PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express to P/U rental car

spoiledraf
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Can you use Magical Express to get to the airport to P/U a rental car? We are driving down, but my cousin is coming with us and we are parting ways at the end of our stay and cousin is in need of a car. The best deal is at the airport but I hate to waste part of my last day in the parks to drive her all the way to the airport mid day and then back to the park again. Since we will be staying at the Boardwalk, we should be able to use the ME even though we are not flying in. As I see it, we are putting out just as much money as everyone else. But I'm sure that has little to do with any rules.

Piglet822
09-05-2007, 04:24 AM
It shouldn't be a prooblem, resort guests are entitle to use DME on the day of check in and again on check out day.

Just be sure to make a reservation the night before. You can do that with concierge or guest services at your resort.

spoiledraf
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Thank you for that info!

BigRedDad
09-06-2007, 04:43 AM
Not sure if this helps, but there is a rental car place right on or right next to WDW property. This may be an option instead of taking DME to MCO to get a rental car.

vamaggie
09-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Just be sure to make a reservation the night before. You can do that with concierge or guest services at your resort.

I thought you had to reserve DME 10 days before. Is this only for the inbound trip?

Piglet822
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I thought you had to reserve DME 10 days before. Is this only for the inbound trip?

Yes, inbound must be booked at least 10 days prior as you mention. This is in accordance with Disney's contract wuth MCO.
Outbound you can call the night before and make transportation arrangements.

spinnerf
09-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I think you can rent a car at the swan/dolphin, and Ive heard some rental companies will send a shuttle for you to pick up a car. Good luck

spoiledraf
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
For me, it would be convienience and I would take a local company. But my cousin got a deal that saved her over $100 bucks on the best deal I could find near property. It's a one way rental so it gets a little more pricey.

If anyone can find a better deal than $70 for four days dropping off a Tampa airport, chime right in. We leave Sept. 21. 17 hour drive straight through from Ohio.