF months, we tend to have two meals and snacks. Our eating habits are different depending on the day during the F&WF trips. We eat way too much then.

martinfamily5
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
We usually have breakfast in our room. We do a grocery stop and buy milk, cereal and pop tarts. Then we have a late TS lunch and then just snacks. Sometimes when we get back to our resort we will grab a more substatial snack. A sandwhich or a wrap or something like that.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Usually an early lunch (11-12) and dinner around 7ish. The lunches on the meal plan are pretty big with dessert so that held me over to dinner. Of course now the DDP is without dinner appetizer, so I may need an extra snack. The DBF likes breakfast so I'm going to bring some mini muffins or vitamuffin tops (REALLY YUMMY 100 cal fiberific muffin tops) that will hold us over to lunch. There are a few snacks in between--you need a churro or ice cream bar. :-P And a drink at night :marg:

SBETigg
09-05-2007, 10:59 AM
We usually wake up late, grab a light snack, have a CS lunch, and then a late dinner, sometimes with extra snacks in between or sometimes not. So two meals with snacking is our MO.

r4kids
09-05-2007, 11:27 AM
breakfast- room
CS- lunch
TS- dinner

Unless we have a ressie for breakfast but usually it's dinner!!

princessM0m
09-05-2007, 11:54 AM
We usually do at least 2 meals, but not always 3, unless of course you count a Mickey ice cream bar early in the day as breakfast! I do, but only in WDW. My DD7 loves it.

MickeyandTink
09-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Usually an early lunch (11-12) and dinner around 7ish. The lunches on the meal plan are pretty big with dessert so that held me over to dinner. Of course now the DDP is without dinner appetizer, so I may need an extra snack. The DBF likes breakfast so I'm going to bring some mini muffins or vitamuffin tops (REALLY YUMMY 100 cal fiberific muffin tops) that will hold us over to lunch. There are a few snacks in between--you need a churro or ice cream bar. :-P And a drink at night :marg:

:ditto:

Disney Doll
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
If it's just DH and I we usually do 2 meals a day- lunch & dinner with plenty of snacking. If we've got kiddos along we eat 3 meals a day with less snacking.

Figgyluv03
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I tried figuring what we would eat on the DDP, and it looks like 2 meals a day (1 QS, 1 TS, and a snack is good for us) If we are hungy in the morning, a bagel with some cream cheese will be enough for us.

DessertDivaFL
09-05-2007, 01:43 PM
I usually do the opposite of the crowds because my autistic son has a problem with too many people and the noise level. We eat breakfast in our room (thank God for those little fridges), have a TS lunch and a CS dinner. The lunches are usually cheaper and we make that our main meal of the day.

MsMin
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Sometimes we eat 2 meals and a snack - that's what I selected but it depends - if we graze at a buffet we might not eat another big meal. Sometimes we share a turkey leg and some pretzels or something else on the lighter side not a full CS. The dining plan is too much food for us but we try to eat it :eat:
:D

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-05-2007, 03:44 PM
My kids and I MUST have some kind of breakfast. If we are creative with the snack credits, this can work for breakfast. DH can go without breakfast, but the rest of us get really grouchy when hungry!

IloveDisney71
09-05-2007, 08:25 PM
We usually grab a granola bar for a quick breakfast snack, counter service for lunch and table service for dinner. AND of course we snack in between. :mickey: I figure all the walking makes up for the extra goodies.

septembergirl
09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
My kids and I MUST have some kind of breakfast. If we are creative with the snack credits, this can work for breakfast. DH can go without breakfast, but the rest of us get really grouchy when hungry!

WE need breakfast as well - at least a bagel and fruit. I wish I could get away with having only a danish for breakfast but if I do that, I will crash in a matter of an hour. I guess it is a blood sugar issue:drama:. Anyway, I usually make my kids eat whatever I do just to be on the safe side. I think snacks work better as an afternoon refresher and I try not to waste it on anything that I don't find absolutely fabulous! I can't wait to try the Dole Whip Float for the first time in a couple of weeks!!!:papple:

Crow
09-05-2007, 09:44 PM
i put 2 w snacking. if u count :beer::marg:.
thats my problem w the dining plan. i usually only have coffee n something light in AM, a drink n some type of bar or banana for lunch then dinner. so the dining plan throws me off w so much food

tinksmom02
09-05-2007, 10:07 PM
We usually do 2 meals and snacks. We may have a TS breakfast and then an early CS dinner, or a CS breakfast and a TS dinner. Occasionally we eat lunch.

Personally, I can skip breakfast, but DD and DH like to have something filling, and DH likes to sit down to eat, so we usually end up using a CS for breakfast at the resort.

RAIDER
09-06-2007, 04:01 AM
If were in the parks we tend to have one big lunch and walk it off and snack the rest of the day :thumbsup:

EmmMOM2
09-06-2007, 06:43 AM
We will do a FEW breakfasts out but then just eat quick things...bagels, donuts, coffee that sort of thing. Lunch time we mostly just have snacks and then we always go out for dinner every night. We try to go to the park that we will be eating at that night at least for the 2nd half of the day since we do go back to our hotels in the afternoon for a siesta.

LoriMistress
09-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Last year, we had 2 meals and ate snacks throughout the day. This time, we'll be doing that, but on some days we'll do 3 meals a day (depending if we're doing a CM for breakfast.)

GrmGrninGost
09-06-2007, 08:21 PM
As a rule, we get a cinamon bun or something similar for breakfast, then CS lunch and TS dinner. It works out well for us! :mickey:

bigbabyblues
09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
We always have 3 meals a day at WDW. Always at least one table service, sometimes two. If it's two ts, we have an early character breakfast, counter service lunch, and a ts dinner.

We do two ts a day probably 3-4 days out of an 8 day trip. DH is wanting to try more places on our next trip, so we may add a couple more ts.

Mickey91
09-07-2007, 12:47 AM
We usually use our snack credit for breakfast and then eat at a CS for lunch and TS for dinner. :mickey:

BritCody
09-07-2007, 06:52 AM
T meals with snacking. The first meal time depends on if we are going to an early entry park that morning or not. If we are then we skip breakfast and grab an early lunch otherwise we grab a breakfast and skip lunch