PDA

View Full Version : 4 days to go and still no luggage tags, what should we do??

Disneyatic
09-04-2007, 11:16 AM
We are leaving in 4 days :party::mickey:
We still haven't received our DME luggage tags and I am stressing over what we should do.

We bought a Mickey Mouse patch for the front of each of our suitcases and I am attaching regular luggage tags with our information to each suitcase.
Will this be enough to ensure that our luggage gets retrieved by DME?
I read the suggestion of taking a picture of our luggage and giving that to the DME desk and we will do that also.

I thought I read on another thread somewhere that DME waits until the luggage without magical express tags is put into an unclaimed area at the airport and then they retrieve and deliver to the rooms.
Is this true? Will it take forever to get our luggage delivered??

Any suggestions or personal experiences would be great to ease my fears!

faline
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
My understanding is that you can still have Magical Express retrieve your bags if you did not receive your Magical Express tags. As I understand it, you describe your luggage to the Magical Express folks at the desk and supply your receipts to them. They will retrieve the luggage and forward it to you.

How did you register for Magical Express? Did you do this yourself or was it done for you by a travel agent?

Dyanna
09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Put some matching ribbons on all the luggage this way they can identify it from the other luggage that is not going to WDW.

BelleBeauty
09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
If you have time, take a picture of the bags and the Mickey patch. Make sure you had address tags on each bag. Give a picture, clear descriptions and your luggage tag numbers to the DME desk. I would also call DME right away. They may be able to still get tags to you, or you will be able to note on your reservations that the bags will not have DME tags.

If you are still nervous about getting bags in a timely fashion, you can always collect your luggae and take it with you to the DME check-in.

kakn7294
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
When we had a problem with our DME reservation in Dec 2006 (our travel agent had our luggage going to the wrong resort), we had her call and change it to the correct resort. We all received new tags except my parents and were told to just give them our baggage claim tickets from when the bags are checked at your home airport and a brief description of the bags and they would retrieve them even without the stickers - it just takes a bit more effort on Disney's part. I verified this myself with DME as well as the travel agent at the time.

CleveRocks
09-04-2007, 08:54 PM
All of the above is correct.

From Day One, DME has had a procedure in place to deal with non-tagged luggage.

After you land, go to the Disney Welcome Center, skipping baggage claim. When you check-in, they'll ask if you have a DME tag on each bag. WHen you say "No," they'll show you an array of photos of every piece of luggage known to man, and ask you to identify each piece you checked with your airline. They'll also ask for your baggage claim ticket numbers. A Disney CM will physically go to baggage claim and claim your bags for you. Your bags will then be brought to the Disney luggage sorting facility, where it'll be tagged and then put in with the rest of the DME luggage, to be sorted and delivered.

Like I said, this has been a set procedure since Day One (I know, because I was going to have to use it on Day Four, until my tags showed up on Day Three). It's not something they just threw together a few weeks ago, and it's not my guess or opinion about what should happen.

Disneyatic
09-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank you to everyone who gave information and advice!!

Luckily our luggage tags arrived at Magical Journey's yesterday and I paid to have them Fedex'd to us so they will be here today!!

belleandcinderellasmom
09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
We booked with MJ and still haven't received our Magical Express tags either. We fly out sunday morning. Just checked the mail and they are not in there today. Three days of mail left to hope for.

Tink1
09-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Normally, we don't recieve the tags for any of our clients here in office. We have Disney ship directly to the clients.

Sometimes they do show up here and sometimes they just seem to end up in never never land. DME says they are shipped to client but client never recieves them. Where they go, I have no idea!

I normally travel without tags, since my trips are usually unscheduled jaunts for a few nights. I have never had a problem with them claiming my luggage and getting it to my room.

Nanc