PDA

View Full Version : What's best at Downtown Disney?

brewcrew26
09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
We have a quandary about our night we're spending at Downtown Disney on one of our free days.

We were thinking of trying out Wolfgang Puck (we love sushi!), but we haven't heard any spectacular reviews about it, we've actually heard more of the opposite. I'm afraid it'll turn out to be lackluster and something we could just get at home.

Any other thoughts about what's good at Downtown Disney or maybe one of the resorts? I'd be up for trying Raglan Road, but is it too much like Rose & Crown (we're going to eat there for dinner one of our days at Epcot). I'm not a huge fan of Planet Hollywood or Cap'n Jacks (I had a pretty bad experience there on my last trip). My brother suggested Fulton's Crab House.

We're also interested in trying Restaurant Marrakesh possibly.

Any help would be great!! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm not crazy about Planet Hollywood either. Not impressed with Capt n' Jacks either. I haven't really heard much about Portobello's or Fulton's. Bongo's was okay. I like spice and lots of favor and Cuban food is blan so it's a personal choice. It is good for what it is.

My husband and I always eat at Wolfgang's. We have had great experiences there eveytime. We love the food. One of my favorites is the pumpkin ravioli. Last time my husband tried the bucatini pasta with meatballs. They were huge meatballs and fantastic. The deserts are awesome too. We always take one back because we are too full to eat it there. It is a must do for us when we visit WDW.

Raglan Road we liked. It has a really nice charm to it. The food is good but the atmosphere is the best part. They have girl who dances (I was told with Michael Flatley) and an band that is made up of all Irishman. It is a very entertaining place. The service is great too.

I hope this help some. Have a great trip.

pox24
09-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Fultons and the Rain Forest are our favorites.
Great food and atmosphere.:thumbsup:

Madame Leona
09-03-2007, 02:46 PM
My favorite dtd restaurant is Bongos. The food is good and the atmosphere is nice. If you go there, ask to sit outside.

WDW Dreamer
09-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Fulton's is definitely one of the best restaurants at DTD. Large variety and good atmosphere. Going again in December. :eat:

DessertDivaFL
09-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Our family likes Wolfgang Puck's (1st floor). We also like Rainforest Cafe for the atmosphere over the food. The only place I don't recommend is Portofino's. It is way overpriced for what you get.

Crow
09-03-2007, 09:13 PM
i liked WOlfgangs but its been a few yrs. PH wasnt bad to me.
RR has some good:beer:but i didnt eat there.
i did eat at Cookes which is a CS next to it and it was good.
never tried Bongos.

#1donaldfan
09-03-2007, 10:00 PM
IMHO.....FULTON's......FULTON's....FULTON's......n othing better when it comes to seafood......

Tigger70
09-03-2007, 11:35 PM
My first choice would be...Fulton's.

Raglan Road would be my second.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 01:02 AM
I would say Fultons. I'm not crazy about Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood. The food just doesn't cut it. If we didn't have picky kids we'd probably try WP or Bongos.