PDA

View Full Version : SWA - Can I borrow your crystal ball?

WDWFanatic
09-04-2007, 04:46 PM
We are going to WDW Nov. 10-17 MHT-MCO, on SWA...Here's the problem...

We can get a flight home no problem, but getting there is a little more difficult. The flight we want will only allow one ticket to be purchased at the $99 price. Each leg is $99 right now. We need 12 tickets.

Using your crystal ball, do you think the price will still come down? For this same time last year we paid $135/rt, which I know is a GREAT price, $218 isn't bad, but I can't really us a credit, no other plans to travel.

Would you:

A. buy all the return tickets, then hope we can buy one ticket a day for Nov.10 and be happy with the price,

OR B. hold out a little longer hoping for more seats to open up, and at a better price?

I know that Nov. 10 is a holiday weekend so it could be a little tougher to get.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

mudpuppysmom
09-04-2007, 05:00 PM
If it were ME, I'm a bit of a risk taker with the airfare.....I usually say it won't go up, so I can afford to wait, so I'd wait a LITTLE bit longer.....maybe another week or 10 days then buy them for whatever they are at the time and hope they didn't go up!

dephenn
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I jumped on the first internet special price I could get and paid 104 per person each way for just about the same days for four, leaving mother in-law home this time. I've been checking the fares on SW every day and so far the on ding fares were for Monday-Thursday flights only for that week, flying out of PVD. I have to jump on the first deal I can afford then I can relax knowing we'll get there and back. If your the type that can take a risk then wait and best of luck.

BigRedDad
09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
If I read this correctly, you need 12 r/t tickets or 12 one-way tickets? If it is 12 rt tix, I would book them now and deal with credits. 12 seats is a lot to be concerned with.

WDWFanatic
09-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Okay...This is how it stands. One family booked both their flight, one family book 1/2 flight (return only), and one family booked nothing yet.

One of the families want to look into going a different week and have the other two families change their tickets, so if you could all PLEASE send some Southwest pixie dust so our original choice opens up I would greatly appreciate it.

We are keeping our finger crossed that the late night Nov. 9 and late night Nov. 17th flight open up with 4 rt tickets at the $99/price.

Thanks a million!!!!:mickey:

chick20679
09-08-2007, 07:22 AM
It's too bad some have booked and some haven't... as a group of 12, you'd be eligible to check out the group rates that SW might have available. (group rates are available to parties of 10 or more). Maybe call and see if it would be enough of a discount to warrant the already booked tickets to be used for another trip?
Just a thought. :mickey:

WDWFanatic
09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
I've never heard of group rates on SW, are the prices better than Internet specials?

We couldn't use it this time because my family has two free tickets, but I'll keep it in mind, Thanks.

The flights still haven't opened up:(

chick20679
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
The prices on group rates can vary greatly... in most cases though, they can offer you whatever you may have seen as the lowest rate... AND they can offer it to all of the members of your party. It would be worth checking out anyway, for next time. :mickey:

WDWFanatic
09-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks, I'll try calling them tomorrow, if the price is right and they will let us cancel what we already have and re-apply the credit it might work.

We have to pay our balance by 9/24 so I'm hoping the Ding fares will come out before that.:tink:

chick20679
09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
From their website:

To use the Southwest Airlines Group Program, call 1-800-433-5368, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:30 pm, Central Time.

Hope it works out for you!!! :mickey: