PDA

View Full Version : Would You??

snowblack
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
O.k Here is my problem, My husband and I have 4 children, and we would like to stay on disney property the next time we go back. last year we rented a vacation home through all star vacation homes. Now thats 6 people plus my sister who also comes on vacation with us. Thats 7 people now, so my question is should we get 2 adjoining rooms at cbr and let the kids sleep in one?(room my sister is 15) Or do you think my husband and I should split up and each of us take a room with the kids. I tried looking at suites at deluxe resorts and they are so pricey. I also looked at a suite at asm and it sounds kind of too small. Please help with any suggestions.

bigfatqueenofeverything
09-03-2007, 03:36 PM
If the next youngest kid is old enough to rat out the 15 year old. The little kids aren't the issue, the teenager could be. :mickey:

cheshirecollector
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Ask for "connecting" rooms rather than "adjoining". The adjoining ones are near each other, but connecting ones have the door between them. If you have the door connecting the two rooms, you could leave it open and it wouldn't matter as much who slept in each room.

You can also try getting two connecting rooms at ASM to save money over a moderate.

Darbylew
09-03-2007, 04:17 PM
I would go with two rooms that connect. This
way you can leave the door open between the
two rooms and keep an eye on everyone. Have
fun! :mickey:

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 02:24 AM
We had connecting rooms this past yr at POR riverside with my DH sister and her family. That resort accomodates 5. The cabins accomodate 6 and if have a child under the age of 3 (I think) they don't count. Might check that out.
But, I'd go with connecting rooms and you'll have access to 2 bathrooms not bad with 4 kids and a teenager.

disneydeb
09-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Be certain to request connecting rooms instead of adjoining and tell the person taking the reservation that it is for one family, children on one side and mom and dad on the other. That way you will have a better chance of getting a door to open between the two rooms.
Have a great trip!

snowblack
09-04-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry that's what I meant was connecting rooms. We stayed at pops once before with my aunt and little cousins and we kept the door open for the kids to run back and forth. So I should ask for the connecting rooms for one family and they should not have a problem with the kids being in one room and the adults being in another room?

TammiMcMan
09-04-2007, 07:51 AM
So I should ask for the connecting rooms for one family and they should not have a problem with the kids being in one room and the adults being in another room?I've never heard of that being a problem, I would just keep in mind, that while they will try, connecting rooms are never a guarantee.

kdsjjb
09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Our last three trip, we've gotten connecting rooms (at ASM, POP and POP) for our family of five.

Each time, we had to rigister as one adult in each room, splitting the kids between, because we were told that the room couldn't be registered to anyone under 18. They told us when we registered that because of the kids, that we would be guaranteed connecting rooms. We were also told when we went with DW's parents that they could not guarantee connecting rooms.

We just left the doors open and let the kids roam between. The two bathrooms were a big plus with two teenagers and mom and dad - thats why we've never done a five room at POR.