PDA

View Full Version : Quetion about Magical Express

mjaclyn
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi all! Is it possible to use Magical Express for your luggage only? DH rented a car to get to and from the airport, but it would be SO convenient for WDW to pick up our luggage so we don't have to worry about it! Also, checking the luggage at the hotel for the return trip would be great. Does Disney allow that or do you have to go on the ME bus?

Eeyore's Pal
09-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I believe you can check your luggage at the hotel if you are not using the Magical Express service (as long as you are on a participating airline), but they won't get your bags at the airport and deliver them to your room when you arrive if you are not riding the bus.

mjaclyn
09-04-2007, 04:18 PM
That would be SO great if we could check our luggage at the hotel. Is there a list of participating airlines somewhere? We're flying Jetblue. Does this also apply for DVC members? We're staying in a DVC resort.

Eeyore's Pal
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
JetBlue is on the list. We flew on JetBlue on our last trip and so were able to use it. It worked great. I'm not aware of any different rules for DVC resorts, but haven't stayed at any.

Here is a link to the ME page in Info Central that has the complete list and more details: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/default.asp

KAJUNKING
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I believe you can check your luggage at the hotel if you are not using the Magical Express service (as long as you are on a participating airline), but they won't get your bags at the airport and deliver them to your room when you arrive if you are not riding the bus.

how do they know if your riding the bus? i think you could put the tags on your luggage and then when you land you can go check in at the me desk and let them stamp your pass and then just dont get on the bus, go get your rental car, once you check in at the desk i dont think they keep track of who actually makes it on the bus, i may be wrong but im pretty sure this is true, and you can check your luggage at the hotel, you dont have to be coming in on a participating airline

disneymom2000
09-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I believe they have a list. I remember the last time I rode it the driver had some kind of list. When I signed up for ME they asked me all kinds of questions about my flight, my hotel and how many in my party. I don't think they allow luggage only transport. However, you can rent a car once you get to your hotel from National rent a car. They will even pick you up from your hotel.

faline
09-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Magical express is not intended as a service to transfer your luggage from the airport to your resort if you are not actually using the transportation part of the service.

Can a Guest book a “luggage only” transfer?
No.

CleveRocks
09-04-2007, 08:39 PM
The driver scans each person's voucher as they board the bus, right there at the door as you walk on. The Great Disney Computer knows all.

Can't get on a bus without a voucher. Can't get on the bus without the voucher being scanned. The drivers are highly motivated to make sure every voucher is scanned. The drivers are employees of a subcontractor (Mears), and the subcontractor gets paid by Disney on a per-passenger basis ... each vocuher scanned is money for the subcontractor.

There's no list of passengers (on the bus that takes you from airport to resort), because no one is pre-assigned to a bus at the airport. You check-in at the Disney Welcome Center, and are then shown to your bus queue, and then are led by your driver to the bus.