Cast of Characters:

Me- Julie
DH- Fred
DD- Morgan (6)
DD- Madison (5)

Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
August 26- September 3

Sunday August 26th:

Today was our travel day. We played around with airfare for a while, and we got great fares on Continental, only the times were not the best, so we added a day to our trip and were still able to do a full 7 days in the parks!
We went to church, had lunch and finished up packing and it was off to Newark Liberty to catch our 4:40pm flight to Orlando. The flight was delayed an hour, thankfully other than that was very uneventful! The weather in Florida when we landed was rainy and "Swampy". Seems there had been some bad rains for most of the day. We got right on a Magic Express Bus, and encountered some pretty nasty people. No one would move their bags to give up seats:thedolls:. That was annoying. The girls sat one seat behind another, I sat in the back, only when a teenager moved his backpack and Fred stood the entire trip. He was not happy. After making a few stops (OKW, SS) we were at the Riverside. I made sure that I was the first one off the bus running to check-in!
I had a great CM check us in. Maerk from Poland. He was looking pretty tired. Turns out there were over 1,000 check-ins at the Riverside today! The place is sold-out.
OK, it's about 9:30. We have a great room in the Bayou. Building 38. We change into our bathing suits and head for the pool. Fred and I grab some :beer: and the girls get some drinks for their mugs. We enjoy a good time of swimming, and went back to the room to get ready for bed. I had packed PJ's, bathing suits, and tooth brushes in our carry-ons. Morgan and Madison are excited about their breakfast with Cinderella in the Magic Kingdom in the morning. Around 12:30am I wake up and notice that the luggage has not arrived. Remembering what Marek had said about it being such a crazy day I decide to go and investigate. I speak to a manager in the lobby and he is no help. Tells me that I won't be getting the luggage until sometime tomorrow they are so backed up. Great, I think. There goes the Cinderella breakfast. He did offer to reimbuse us for anything we needed. I didn't think that was a good enough answer. I'm not looking for anything free, I'm just looking for my luggage. I'm walking around and hear the sound of the golf cart used to get around the resort. I flag down the cart and the CM was Juan. Juan was delivering luggage, not mine, but I explained (begged) to him that I really needed the bags. He said he would do his best to find them. Juan came through! Luggage arrives at 4am! Girls have their dresses and tiara's for Cinderella! All is good. Vacation is looking up!
I give Juan a good tip and profusely thank him. Juan was a lot more effective than management!!
Tomorrow it is off to the Magic Kingdom. Stay tuned...
Julie:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
09-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the luggage issue, but at least you got it resolved! Way to go Juan! :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
09-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Sorry to hear about the bus and the luggage, but I'm so happy to hear that Juan came through and the girls had their dresses for Cinderella's castle!!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Sorry that you had the drama with your luggage, but you were very smart to go right to the source that could help you. way to go Juan!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-04-2007, 01:01 PM
:mickey:Woohoo, Way to go Juan!!

iheartmickey
09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I think if Juan would have shown up at my door with my luggage after managment said the next day I would have kissed him!! LOL!

Can't wait to hear about how the Cinderella breakfast goes!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

January-2007
09-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the trip report! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Glad you got your bags. Can't wait to hear more.

RPHX2NC
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
God loves the working man! I know I can't sleep when I am angry. I am glad to hear the dresses made it in time. I guess it is a good thing that we arrive at MCO at a very early 8:30 am before our trip to POR in September.

realtreebar
09-08-2007, 12:36 AM
thanks for the report ! "gotta love :mickey: "

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

faline
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Glad you got your luggage delivery resolved!

pdrlkr
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: