PDA

View Full Version : ADR timing advice...

scooterca42
09-04-2007, 09:36 AM
We're going to be going to Seaworld during one day of our holiday. We're going to be up first thing in the morning to be there as soon as it opens, and intend to stay till about 3:30 or 4.

If I were to make a reservation at Concourse Steak House (if there's availability, naturally) would you go for closer to 6 pm or closer to 7pm? We're planning to go back to the hotel and change (we're at Pop) and wouldn't be averse to taking a cab if needed to make the ADR.

And that night is Epcot EMH - would 7 pm have us done with supper in time to see Illuminations? I don't know how long it takes to get from the Contemporary to Epcot.

We're bussing to Seaworld in the am but probably taxiing back in the pm.

We've never eaten outside the parks before, and this would mean we do it twice in a trip. Should be interesting!

ThanxForNoticin
09-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I would probably go for a 6:30 ADR, if available. If you leave Seaworld around 4, that will probably get you back to your room around 5:00. If you take 30 minutes to change and freshen, you can then head to the Contemporary around 5:30. I would probably take a bus from POP to the MK and then make the 10-minute walk from the MK bus depot to the CR. If you are done with your meal by 7:45, you should have time to take a monorail to the TTC, and then catch another monorail to EPCOT. Once you get to the main entrance at EPCOT, it will probably take 10-15 minutes to get to the World Showcase for a viewing spot for Illuminations - you won't get a great spot, but you'll get to enjoy the show.

Just another possibility - if you are looking for a steak house, you might consider the Yachtsman Steak House at the YC. After dinner, it's just a 10-minute walk to EPCOT and the World Showcase for Illuminations. Enjoy!