PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite The Whole Family Pre-Trip Report

Gottaluvgoof
09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
September 7 - 12
All Star Sports
ADRs - Whispering Canyon, Boma, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, 50s Primetime, Chef Mickey's

Starring:
Me - Jeanne 47, aka MOM
DD - Erin 14
DS - Kyle 11
Niece - Dana 22

Co-Stars (Nieces in their 30s)
Niece - Heather
Niece - Lori
Niece - Christy
Niece - Kate
Great Nephew - Christian 2
Great Niece - Ryan 1

Whew, now that all that's done. Ok, the reason it's not quite the whole family is because some are staying behind. DH gave me the trip for my birthday. We were there last August and he just isn't in the mood to go to Disney this year (OOH, the SHAME!) :crazy: Can you even imagine such a thing? DS,16, in his own words as he tells me, "Not into fairies." :tink: He'll get over that one day. DD 12, her and I did our own trip in June. It's kind of nice to do a one on one occasionally when you have four children. Anyway, we did Universal, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and the Magic Kingdom. So, she is staying home this time. She is an avid volleyball player and her school homecoming (rides, games, friends, food) is the same time we are going on the trip. Home Coming? Disney? Hmmm, not such a hard choice for me, but then again, I'm not 12. She also misses our pets too much when she is on vacation, therefore she has her reasons for not going this time. (Better reasons than her father and brother) So, also left behind are the dogs, Mocha, Gypsy, and our little Disney Princess, Belle (Our newest member.) Then there is Kitty. We will miss them all. Well, maybe I won't miss getting up in the middle of the night to let the puppy out. I sure hope DH doesn't sleep right through her crying to get out.

OK, so this is officially my 10th trip to the greatest place on earth. Thanks DH Keith, for the wonderful birthday present. We are staying at the All Star Sports this time. Never been there, so new experience. We're the type that go morning till night, so all I need is a bed and a shower. The co-stars are my nieces and Christy's children. They are staying at the Poly and have different ADR's than us. We will be together at times and apart at times. Looking forward to seeing the little one's reactions, since it is their first trip.

It's finally here! I am very excited. :mjump: I booked the trip in April so it has been 6 VERY LONG months. I can't wait to step foot into the Magical Express bus. Our flight :plane: is leaving Lambert St. Louis International Airport at 7:15 a.m. We will arrive MCO at 10:30 a.m. eastern time. We'll lose an hour with the time change...grrr. As soon as that bus gets us to Sports, we will check in and be at the bus stop for the Magic Kingdom as soon as possible. Kyle says we're doing Pirates :pirate: first. We will see. He also wants to face his fears this trip and try TOT and SM. He loves EE, but has never done SM...go figure? I think it's the fact that he has to sit by himself on SM.

Well, lots to do before I go, so I better get to work. :mop::laundry:: I'm like this fanatic about cleaning the house before I leave on a trip. Not to mention, it better be that way when I get home....ha ha ha Well maybe they will at least have it straightened up. Who cares, I'll be in Disney World. :smickey:

Here's hoping for a safe trip and lots of magical moments. A visit from the dream team sure wouldn't hurt! (Fingers crossed) Everyone have a wonderful day, and I will fill you all in when I get back from the trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cal5755
09-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh how exciting... I am jealous... you are going before me!! This will be my 5th trip to WDW and 3rd since married with kids. My youngest (dd) is only 4 and is making her 3rd trip! It will be so exciting with her this year!! We don't leave til the 14th (only 10 days WOOHOO) and the bags have been packed for a week already!! The kids have made a chart for the last 10 day countdown and only Disney movies can be played from now til then!!

I wish you, your starts and co-stars a magical vacation with lots of dreams come true!!!:tink:

January-2007
09-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Have fun!

ChipnDaleGal
09-05-2007, 05:49 AM
You have a sweet husband for understanding that you love to go to WDW more than he does. :thumbsup: I hope you have a great trip! :mickey:

faline
09-07-2007, 05:48 AM
You should be leaving very soon! Have a wonderful time!