PDA

View Full Version : American Girl doll clothes

Tinkerkel
09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
DD9 will be getting an American Girl doll from her grandparents for her 10th b-day. Is there anywhere in the parks or DTD to purchase clothes for this size doll? I sort of remember seeing something last year in October, but I can't remember if it was just an outfit or a doll with a :mickey2: t-shirt & mouse ears. Has anybody seen anything like this?

illini
09-05-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't recall seeing anything in DTD, but they did have 18" dolls and clothes in the toy store in Germany. I recall them being quite pricey... as in they made AG clothes look like a bargain.

I hope they do carry them at DTD. That would be a great souvenir for my DDs!

JCDarzi
09-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Isn't the My Disney Girl doll the same size as the American Girl dolls? I don't have either but they look the same size to me. If they are the same...I remember seeing the My Disney Girl dolls in princess dresses at the World of Disney Princess section in DTD. I can't remember if there were outfits or just the dolls. It would make sense to sell the outfits there too.

illini
09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
I was intrigued as I hadn't seen the My Girl Disney doll, so I looked online. I figured Disney wouldn't hesitate to cash in on the AG craze, and they did indeed. They're the same size.

Thanks for the scoop on that, JCDarzi!

kakn7294
09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
My Disney Girl dolls definately are the same size as American Girl dolls. They have a few different outfits - mostly princesses (I specifically remember Jasmine) and they are available at various stores throughout the parks and DTD (Once Upon a Toy is one - I'm sure WOD is another). I think they run about $25 per outfit which is pretty much right in line with the "real" American Girl gear. I know of those dolls in Germany too - they are beautiful but I would think that those ones are not a plaything at $200+ a doll.

Gottaluvgoof
09-05-2007, 09:17 AM
My DD,12, bought one of the dolls in Germany last August. They are pricey but she really cherishes that doll. The lady there makes them specifically to your requests. I have to say, I think the clothes were half the cost of the doll though. I believe she paid like $135.00.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I remember the doll clothes in Germany being just gorgeous. I think they had a Snow White dress (this was like 5 years ago) that I really wanted to buy for my cabbage patch doll (which is my most prized and beloved possesion--still at 22 and I don't think she will be usurped any time soon) but it was so much money. It was so beautiful though.

princessM0m
09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Last December we bought the clothes in the Emporium at MK. I'm sure we saw them in several places but there didn't seem to be half the MDG doll merchandise as there had been our on our previous trips. My DD has both a MDG doll and an AG doll. The clothes are interchangeable.

merlinmagic4
09-11-2007, 12:17 PM
My daughter's American Girl Emily is wearing a Minnie Mouse dress right now! We bought it at the World of Disney store in DD.