PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from Beach Club. Any Questions?

jakeybake
09-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi,

We just returned from the Beach Club on Saturday. I can honestly say that it was the greatest vacation we have ever had and my wife and I both said that we will never stay at another resort other than the Beach Club ever again.

The staff were incredible. Friendly, helpful and always going above and beyond. The resort was gorgeous and neat and tidy. The pool is an attraction in itself and made us not want to leave.

We have stayed at all levels of resorts in WDW from the All Star Music to the Grand Floridian. We have always considered the Floridian the ultimate resort but that has now changed to the Beach Club.

Feel free to ask me any questions!! I'm happy to answer.

Jay

J.T.Toad
09-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi Ron
Glad you had a good time.

We will be staying there in October.

Can you tell us a little about your room location?

How was the view ?
Was it a hike to the lobby and the pool ?
Was it quiet?
Did you venture out for a cup of coffee in the morning before the rest of your party woke ?

If so did you find a good place to sit and read the paper?

JT

germanhc
09-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm going to be staying at the boardwalk and have an early ADR in Norway. Will the international gateway be open. It would be much more convenient.

DISNEYFIX
09-04-2007, 05:21 AM
What were the SAB pool hours?
How much stuff did ya get at the poolside gift shop?
Was it a fortune?
Did you and should you have taken any Taxi's to anywhere?
Where did you eat and what was good.
Thanks
Chris

TammiMcMan
09-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm going to be staying at the boardwalk and have an early ADR in Norway. Will the international gateway be open.The International gateway operates on the same hours as the front entrance of Epcot. If your ADR is scheduled before the official opening time, just step to the front and let the CM at the turnstile know.

RALPH
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Glad you like it. I called the BC last week to find out when they started closing down SAB early so we could take it into consideration for next years trip. My Jaw dropped when he told me the pool was open until 11:30!

I asked why it was not closing down early like all my other visits:mad: and they he said they were trying some new program. If sucessfull they would use it next year, but he could not promise. Figures the one year we skip, the pool stays open. T:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: This really frosts my cake when we stay there and SAB closes at 8PM. We let them know about it too!

jakeybake
09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi,

Sorry for the late response, forgot to mention that we were moving into our new house the day after we got home.

Regarding the questions.

Room Location: We were given a complimentary upgrade to concierge (don't ask me how because I don't know) so we were on the 5th floor. Concierge is the way to go!!

Room View: We were in room 5674 (pretty sure that was it) and it was facing the front of the resort, where the cars and buses pull in. If you were to stand in front of the resort and look up, our room was on the top level to the right, full balcony (which was awesome at night when the kids were asleep).

Walk to Lobby/Pool: I was only a walk down the hallway to the elevators which brought us down to the main lobby right in front of The Marketplace. The walk to the pool was a bit longer but not far at all. Just had to walk through the lobby, down the hall where Cape May Cafe is and then around the corner and out the doors by Beaches and Cream. We actually enjoyed the walk.

Quietness: The resort was very lively but never loud, if that makes any sense. Lots of activity each day like Lilo and Stitch playing games with the kids in the lobby, but the noise was always at a relaxing level. Even out on our balcony which you would of thought would be a bit noisy.

Venturing Out: Because we were upgraded to concierge I only had to walk down the hall to grab coffee at the concierge lounge so that was easy. I am an early riser so I woke each day around 6:00, showered, got dressed, left the family sleeping, grabbed a coffee and walked around the resort, inside and out. I loved the quietness of the morning. It was serene and beautiful and it allowed me to really get to know the resort and appreciate it. And I did read the USA Today (and my fantasy football magazine) out on the beach swings each morning. I also sat on the lounge chair on the beach a time or two as well, and even took the 5 minute walk to the International Gateway in Epcot, just to feel what it was like to see the park empty and quiet.

SAB Pool Hours: I don't know what time the opened in the am, but I know it was early and they closed each night at 11:30 which was great. My son played pool volleyball from 6:00 to at least 10:00 or 11:00 each night with a ton of kids and adults.

Poolside Gift Shop Purchases: I only bought noodles and sunscreen for the kids. I also rented a raft for a day ($3 an hour or $10 a day) to use on the lazy river. They did sell goggles, swimmies etc. if you needed them. And the prices seemed fair.

Taxi's: I didn't even consider a taxi to anywhere, there was just no need. We have always rented a car on previous trips but made the great decision to not do that this trip. The walk to Epcot was all of 5 minutes, the boat to MGM all of 10 minutes (20 if your walking) and I can honestly say that we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus to MK. We never went to AK, just not fans of it. No need to even think about a taxi or rental car.

Where We Ate:

First Night: Alfredo's (Always my favorite but terrible this trip)
Second Night: San Angel Inn (Even worse than Alfredo's. Atmosphere is great, food is not, and we have liked it in the past)
Third Night: Cape May Cafe (Standard buffet fare, nothing great, nothing bad)
Fourth Night: Spoodles (Excellent. The best meal of the trip by far)
Fifth Night: Yacht Club Galley (Pretty good. Better than expected)
Sixth Night: Beaches and Cream (Burgers and Ice Cream. Very enjoyable. Get the mint chocolate chip!!!)

Any other questions I am happy to answer!!!
Jay

J.T.Toad
09-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Jay
Thanks for your reply
It was good reading
We are counting the days
J.T.