PDA

View Full Version : Emergency services at WDW

Cozfamilyof6
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
We will be traveling in 54 days :D to WDW with the in-laws. My father-in-law has a history of heart problems as well as diabetes. In the event he needs emergency medical attention, what is available at the parks or resorts?

Strmchsr
09-04-2007, 10:17 AM
There is a hospital nearby and the resorts will help get you there if you need to go. At the parks they have the normal first aid stations with paramedics on site, but, again, if you need more a hospital is very close.

vamaggie
09-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I know there is a fire station somewhere on property and they have EMS services. I would assume they would respond to any issues in the parks or resorts. I would also call your resort and ask specifically what they have for emergency services. (sending pixie dust they you will not need to actually use them!)

WishingStar2006
09-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I had a need to see a doctor during our August vacation and they have a WONDERFUL set-up with an emergency "walk-in" type clinic...they provide transportation to and from your resort (the cost is part of the "doctor visit"), and although the wait can be long (an hour average), I'm certain a more emergency type of situation will be handled quickly. There is even a pharmacy attached to the clinic for any needed prescriptions. It made the process so much less stressful when visitng from out of town with no car!

I hope your FIL won't need the services, but they are available...have a great time!!!!

TheRustyScupper
09-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Medical Services at WDW

1) Turner Drug Store
. . . delivers to all WDW resorts
. . . slight service/deliver fee
. . . does not take insurance card
. . . forms at resort Front Desk
. . . will process your current prescription or refill
. . . doctors can call-in scripts
2) In-Room Doctor
. . . there are doctors on call
. . . insurance cards not accepted
. . . the Front Desk can give you contact info
3) EMS
. . . fully staffed and licensed EMS units
. . . administer assistance and transport
. . . most cardiac taken directly to Florida Hospital
. . . any CM can call for you, or you can dial 911
4) Walk-In Clinics
. . . three close by
. . . transportation to/from provided
. . . they do accept insurance cards
5) Hospital
. . . Celebration Hospital 15-minutes away
. . . they accept insurance cards
. . . full service Emergency Room
. . . cardiac patients transferred to Florida Hospital

NOTE: Even for places that do not take insurance cards, you can submit the receipts when you get back home.

NOTE2: Cardiac patients usually go directly to Florida Hospital. They are highly ranked for their cardiac care.

BigRedDad
09-04-2007, 02:37 PM
NOTE2: Cardiac patients usually go directly to Florida Hospital. They are highly ranked for their cardiac care.[/I]

:mickey: 95% of their patients come within 5 minutes of receiving their final Bill from WDW
:ambal:

Cozfamilyof6
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks Rusty Scupper for the information, I appreciate and plan to print it.

I'm sure we won't need the services, but it's so important for EVERYONE to know.\\

:mickey: