PDA

View Full Version : Bad idea to go Easter?

disney323
09-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I just realized that Easter Sunday is very early this year, March 23rd, which just happens to be my birthday :party:. I would LOVE to be in Disney for my birthday and for Easter as well. I hear it's very crowded during Easter. Do you think it will be as crowded with it being so early? It would be so special to celebrate my birthday and Easter there, I really want to go!

faline
09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Personally, I'd avoid Easter week at Disney World. It promises to be crowded regardless of being early.

If you decide to go, be prepared to have lots of company.

vamaggie
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Never been in the spring break/Easter time but from what I have read it is very crowded from about President's Day in Feb through April. With Easter being so early this year I think it will be even more crowded since 1) most Universities have spring break in March and 2) most elem/high schools have break for Easter so Easter may be REALLY crowded. I think if I were you I would skip Easter/bday at WDW and plan a trip for a less busy time (plus if you don't go at your bday, you can let everyone know you are planning a trip and maybe they will contribute cash to help you pay for it! :party:)

disney323
09-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I think we'll avoid it. :pout: I will start thinking of next fall maybe. It was exciting while it lasted. Thanks for your replies!

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't think Easter being early or late would have anything to do with attendence. Schools that have off for Easter will be off for the holiday regardless of wether the holiday is early or late. I think if you've been plenty of times before and know you will return plenty more then go for it. You can just decide ahead of time that you are going to go to enjoy being there for your birthday and Easter and not stress about the huge crowds. We're going for Thanksgiving and while I know it will be crowded, I know that I'll eventually be back at a slower time. I am just going to enjoy this trip with the crowds and all!!!

brogan54
09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
done it and won't do it again it was way too busy and the lines were crazy:(

tinksmom02
09-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Our district, actually, doesn't have an Easter break, we get off for Good Friday only, and then we get a spring recess for the week of April 21.

How are the crowds mid-april, when Easter is in March?? :blush: :secret:

Christine
09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
We have flights booked for Easter week. It is our school's spring break as well. After the trouble we had pulling DD 7 out of school last year for trips, I don't dare this year.

Guess we'll just keep our chins up and grin and bear it!

Tink&Goofy
09-04-2007, 10:26 PM
We have flights booked for Easter week. It is our school's spring break as well.

Ditto. The kids can't afford to miss school, so it has to be during their breaks. DH says he can handle the crowds better than the heat (we went in August last time! :whew:).

We should plan an Intercot meet for that week! We can't be the only crazy ones going then! Cantgetenuff - where are you staying? We are at AKV starting Easter for a few days, then move to BWV for the remainder! Anyone else going to be there the week of Easter??

Christine
09-04-2007, 10:29 PM
We should plan an Intercot meet for that week! We can't be the only crazy ones going then! Cantgetenuff - where are you staying? We are at AKV starting Easter for a few days, then move to BWV for the remainder! Anyone else going to be there the week of Easter??

We haven't booked a hotel yet. Most likely will be at POFQ. We are going Tuesday March 18-Tuesday March 25. I would love to get a meet together! We'll have to start a thread in the meets forum soon!

RockChalkKimball
09-04-2007, 10:33 PM
We have gone several times during our spring break. One week, that was the week leading up to Easter. We didn't think it was any worse than the other spring break weeks. Crowds are relative. With the promotions that Disney is offering, I think it is hard to find off times anymore.

sainter
09-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Tinksmom02, I actually think that later in April might be a pretty good time to go this year!! Our high school always is off the week after Easter , but the state colleges are usually off for a week in March. This year they are off the same week.