PDA

View Full Version : Carryon question

Jeri Lynn
09-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi there,
I read the TSA's website about allowable items in my carryon...I did not find anything on solid deoderant or shaving cream. They stated something about gel deoderant...

I'm wondering if I have to have my deoderant or can of shaving cream smaller than 3oz or if I can just pack it seperately then the items in my clear ziplock bag....

What do you think?

disneymom15
09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I think they fall into that 3oz or smaller catagory.

kakn7294
09-04-2007, 05:50 PM
The shaving cream would definately fall into the 3 oz or less category. Your deodorant would depend on the type. Aerosols or gels would need to be 3 oz or less but I think the solid kind is okay for any size and does not need to be in the baggie. What we did was pack one travel-sized in our carry-on that DD and I wouldn't mind sharing if we had to then a second travel-sized in the checked luggage so we would each have our own for the duration of the trip. Same for shaving cream - I could use DH's if I had to so his was in the carry-on and mine was in the checked luggage. Don't forget Disney provides soap and shampoo so you can always rely on those if you had to - you don't need to pack travel-sized in those so you can save a little room there.

DisneyDudet
09-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I think that if you use the solid kind of deodorant, you will be safe, but I always err on the side of caution. I usually just pack ALL my liquids and semi solids in 3oz bottles/containers and be done with it. Shaving cream would definitely fall into the liquid category, so you would need a 3oz size in your carry on.

snifflesmcg
09-04-2007, 06:01 PM
With government rules....I never take chances. I have a bag that is strictly for my shampoo, conditoner, toothpaste, sunblock and any and every kind of health and beauty aid. I just pack it up all together and put it into my checked luggage. I'd rather chance them losing it than throwing it away.

vamaggie
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
If all you are planning on taking are carry ons, you may want to just wait and buy deodorant and shaving cream when you get to the resort(I think most of the stores sell small toilettries). I don't know about the Disney resorts, but many hotels even have things like this at the front desk if you ask.