PDA

View Full Version : Best all star hotel

Disneymadmummyuk
09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Hello all, I`m planning a trip to Disney at Christmas time with my family.
We visited last September and stayed at the pop century but fancied a change this time round.
I have spoken to a few of my friends here in the uk who have stayed at other hotels and 1 of those suggested the disney all star sports and my children love sports.
Could anybody tell me if this is the best of the 3.:confused:

disneydeb
09-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Welcome to Intercot!
The all-star resorts are all pretty much the same except for theming. This October will be our fourth trip there. We have stayed in the football (American version), baseball and tennis sections so far.
If your children are into sports they will love the larger than life icons on grounds. The reason we find ourselves staying there so often is my children were into basketball and softball big time. Now this October I was staying at Pop but Wendy at Magical Journeys found a great deal for me if I went to All-Star Sports. I just traded a value resort for a value resort and ended up saving over $500.00. There is not THAT much difference in Pop and All Star Sports for me so I'll be at All- Star once again.
Sorry I ramble----- no there is not much difference in All-Star resorts. Movies celebrates Disney movies and Music celebrates music. That's about all the difference I can tell.
There is no soccer icon. Sorry, if your children are into that sport.

Goofeygal
09-04-2007, 06:10 PM
The other good thing about the All Star Sports is that at the times of the day when all of the all starts share a bus sports is the first pick up.:mickey:

brownie
09-05-2007, 09:42 AM
I believe the food court at All Star Movies is bigger than the food courts at Sports or Music. Other than that, the only difference is really the theming. We really like to stay at Movies, but we've always had a car so we didn't use Disney transportation.

KevGuy
09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
My vote is for All Star Movies, best theming of them all IMO! :thumbsup:

c&d
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
My vote is for All Star Movies, best theming of them all IMO! :thumbsup:

:ditto: When we stayed at Sports it was really noisy. Movies was much quieter.

anewvision
09-06-2007, 01:47 PM
ALL STAR MUSIC is my vote.
Gaston makes the best margaritas

crazypoohbear
09-06-2007, 04:42 PM
I just returned from a 7 night trip to All Star movies. I was totally un impressed with this hotel. the first night my room smelled like smoke. alot of smoke. I complained the following morning and was told it would be cleaned and air purfied. I dont' know that this happened. It still smelled. every night I would get a nose bleed, I told a few people at the front desk and they said "we try to inforce the non smoking but what can we do"
I pointed out people smoking to different cast members and they told me that I should go to the lobby and tell someone. Hello, it's their job to take care if this is what the front desk told me.
I stayed at POP last year and it was much more enoyable.

Jasper
09-06-2007, 05:39 PM
We have stayed at all of the All Stars multiple times and have found them to be all about the same. As others have already pointed out the services offered and the layout is very similar across all of the All Stars. I really would select one based on the theming you like the best.

As for the comments others have made about staff slip ups at one or another or about guest issues at one or another I can assure you that this happens from time to time at all of the Disney resorts regardless of whether you are staying at a value or a deluxe. It really all depends on who the cast members are that are on duty at the time and what kind of other guests are staying there at the time. I won't go into the details, but the VERY WORST customer service we have ever had came not at one of the All Stars but at the Contemporary!(We did have amends made that were satisfactory after we returned home.) So unfortunately it does happen at all of them.

Hope you have fun!

LudwigVonDrake
09-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Of the All-Stars, I prefer the theming of Movies :smickey: