PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurant would you choose and why?

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm trying to decide on one more place to make a ADR for, any suggestions?

Which did you choose and why?

Do you have another you'd recommend?

So far we have: chef de france, raglan road, tony's town square, spoodles, crystal palace, ohana's, coral reef, biergarten and rose and crown.

SBETigg
09-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Marrakesh is a lot of fun and a slightly different experience. L'Originale Alfredo di Roma is now closed. A new restaurant will be opening in Italy within the next year.

You have a nice line-up planned. I think you'll enjoy your dining and your stay.

Kairi_7378
09-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I voted for Marrakesh because I like Moroccan food and it would be very different from your other choices. You have a lot of Epcot dining planned... lucky you! A lot of people on these boards like WCC as well but I haven't eaten there.
As for other suggestions, are you looking for something quiet and romantic or family-oriented?

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-03-2007, 02:54 PM
It is just my husband and I so more towards the romantic side. We like to try new things and aren't picky eaters.

Jared
09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe is supposedly great fun. My family has never eaten there, but it is one of the restaurants we have always wanted to try.

Restaurant Marrakesh is currently winning the poll. We did not enjoy this place. The food was decent, but weak compared to Mediterranean food we have at home. Our experienced was probably tainted by the incredibly loud and obnoxious party near our table. We could barely have a conversation throughout the meal.

We probably won't go back.

Natazu
09-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Marrakesh is my favorite of the bunch. We enjoyed Turf Club a lot, too.

Medland
09-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I think Marrakesh sounds the most unique.

mook3y
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Marrakesh sounds really good to us!

Can't wait to try it out!

in 19 days! :party:

mvelez15
09-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I voted for Marrakesh. I loved it the first time I went. I had the lemon chicken which was wonderful. It fell right off the bone, and the entertainment is an added bonus.

Crow
09-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Marrakesh. didnt really care for WC other than the location. and i havent eaten at the others.
ill b at Marrakesh in a few wks

chefmickey3
09-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I vote Whispering Canyon because the atmosphere at Wilderness Lodge is cool. The food is good and it is a lot of fun. At least we had a great time in June!

KAT1811
09-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Atmosphere wise I would choose Marrakesh but the menu does not appeal to me at all.

I vote for Whispering Canyon. Supposedly the WL is beautiful and after dinner you could take the boat over to one of the other lagoon hotels and grab an after dinner drink and then watch Wishes or the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach or just stroll down the resort beach together.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 01:23 AM
I see Marrakesh is winning but, we've never ate there so, I cant review it. WC we ate there this past June. The food was ok imo the atmosphere was great just really loud with all the interaction that goes on. If you have kids go for the WC they'll enjoy.

RAIDER
09-04-2007, 03:47 AM
I chose Marakesh .....The atmosphere is brilliant the food is varied and theres this great belly dancer ;)

sagessa
09-04-2007, 04:13 AM
Marrakesh is one if my favorite restaurants at Disney. The belly dancer is great entertainment and, in my opinion, the food is excellent. If you choose Marrakesh, you've got to try the Seafood Bastilla. If I could get those at home, I would eat them everyday.

Rachel R.

Septbride2002
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
We are choosing Marrekesh as our new dining experience for our trip - so I voted for it here too. I hear it is yummy.
~Amanda

DDuck66
09-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I like the Whispering Canyon. You have a choice of all you can eat family style skillet or ordering off the menu. The interaction can be either as heavy as you like or you can ask for the back room where you can just enjoy the food, the company, and the ambience. I think the WC gives you the most options.

MsMin
09-04-2007, 10:20 AM
We are trying Boma's this trip for our new experience. I want to add that you do have a wonderful assortment of dining experiences already.
How does this experience influence your park plans? I always find it a waste of time to switch just for dinner. Is there an area you will be in for this dinner?

martinfamily5
09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Our family loved both Marrekesh and Whispering Canyon. Marrekesh would definatly be alot calmer, but WC is SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO
much fun.

jenperich
09-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I would definitely choose Whispering Canyon! I love it there. It's so fun and very Disney! I think you'll get a great meal at Marrakesh too.

LandFan
09-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Marrakesh: good food and good entertainment. Exotic.

GrmGrninGost
09-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Whispering Canyon! Especially is you have children it is a really FUN place! And, the food is pretty good also! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
We are trying Boma's this trip for our new experience. I want to add that you do have a wonderful assortment of dining experiences already.
How does this experience influence your park plans? I always find it a waste of time to switch just for dinner. Is there an area you will be in for this dinner?

We set the first 4 days at each of the parks and picked a restaurant at one of those and picked one for the last 3 days. The 4 days in between we decided where ever we could get a reservation that we liked is where we would be. I totally agree about it being a waste of time to hop from one park to the next just to eat. We have 2 "free" days we are looking to fill.

Since so many people said that Marraresh was great that is what we got a reservation.:chef:

:thanks:Thanks for your opinions. This is such a great message board! Everyone is so helpful. We usually eat CS meals and 2 TS so it's the one thing Disney that I can always use someone else's opinion on.