PDA

View Full Version : Which Concierge?

BigRedDad
09-04-2007, 08:46 AM
We are thinking of going concierge for our trip in 2008. There are 6 adults and 2 kids (both under 3). Going through different rates and the total number of people, there are several options. We are thinking the Contemporary because we can walk to and from MK if necessary.

The options we have is a 2-bedroom suite or 3 separate rooms. There is no way we could get 2 rooms and be comfortable unfortunately. But, the 2-bedroom suite looks like it would be fine. The other option is for slightly less, but staying at the Grand Floridian.

Any one have any recent reviews of the Concierge rooms at either of these?

J.T.Toad
09-04-2007, 09:38 AM
We Have only stayed Concierge level at the Poly
This was before the DDP was available. Frankly I dont think the Concierge level was worth the money.
Have you considered a two bedroom at the Villas at Wilderness lodge ?
JT

threeh
09-05-2007, 10:26 AM
We stayed in the 1BR bay view suite for a night on our last trip and the room was HUGE. It had 2 bathrooms!! I have 3 kids and we fir nicely. The views up there are amazing, you can bring the kids back to the lounge ( or your room if you get a MK view) and watch the fireworks. Being able to walk to MK is a great plus as well, esp with little ones. The CR was very good for our last trip!! Have a great trip and let me know if you have any other questions!!!:thumbsup:

LisRich
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
We've stayed in Contemporary suites and LOVED it! You will have PLENTY of room for your party with a two-bedroom suite. The rooms are huge, the views/location/convenience are the best (IMO), and we were very pleased w/concierge service. The restaurants on property are very good too - California Grill and Concourse Steakhouse are superb, plus you have Chef Mickey's for the kids which has terrific character meals. Have a great trip and enjoy!

TammiMcMan
09-05-2007, 04:30 PM
There are 2 club levels at the CR. Suites are located in the Tower Club, which is on the 14th floor. Standard club level rooms are located in the Atrium Club, which is on the 12th floor. Both offer basically the same amenities, the differences are that the 14th floor is much quieter, because there are very few rooms. Also, you can book a view on the 14th floor, but the 12th floor views are by request only.

For the GF, the 2 bedroom suites are priced by location. Those suites in the main building or Sugar Loaf lodge concierge, will be more expensive. Not sure if that makes a difference, if they're in an outer lodge, you would need to walk a short distance outside for the club lounge.

Comparing the CR and GF club levels, pretty much comes down to personal choice. The CR's lounges have amazing views of the MK. The GF's main building lounge overlooks the courtyard garden/pool and on the interior, the GF orchestra plays on the balcony below. The Sugar Loaf lodge building has no view at all, it actually feels very much like a bed & breakfast. Food tends to be on the gourmet side at the GF, with an additional offering of afternoon tea.

BigRedDad
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info. We are not sure what we are doing yet. I fear getting FUBAR'd if one of the family members drop out too late to make other arrangements. If I were booking today, I would probably just do 3 rooms in the Garden Wing or Atrium level.