PDA

View Full Version : NEW Oh Canada Review! [Merged Threads]

disneyboy98
09-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Well, on a whim we decided to search for "Oh Canada" at Epcot on YouTube. Low and behold, there is a video on there of the new attraction that includes Martin Short as your host and Eva Longoria (our Canadian Idol) singing an update of the classic song.

Our opinion was that it was very cute and definitely a great addition to the Canadian Pavillion in WS.

There are a few jokes that will definitely make all of the Canadians in the theatre smile. Plus, they mention Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan! Our hometown! That was a huge plus for us! :thumbsup:

I won't get into too much about the specifics of the attration in case some people are wanting to go and see it first hand. For us, being from Canada, couldn't wait to see what they had done so we "cheated" a little bit. Can't wait until Easter or summer vacation next year to go and see this.

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there that has seen the show first hand and would like to share their review with us.

Have an awesome day!:mickey:

teambricker04
09-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Do you mean Eva Avila?

I can't wait to see this... it has been years, but I like the old song :)

brogan54
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
sounds great can't wait to see it just 16 more days to go:party::party::party:

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
I read a review on another Disney news website, and it seems neat.

I already know too many spoilers about Disney now, so I'm gonna wait for October! Not that I want to wait, but I will!

Thanks for the info tho.. if my curiosity gets the best of me, I'll keep your post in mind!

MNNHFLTX
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Do you mean Eva Avila?I wondered about this too, as Eva Longoria is from Texas. :)

As much as I loved the old film, this is an update that is long overdue. Glad it seems to meet with the approval of our Canadian neighbors. :thumbsup:

LoriMistress
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I saw is Sunday on my PodCast on a very nice HD camera (great quality). I also listened to the audio only as well. I must say, I can't wait to see this! It looks so beautiful. Imagine seeing it live! 94 more days until WDW!

tomorrowschild
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes Brett did mean Eva Avila. (But that was sort of funny to read). Any way we did think the that the movie looks great! A really nice update from the "70'/80's" version. Also thank goodness they kept the same song.:mickey:

Red Randal
09-05-2007, 01:50 PM
...but I just found out and am very very happy to report that...

CANADA (YOU'RE A LIFETIME JOURNEY) SURVIVED THE REHAB!!!

Let's all join in...

Canada! My Canada!
You're a lifetime journey for the traveler!

Canada! My Canada!
You're a lifeline of wonder on this planet Earth!

Canada!
You are far too vast and beautiful for words to ever really tell!

Canada!
Ten thosand dawn and sunsets I could see
And still not know you well!

Let's toast some Moosehead! (That's not in the song...but it should be!) :beer: :thumbsup:

2Epcot
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I hope the song stays, I would miss it if it were gone.

DisneyNut2005
09-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I hope the song stays, I would miss it if it were gone.

Don't fret none. The song is still there. :)

GhostHost999
09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
hey, I have a stupid question... did they ever put seats in the Canada show?

(reason I ask is my mom gets nauseous when she has to look at a movie screen while standing)

:ill:

Melanie
09-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Let's toast some Moosehead! (That's not in the song...but it should be!) :beer: :thumbsup:

:funny:

:thumbsup: