PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club - Nov 9th-11th

Roo Girl
09-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Wanted Beach Club but got Yacht Club for he final weekend of the Food & Wine Festival- can you tell me if Yacht Club is just as wonderful as Beach Club? Haven't stayed at either yet but we walked thru BC and it was SO gorgeous. Just wondering...

Quasimodo
09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
While I've been to the BC many times, I've never stayed in a room at the YC. But I have been through the lobby a few times to eat at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and have seen pictures and video of the rooms. It has a Nautical/Sailing theme as opposed to the BC's New England beach theme. The colors are darker and more masculine than the BC, with lots of wood paneling. The amenities are the same as the BC, and both resorts share the same pool area.

spinnerf
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I stayed at the Yacht Club last year for food and wine. It was great, 10 to 15 minute walk to the festival!! It is very simillar to the Beach club, in fact in my mind they were one resort. They share evrything. Have a great time.

bkfree
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Yacht Club is our favorite place to stay with our kiddos. I have never thought it dark or masculine,can't fathom where that impression comes from. Our room had white furniture in a nautical theme, light walls and blue carpet and blue nautical upholstery. A very light, sun filled room that reminded you of the ocean and big balcony with a great view of the lake and lighthouse.We have two young kids(6 and 8) and they love the YC and all the boat/ship themeing. I have found the CM to be very accomodating to the kids and housekeeping did something special for them each day. And it is the best location in the World. You will love YC I am sure. To us it seemed cleaner and fresher than BC.

Stan
09-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Let me offer 2 image galleries I just restored from being "orphaned" on my web site about a year ago...

Beach Club (http://www.flmemories.com/files/locations/Location-BCL.html) and Yacht Club (http://www.flmemories.com/files/locations/Location-YCL.html).

Sorry, no suites- just locations I picked out but mostly haven't yet used for posing portrait clients. Still, the photos show the beauty of both of these resorts. :)

WelshieLover
09-05-2007, 10:15 AM
We have stayed at both and find not too much a difference between the 2. I think it really comes down to location. BC is a shorter walk to EPCOT and YC is closer to the BW and the boat to the Studios. We also walked a couple times over to Fantasia Gardens mini golf over by the Swan and Dolphin. I do not think you will diasppointed at all.

Mickie the Pooh
09-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I have stayed at both and find the Yachtclub to be a bit more formal than the BC. Other than that they are pretty similiar.

Beach Club Babe
09-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I have stayed in both, most recently in YC just a few weeks ago, They are indeed nearly the same except for decor. I actually prefer the Yacht Club slightly.

Some pros of YC are
1. The bus picks up and drops off before Beach Club.
2. The boat dock is closer to Yacht.
3. The Yacht Club Galley is a good TS restaurant, and you can almost always get a table if you don't have an ADR.

lin555593
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
:mickey:We have stayed in both and we prefer the YC to the Beach. The Conceirge is ten times better than the Beach

moe513
09-06-2007, 07:47 PM
I have stayed at both and much prefer the yc. They are very similiar but we like the yc. First the lobby is less crowded and seems more relaxed. The yc has almost 100 percent rooms with full balconies the bc has alot o tiny one person on ly standing balconies. The bc is better because the gift shop also has food. I really dont like the fact that the yc has no food. There is a place called beaches and creme outside near the pool that sells sandwiches and ice cream but it is always packed and service is slow.

jakeybake
09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I totally prefer the BC to the YC.

The BC is more warm and inviting where the YC is more serious and stale. The atmosphere at the BC is very relaxed where the YC is very serious.

And I prefer the location of the BC to the YC as well. The walk to Epcot is a breeze.

My 2 cents.