PDA

View Full Version : airport security

septembergirl
09-03-2007, 01:05 PM
We are leaving for WDW in about 2 weeks:cloud9:!
We will be flying and I plan on us packing for at least one night in our carry on in case our luggage is held up. What kinds of things would you recommend beside swimming gear, a change of clothes, toothpaste, etc? Can we get through security with bottles shampoo and soap? How about fingernail clippers and such? I haven't flown since last time we went to FLA in 2004...

Thanks.

Pocahontas
09-03-2007, 01:21 PM
The last few times I flew, I had no problem bringing fingernail clippers in my purse. Any liquids you bring need to be in small bottles (3-4 oz I believe) and then placed in small ziplock baggies. Have a wonderful time, as I'm sure you will!:mickey:

kakn7294
09-03-2007, 01:29 PM
As far as toiletries, any liquids or gels must be 3 oz or less (most travel-sizes qualify) and fit into one 1 quart-sized ziptop clear baggie. Each person may have one baggie. Full-sized bottles must be packed in your checked luggage. Nail clippers are not a problem. Neither are those tiny screwdrivers for fixing eyeglasses. You can check the TSA's website for specific items that are allowed or prohibited. Have a great trip!!

Kairi_7378
09-03-2007, 02:52 PM
... SUN BLOCK!!! Neutrogena and Banana Boat both make 3 oz bottles that you can put in your quart sized baggie for your travel luggage.

brownie
09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Your airlines website and the TSA website will give you the best information about what you can and can't bring, and how it needs to be packed.

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Don't forget any medications you might or will need.

I've seen people get stopped because their deodorant isn't 3oz, so just be aware of that. You may want to get a travel deodorant.

I read a few weeks ago on TSA's website that nail clippers and tweezers are ok, so are safety razors (read... those you use to shave your face and legs.. not straight razors like box cutters).

Just make sure anything that isn't a formed solid (gels, anything with a liquid feel or texture), must be 3oz or less and in one- 1quart sized baggie. I always pack mine on top, as most, if not all, airports require it to be separate from your other bags (like they do laptops). Hard body soaps shouldn't be a problem, but we usually just use the ones in the hotels.

Also, you will want to keep any equipment you might need like cameras, cell phones, chargers, and other electronics with you, in case your luggage gets misplaced or doesn't get to your room from DME in time.

Anything of value to you should stay with you on the plane as well. Any confirmation numbers for hotels, tickets, packages, ADR's and such should be with you. Don't want to lose those!

I know this is long, but I'm one of those people who doesn't check in bags unless I have to, or its full of dirty clothes on the way back. I've lost luggage before, and I pack almost everything, if not everything, in carry ons (I'm an expert packer!!!). I can pack 9 days worth of clothes in a carry on!

faline
09-03-2007, 06:08 PM
For more information on what you can and can't bring and how to pack it, check out the TSA site (http://http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm).

In my carry-ons, I generally pack:
* enough clothing for one or more days
* medications
* reading materials
* all important information pertaining to my trip - reservations, plans, park tickets, vouchers, etc.
* 3-ounce liquids in a one-quart bag sufficient to get me through should my checked luggage go astray
* cameras and film
* charges for cell phones and cameras
* jewelry
* snacks for the plane - in case we get stuck on board for any length of time

cal5755
09-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Excellent tip!! Thanks for that one.... we were just going to wait and purchase in the disney hotel store...now I will go out on wed. and look for one of those two!! :thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
That's a good deal. Sunscreen at Disney costs an arm and a leg!

gueli
09-03-2007, 08:04 PM
dont forget you can ship stuff (via ups) also. oth DD & DW have sensitive skin, so we packed the sunscreen & a number of things & shipped them via ups. they will be awaiting our arrival.
:mickey: