PDA

View Full Version : Vacation/Retirement in Florida

nickcapp
09-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey all.

My wife and I have decided we wanted to look into buying a vacation home in Florida somewhat near Disney that would serve as our home in retirement as well.

Does anyone have any info they could PM me with regarding nice communities or even real estate personel who deal with this sort of thing. We live in NJ so we need to someone who specializes in long distance transactions.

We don't know much about the area so I wouldn't even know where to start! We do know we love Disney and the climate in Florida and can see us living there sometime in the future.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

murphy1
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Nick,

I grew up down there and traveled Central FL a lot. I really like some of the smaller towns in the area like Haines City, Clermont, Lake Wales, Winter Garden, but there are some nicer areas North of Orlando too like Lake Mary, Longwood. It just depends on what you want and are looking for. It might be good to talk to a few realtors in the area, they will know exactly what you are looking for. I worked with mostly insurance agents marketing our company for them to sell to their insureds.