PDA

View Full Version : special request fax sample?

disneyfan328
09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I thought that I had seen on one of the threads, a sample of what to send via fax or email to your hotel in the event that you wanted to request something. I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere. Does anyone have it or know what I am talking about?

We did make a special request with our original reservation but POR cm told me to fax it over again about 5 days prior to our arrival. Now I know again that this is just a request, but to me its an important one so I want to be sure to reiterate it to them in hopes that it along with checking in early will give us our best chance.

We really really need to have a room that was not previously a smoking room, and are asking due to my sons health conditions that we be put somewhere in AB close to the lobby area in the even that we need to get him medical treatment. We have no idea how his conditions (and mine) are going to react to the Florida weather so we are just trying to be safe than sorry.

I know that it was posted to put things in order of importance ect, but i thought there was a sample on here and it was very well worded so I wanted to look at it again to make sure that I am not missing anything.

Thanks for your help!!! 18 days to go!!!!:mickey:

Dyanna
09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/roomrequests.asp

#1donaldfan
09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
We have always had luck sending request to POR...we love that resort, in part, because they are so accomodating.....we just made up a request something like: We are just about to arrive at your beautiful resort and would like to make a request for...you need to indicate your reservation number, name...etc....good luck...
Port Orleans Resort-Riverside
1251 Dixie Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Telephone: (407) 934-6000
Fax: (407) 934-5777

TammiMcMan
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Faxing is good for general requests, however when you have strict medical concerns, you really should go through special services. They're the only ones that can go in and "block" a room for you. Room assignors can "assign" rooms, but if they aren't blocked, then that room can be re-assigned at any time prior to your arrival.

I highly recommend calling 407-939-7807, option 1 and letting them know your specific needs.

disneyfan328
09-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied. Yes that sample was the one I was looking for.

Tammi - I believe that this is the line that our TA called and was told that becuase our health conditions are not considered a disability that there is nothing that they can do for us other than for us to request a non smoking room with a thorough room cleaning in a bldg close to the lobby area in the event that he needs medical treatment. We are not dealing with the normal disabilities(ie blind, wheelchair ect) Not that any disability is normal, but in terms of what Disney can accomodate, is all that I mean. I am going to give this number another try, and see what happens, but at least now I have the fax ready to go in the event that I need it ect.

Also the address posted above is not what POR gave me??? They stated that it is now Riverside Drive???

Phone, fax ect is all the same.

thanks again to everyone for your help.

TammiMcMan
09-04-2007, 01:27 PM
We are not dealing with the normal disabilities(ie blind, wheelchair ect) Not that any disability is normal, but in terms of what Disney can accomodate, is all that I mean.Okay. when I saw that you needed to be sure you weren't assigned a previous smoking room, I jumped to the conculsion of severe allergies or a breathing problem. From what I've heard in the past, those are considered medical issues and Disney has acted accordingly. It couldn't hurt to try calling yourself, maybe you can explain the situation a little bit better than your TA.