PDA

View Full Version : Question on upgrading tickets

Tink&Goofy
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
I was planning to buy our tickets through AAA and save a few bucks. However, they only offer 5 day and 7 day hoppers. If I get the 7 day hoppers through AAA, can I upgrade them to a 9 day at the parks? Do they give credit for the what the 7 day goes for on the WDW site? If not, there would be no point - but if I could save $60 or $70 if I purchased thru AAA and then upgraded. Anyone done this???

Mufasa
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
As far as upgrading tickets goes- first, the upgrade must take place within 14 days of the base ticket's first use (including if the base ticket you purchased has the no-expiration option*).

With discounted tickets- the policy that I know has been in effect is that you are not penalized for the discount. What happens is they will issue an intermediate voucher at the current gate price for your base ticket and then you only pay the difference (plus tax) between that intermediate voucher at the current gate price and the ticket you are upgrading to.

*With admission media that you are looking to use at the park from a previous visit with the no-expire option, you can always use that to visit the parks that were open at the time that the original ticket was issued for entry into a park, or you would only get the value for which you actually paid which is applied to a new ticket (in that case your admission media is not brought up to the current gate price and you get exactly the value for which you originally paid).

Where upgrades can get confusing over the pricing is if you were to add some sort of entitlement to the base ticket- for example, you had a 3 day ticket and added 2 days and the no expiration option to that ticket- you would be charged and upgraded to the price for a full 5 day no expire ticket option, and not simply for the days you haven't used on the ticket (the entitlement which in this case the no expire option is applied back to all days in total and not the difference).