PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits September 2007

Figment!
09-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Tidbits
September 2007

A Mitsukoshi Metamorphosis

9/28/07 Mitsukoshi has released the following descriptions and partial menus for their two re-imagined dining locations to re-open in Epcot in Mid-October.
Teppan Edo

Mitsukoshi proudly presents Teppan Edo, where the spirit of Japanese cusine is demonstrated through the culinary feats of the Teppan Chefs, reflecting the vivacious festivity of the Edo period, which began in 1603. Guests will enjoy a dining experience featuring Teppan-yaki style cuisine and time-honored Japanese hospitality in an atmosphere of traditional majesty.

Menu Selections

Appetiszers...From $3.00
Sushi Selections ..From $7.50
Single Entrees..From $16.00
Combination Entrees...From $24.00
Edo Selections (Courses)...From $59.00
Kid's Meals...From $9.50

Beverage Selections

Premium Sake (Glass)...From $4.00
Premium Sake (Bottle)...$18.50
Sake Cocktails...From $7.50
Specialty Drinks...From $7.50
Kirin Beer...From $4.75
Premium Wine (Glass)...From $4.50
Premium Wine(Bottle)...From $23.00

Tokyo Dining

In Tokyo Dining, Mitsukoshi showcases traditional Japanese cusine and ingredients with modern innovative presentations. In an elegant and modern setting accompanied by authentic hospitality with sincerity, Guests will enjoy the harmonious union of a traditional food culture dating back to the Edo period and the ingenuous spirt of modern Tokyo.

Menu Selections

Appetizers...From $3.00
Sushi a la carte...From $3.00
Sushi Combination...From $8.00
Single Entrees...From $16.00
Combination Entrees...From $14.50
Tokyo selections (Appeitizers)...From $7.50
Kid's Meals...From $9.50

Beverage Selections

Premium Sake (Glass)...From $4.00
Premium Sake (Bottle)...$18.50
Sake Cocktails...From $7.50
Specialty Drinks...From $7.50
Kirin Beer...From $4.75
Premium Wine (Glass)...From $4.50
Premium Wine(Bottle)...From $23.00Please notice the new space, Advierta por favor los nuevos espacio

9/28/07Monorail Pink has now been installed with the new compartment arrangement. Monorail Blue is reportedly in process.

9/10/07 The previous test period was apparently deemed a success. The new compartment arrangement has remained on Monorail Lime and was recently installed on Monorail Gold. The new arrangement is expected to to be expanded to the entire fleet.

5/10/07 In an attempt to increase monorail capacity, Monorail Lime is testing a new prototype compartment arrangement. During a two week trial, Monorail Lime will feature 4 stand-alone leaning poles in the center of each car. This configuration replaces the central island with attached poles. During the trial period, Monorail Lime will be operating on the Express Loop.

A New Taste of Italy

9/23/07 Advanced Dining Reservations are now being accepted.

Additionally, the Walt Disney World resort has made the following internal announcement regarding the new location and it's offerings:

Casually-elegant restaurant which features freshly made breads and pastries, handmade mozzarella and pasta, and regional specialties from all over Italy. Its warm, hospitable atmosphere and staff accentuate a classic Italian experience in an open, airy space.

HOURS:
Lunch - 11:30pm to 4:00pm
Dinner - 4:30pm to varies with park closing

MENU:
(menu subject to change without notice)

Appetizers: Lunch $9.00 - $24.00 / Dinner $12.00 - $29.00
Proscuitto di Parma, Eggplant Caponata, Pasta E Fagioli Soup, Ceasar Salad

Lunch Entrees: $15.00 - $40.00
Lasagne "Al Forno", Penne Caprese, Fish Filet, Chicken Cutlet Milanese, Tagliatelle Egg Pasta

Dinner Entrees: $24.00 - $59.00
Lasagne "Al Forno", Penne Caprese, Fish Filet, Chicken Cutlet Milanese, Tagliatelle Egg Pasta, Bucattini Pasta, Fennel-Roasted Loin of Pork

Desserts: $8.00 - $12.00
Mocha Tiramisu, Cannoli, Cinnamon Ricotta Cheese Cake, Sorbetti and house-made Gelati

Kid's Meals: $6.00 - $9.00
Pizzetta, Panino Sandwich, Spaghetti, Penne Pasta

DISCOUNTS:

Disney's Dining Experience 20% discount on ALL Food & Beverage for members & up to 10 Guests. DDE Discount not available on Holidays.

Seasonal / Annual / Premium Passholders10% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) Monday through Friday during lunch, for Passholder and up to 3 Guests. Valid thru 12/31/07.

This restuarant is located in the Italy Pavilion in the space formally occupied by L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante.
The Famliy Package is called the Family Table and is $59 (Guests 10 and Up) and $18.50 (Guests 3-9) for Dinner and $39.95 (Guests 10 and Up) and $14.95 (Guests 3-9)for Lunch. The package is described as "served on platters family style for the whole table Includes: choice of one appetizer, two entrees, and dessert".

9/21/07 According to recent Guest reports, Tutto Italia opened on schedule--September 17, 2007. The new location is reportedly not currently taking taking Advanced Dining Reservations, but is participating in the Disney Dining Plan. The current menu reportedly features a Family Package and items ala carte.

A Family (1900 Park) Afare

9/21/07 1900 Park Fare reportedly re-opened from its rehab ahead of schedule-- September 16, 2007. In addition to a freshly refurbished Dining room, the location now features a Dinner as well. The new character Dinner, Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner, features the new character line-up of Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anatasia and Drizella. It has yet to be confirmed if the new Dinner features a new menu or the same one from Cinderella's Gala Feast.

Figment!
09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
A Royal Raise

9/19/07 Dining Cast have reported that the Holiday Seating prices at Cinderella's Royal Table will also be in effect during the Easter and Summer Holiday time periods. Starting in 2008, Cinderella's Royal Table will charge a "Holiday Premium" price for meals March 16th through March 29th and May 25th through July 5th in addition to the previously announced periods.

Although other character meals previously followed suite instituting the same Fall/Winter periods of Holiday Premium Pricing as Cinderella's Royal Table, it is currently unknown if the same will happen for these Spring/Summer periods.
6/22/07 Dining Cast have reported that Cinderella's Royal Table will raises prices Late Fall 2007 and will institute special Holiday Seating prices.

Starting November 11, 2007 Breakfast seating prices will be raised to $32.99 per Adult and $22.99 per Child; Lunch seating prices will be raised to $35.99 per Adult and $23.99 per Child; and Dinner seating prices will be raised to $40.99 per Adult and $25.99 per Child.

Also starting in November 2007, Cinderella's Royal Table will charge a "Holiday Premium" price for meals November 18th through November 24th and December 16th through January 5th. During the Holiday period Breakfast seating prices will be $36.99 per Adult and $24.99 per Child, Lunch seating prices will be $39.99 per Adult and $25.99 per Child; and Dinner seating prices will be $44.99 per Adult and $27.99 per Child.

More After Hour Magic in the Kingdom

9/16/07 The Magic Kingdom park has begun to advertise the return of the Pirate and Princess Parties in 2008. Although dates and the number of parities have yet to be announced, the park is publishing advertisements for its return in this year's Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party Guide Maps.

Dramatic Changes

9/16/07 Construction walls have gone up around the ABC Theater to start the previously filed work. Studios Cast are still reportedly in the dark as to what the refurbishment is for or how long it will last, but they are reporting that it is for a future attraction. The demolition at the Backlot Theater will apparently be done in time for the 2008 Night of Joy. It has been internally announced that the Backlot Theater will be one of the stage locations for the annual event when it moves to the Studios (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115525).

9/4/07 Two former Studios Theater venues appear to be in-line for extensive renovations. Demolition permits have been filed for the dormant Backlot Theater location to remove the stage, show sets and some electrical infrastructure. Permits have also been filed for the seldom used ABC Theater location. The description of work includes replacement of carpeting, doors, lighting equipment, and exterior design. The overall intent of neither project is currently clear.

Meet and Argh?

9/14/07 Character Cast have reported that the Jack Sparrow Test Meet and Greet has been scheduled. The Test Meet and Greet is currently scheduled for September 16-20, 23-25 & 29, 2007. The Test Meet and Greet is planned to be held in the Adventureland Veranda location intermittently from 10:00 am till 6:00 pm daily during the test dates.

9/10/07 Character Cast have reported that the Magic Kingdom is preparing to test a Jack Sparrow Meet and Greet in Adventureland during regular park hours. While few details are available at this time, the test period is expected to start sometime this month.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Two

9/11/07 The Cinderella Castle location of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique opened on schedule on 9/10/07. The new location's initial operating hours are 8:00am till 7:00pm daily, although special events may alter the hours. The price increases reported by Reservation Cast have been confirmed. Prices (not included tax) have increased to $44.95 for the Coach Package, $49.95 for the Crown Package, and $179.95 and up for the Castle package. The Cool Dude package remains undchanged at $10.

A Castle Christmas

9/11/07 The Magic Kingdom park has internally announced that the Cinderella Castle Christmas Overlay is scheduled to start on-site preparation today (9/11), including the arrival of the crane on-site. The announcment further clarified that the crane work is tentatively scheduled to end Late October, although the overlay work (sans the crane) may continue up-to the debut in Mid-November. It has also been clarified that the use of the crane during regular park house is scheduled to be restricted to morning hours only

Carousel of Surprise

9/10/07Carousel of Progress has become the latest in a line of attractions (including Mission:Space and Body Wars) to participate in the Surprise FastPass program. Currently, Guests who obtain a FastPass for Space Mountain, Buzzlightyear's Space Ranger Spin or Stitch's Great Escape may receive an additional Surprise FastPass for the Carousel of Progress.

Figment!
09-04-2007, 06:34 PM
A Half-Way Holiday

9/10/07 Raglan Road has announced that it will be conducting a "Half Way to St. Paddy's Day" celebration from 5 pm till Close September 14 & 15, 2007. The planned entertainment includes Champion Irish dancer Danielle Fitzpatrick and U2 Tribute Band "Elevation".

Reflections of Upgrades

9/7/07 Epcot Cast have reported that the Earth Globe rehab has now been indefinitely delayed, although plans for the refurbishment and subcontractor contracts are still in place.

9/4/07 Epcot Cast are reporting that the Illuminations Earth Globe is tentatively planned to be taken down for refurbishment prior to the end of this calender week. The refurbishment is currently expected to last 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. As previously reported, alternative sequences and effects are planned for the show during any down-time of the Earth Globe feature.

7/3/07 The continually delayed upgrades to the Illumination Earth Globe may finally be on their way. Epcot Cast have reported that the Globe is scheduled for rehab Late Summer/Early Fall 2007. Considering the past delays in the work, despite an announcement from the then Vice-President of the park, it seems time will tell if it is actually completed this time around.

2/1/07 Brad Rex has confirmed that the Illumination Earth Globe is indeed scheduled for a major overhaul. Although confirming the plans for the upgrade, he did not reveal a timetable for it.

Room Reshuffling

9/4/07 Character Cast have reported that the Toontown Hall of Fame is currently (and has recently been) operating at a limited capacity of 2 rooms, while the third is undergoing refurbishment. During the refurbishment, some characters have been displaced while others have moved to an alternative room. Re-assignments have so-far seemed to change on a daily basis, so Guests are recommended to check with Guest Services the day-of to find a character normally appearing in the Towntown Hall of Fame. The goal of the refurbishment has not been internally announced, although some Cast have reported that it is to create a second dedicated Princess Room.

crazy4disneyworld
09-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks again for the update, Figment!:thumbsup:

Ian
09-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Help me out here ... I know I should know this already, but where/what is the "Backlot Theater"??

Figment!
09-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Help me out here ... I know I should know this already, but where/what is the "Backlot Theater"??Where Pocahontas and Hunchback shows used to be.

It is currently enclosed by some of the San Fransisco facades on the Streets of America.

Dawneeeey
09-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the updates Figment!

:figment:

Caroleh
09-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the updates, Jason!!!! :thumbsup:

vizsla
09-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the updates.

markb
09-05-2007, 06:31 AM
They've been talking about the Illuminations Earth Globe refurbishment for so long I keep forgetting it hasn't been done already lol

pdrlkr
09-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the update Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

readytogo2
09-05-2007, 12:46 PM
great info as always

WeLuvBuzz
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Skip the remodel and just bring back the hunchback show. I only saw it once, but from what I remember it was much better then BNB and LM that are still around.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Where Pocahontas and Hunchback shows used to be.

It is currently enclosed by some of the San Fransisco facades on the Streets of America.

isn't the rumor stating that HSM will get a stage back there to put on their shows, and that a new show is being developed for the ABC Theater, but it is currently being held secret for now???

Dudeman
09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Thank you as always for the great information.:mickey:

Crow
09-05-2007, 08:53 PM
i remember the Hunchback show. not too bad.
Illuminations is my fav show, so i hope its up to par when im there in a few wks
thanks

like2workout
09-06-2007, 08:57 AM
i agree to bring back the hunchback show!!!! it's the best show i've ever seen at disney, and they are all great!

Red Randal
09-06-2007, 01:24 PM
While we're on it. What's the ABC Theater? Was that the place where they used to do that show where people could pretend to be in classic TV shows? (This was like 15 years ago, but I know I always wanted to do it...despite being 7.)

The current Sounds Dangerous theater is where they used to do the Monster Sound show, right? So it's not that one. The one where they used to do the Doug show is now the Playhouse Disney place, right?

I never realized how confusing all those Studios theaters are.

Figment78
09-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I agree with the previous posters about the Hunchback show. Bring it back!!! In fact, I was just talking to my sister about it this morning. We LOVED that show - it was so amazing - the music from Hunchback was beautiful and it's such a great story. I recently read in an old book at they at one point planned to put a Hercules stage show there but never did. That would have been a fantastic show also, as the music from Hercules really lends itself to live performances.

FriendsofMickey
09-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Not to be repetitive :blush:, but I agree to bring back Hunchback! I was so dissapointed that my girls never got to see it. They would have loved it!

TheRustyScupper
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
. . . Where Pocahontas and Hunchback shows used to be . . .

1) I hope they put up another theater.
2) The Studios could sure use another live performance.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2007, 06:34 PM
While we're on it. What's the ABC Theater? Was that the place where they used to do that show where people could pretend to be in classic TV shows? (This was like 15 years ago, but I know I always wanted to do it...despite being 7.)

The current Sounds Dangerous theater is where they used to do the Monster Sound show, right? So it's not that one. The one where they used to do the Doug show is now the Playhouse Disney place, right?

I never realized how confusing all those Studios theaters are.

The ABC Theater is the theater where Superstar Television was once housed....

Figment!
09-10-2007, 01:10 PM
**Update**

January-2007
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Carousel of Progress has become the latest in a line of attractions (including Mission:Space and Body Wars) to participate in the Surprise FastPass program. Currently, Guests who obtain a FastPass for Space Mountain, Buzzlightyear's Space Ranger Spin or Stitch's Great Escape may receive an additional Surprise FastPass for the Carousel of Progress.

Body Wars? That can't be right....

How do you use a FastPass for an attraction that doesn't have a FastPass line, anyway?

Scar
09-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Carousel of Progress has become the latest in a line of attractions (including Mission:Space and Body Wars) to participate in the Surprise FastPass program.What is the point of this? I don't believe I have ever had to wait any longer than the next show, at least in the last 20 years. And Body Wars? So if I get one of these do I get to use it?

Figment!
09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Body Wars? That can't be right....
And Body Wars? So if I get one of these do I get to use it?In December of 2003 the Mission:Space FastPass kiosks gave out Surprise FastPasses for Body Wars while the Wonder of Life pavilion was operating during the 2003 Holiday Season. The Surprise FastPasses ended when the Wonders of Life pavilion went back to being dormant.

How do you use a FastPass for an attraction that doesn't have a FastPass line, anyway?The pass essentially serves as a front-of-the-line pass since there is not a dedicated FastPass Return Queue.

January-2007
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks!

Ian
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Carousel of Surprise
9/10/07 Carousel of Progress has become the latest in a line of attractions (including Mission:Space and Body Wars) to participate in the Surprise FastPass program. Currently, Guests who obtain a FastPass for Space Mountain, Buzzlightyear's Space Ranger Spin or Stitch's Great Escape may receive an additional Surprise FastPass for the Carousel of Progress.

Meet and Argh?

9/10/07 Character Cast have reported that the Magic Kingdom is preparing to test a Jack Sparrow Meet and Greet in Adventureland during regular park hours. While few details are available at this time, the test period is expected to start sometime this month.I'm confused ... why would they issue Fastpasses to an attraction that is always a walk-on? And has no Fastpass?

They must be trying desperately to drive traffic CoP's way.

Also, haven't they had a Jack Sparrow meet-n-greet for months now? I know I've seen him out in Caribbean Plaza a bunch of times.

Red Randal
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
In December of 2003 the Mission:Space FastPass kiosks gave out Surprise FastPasses for Body Wars while the Wonder of Life pavilion was operating during the 2003 Holiday Season. The Surprise FastPasses ended when the Wonders of Life pavilion went back to being dormant.

I'm pretty sure that this was operating in May of 2004 when I was at Epcot because I distinctly remember first laughing at the surprise FastPass for Body Wars and then laughing harder when I never ended up using it.

Also, FastPass for the Carousel of Progess might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

Figment!
09-10-2007, 03:55 PM
They must be trying desperately to drive traffic CoP's way.Pretty much.

Also, haven't they had a Jack Sparrow meet-n-greet for months now? I know I've seen him out in Caribbean Plaza a bunch of times.Street Show, but not a Meet and Greet. Jack Sparrow is not available for photos, autographs or the like before or after the Street Show.

The only time there has been a Meet and Greet has been during the Pirate & Princess Parties. Likely based on the average 30 minute lines during the parties, park management has decided to try it out during regular park hours. It should be of-note to see what happens to the Street Show during this test period.

I'm pretty sure that this was operating in May of 2004 when I was at Epcot because I distinctly remember first laughing at the surprise FastPass for Body Wars and then laughing harder when I never ended up using it.Quite probable. I seem to recall it coming back once more, but wasn't sure of a date.

Iluvpooh
09-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Any idea wgen all 3 rooms at Toontown will be back open. The wait is soooo long with 3 I can't imagine how long with only 2. We will be there in 6 weeks. I hope they are all open then. It would be great if there was a 2nd princess room.

tinksmom02
09-10-2007, 11:17 PM
"Meet and Argh?

9/10/07 Character Cast have reported that the Magic Kingdom is preparing to test a Jack Sparrow Meet and Greet in Adventureland during regular park hours. While few details are available at this time, the test period is expected to start sometime this month."

OMG!! Thanks for this! DD5 will have a fit if she gets to actually MEET Cpt Jack!
Will keep it to myself, though, just in case it doesn't happen while we're there...:secret: thanks, jason!

vizsla
09-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the updates.

Crow
09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
thanks
never would think that a fastpass for COP would b necessary..
RR halfway to St Paddies....happens the week before i get there, but Ill still celebrate when i get to RR:beer:

Figment!
09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
**Update**

mcjaco
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
A Half-Way Holiday

9/10/07 Raglan Road has announced that it will be conducting a "Half Way to St. Paddy's Day" celebration from 5 pm till Close September 14 & 15, 2007. The planned entertainment includes Champion Irish dancer Danielle Fitzpatrick and U2 Tribute Band "Elevation".

My buddy is Elevation's manager. If you're a U2 fan, this band is a must see. And eat some Irish corndogs for me please. :D

DisneyDudet
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
I am pretty furious about the crane being up while I am there, and while a bunch of us Intercotees will be there. I hope that they will be able to move the crane so it is possible to get some pictures without it. I hope it isn't in the way all the time.

I guess it will make my dad happy, since he says I take too many pictures of it anyway. I'll have to take a million of SSE!

brownie
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the update.

Figment!
09-14-2007, 01:38 PM
**Update**

tinksmom02
09-14-2007, 08:27 PM
SO excited about the (tentative) Jack Sparrow meet and greet! BUT...does this mean they won't be doing the pirate tutorial during these dates? Or do you think the m&G would be after the tutorial?

Suz36
09-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I got to meet Captain Jack at WOD NY this summer, and it was so much fun! This will be such a great addition to MK!

magicofdisney
09-15-2007, 03:46 PM
I got to see the CoP Fastpass in action on Friday (9/14). There's a separate line. When the room is ready to load, they allow the Fastpass individuals to go in and select their seating first.

When we were at Disney last Monday (9/10), we did CoP and had the old seats. This Friday, we were in a room with the new seats and new carpet. It was really nice. :thumbsup: I wonder when all 6 rooms will be completely renovated.

MPoppins
09-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Anyone hear any rumors about the Pirate and Princess Party being offered in early 2008? With all of the Mardi Gras revelers :clown: heading to WDW, a party or two in February could be a lot of fun!:pirate::princess: Thanks!

Figment!
09-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Anyone hear any rumors about the Pirate and Princess Party being offered in early 2008? Dates aren't known, but it has now been announced to return in 2008.

See the recent update just added for details.

vizsla
09-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the updates.

Disneyatic
09-16-2007, 06:12 PM
We were there last week and got the surprise fastpass for the CoP when we fastpassed Buzz, the room we were put in smelled MUCH better than the other rooms :)

Dsnygirl
09-17-2007, 05:01 AM
:mickey: Thanks Jason!! I'm sure hoping that the Jack Sparrow Meet & Greet becomes the real thing by October -- I'd love to experience that when we go down!! And the P&P parties returning in 2008 -- that'd be GREAT!! My girls would LOVE it... sure hope it happens!! :thumbsup:

4ubie1
09-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks Jason! It is always nice to hear what is going on in the World!:D

Figment!
09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
**Update**

GrumpyFan
09-19-2007, 04:34 PM
9/19/07 Dining Cast have reported that the Holiday Seating prices at Cinderella's Royal Table will also be in effect during the Easter and Summer Holiday time periods. Starting in 2008, Cinderella's Royal Table will charge a "Holiday Premium" price for meals March 16th through March 29th and May 25th through July 5th in addition to the previously announced periods.

Although other character meals previously followed suite instituting the same Fall/Winter periods of Holiday Premium Pricing as Cinderella's Royal Table, it is currently unknown if the same will happen for these Spring/Summer periods.

As if it wasn't already over-priced, and under-valued! The holiday and now extension of this into other holdays make this an "elite" event. It was already difficult to get in to due to the demand, but now with the premium pricing it's just getting rediculous. I know this is one of those "must dos" for little Princess' but at the prices they's going to be charging, you'll need to be royalty to afford it.

It makes me glad DW and I were able to have a nice romantic anniversay dinner there a couple of years ago, before it Princesses all day and before the outrageous pricing. I don't guess we'll be doing that again anytime soon.

KylesMom
09-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the updates, Jason. All great information!

GrumpyFan, I SO totally agree with you. I think stretching the holidays is pushing it too far, but to carry over premium pricing from May through July 5 is absolutely over the top. I'll say this much - if they take it one step further and instill premium pricing for all character meals, we will be cutting WAY back on them! I'd keep Garden Grill & perhaps Chef Mickey's (tradition), but that's about it. :(

It makes me glad DW and I were able to have a nice romantic anniversay dinner there a couple of years ago, before it Princesses all day and before the outrageous pricing. I don't guess we'll be doing that again anytime soon.

Yes, DH and I had a wonderful Anniversary Dinner at the Castle several years ago, :mickey:receiving toasting glasses, a decorated table and a card - but after a disastrous birthday celebration (mine) about 2 1/2 years ago, we decided it was no longer worth the price we paid for dinner to revisit the establishment. I absolutely cannot imagine laying out $135 for a so-so dinner - without a bottle of wine!

dolphinmickey9170
09-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks Jason. Hopefully someone can tell me about 1900, as we are having dinner there in December!

Figment!
09-23-2007, 02:35 PM
**Update**

Iluvpooh
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow-That is pretty expensive for Italian Food. At first when I looked at the $60 family meal, I though that was for the entire table, but after rereading, I realized that was per person!!

I saw that this is going to be a Dining Plan restaurant. Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2 credits? I figure the cost of it would make it 2, but that it might be 1 to let people try it out before the 2008 plan and then jump it to 2.

Thanks for the update.

Figment!
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2 credits? Currently, it is 1 Table Service Credit per Guest.

Spaceship Tigger
09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
SO excited about the (tentative) Jack Sparrow meet and greet! BUT...does this mean they won't be doing the pirate tutorial during these dates? Or do you think the m&G would be after the tutorial?

Late last week we were watching the Pirate Tutorial with Captain Jack and left while it was still going on. Right around the corner was the Jack Sparrow meet and greet, which was supposedly going on right then inside the building. I thought that it was a little weird that he would be in two places at once.

Figment!
09-28-2007, 07:41 PM
**Update**