PDA

View Full Version : BethanyMouse's Grand Celebration Trip Day 1

Bethanymouse
09-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Where: Pop Century
When: August 20-31st
Cast:
BethanyMouse- 25 year old female....loves disney and intercot!
Anthony- Disney Fiance- ready for a vacation!
We are on the dining plan so we planned out some great places to eat!
August 20th
Needless to say it was a sleepless night! I found myself tossing and turing and watching the clock. Anthony got up and in the shower at 3:15 am and I followed soon after. My parents drove us to the airport and we left Newark at 7:30 am. We landed in sunny Orlando at 9:40, ahead of schedule. Located the ME counter and waited all of 10 seconds. We got on line for the bus and quickly were boarded. After being slapped in the face by the Florida humidity, I knew we were here! Yay I love the ME video! Before we knew it we spotted the signs for a color television and a heated pool....yuo the Pop was the first stop. We checked in and found out our room wasnt ready. We were to be in the 50's section in building 2. We gave luggage assistance our carryon's and caught a bus to MGM. Anthony wanted to eat at ESPN Club for lunch so after arriving in MGM, we grabbed the boat to the boardwalk! We had a great lunch, here are some pics (http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/bethanymouse/Disney%20Vacation%202007/?action=view&current=DSC00336.jpg) of the nachos and of the wings (http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/bethanymouse/Disney%20Vacation%202007/?action=view&current=DSC00338.jpg). They were delicious. I know I had a turkey sandwich for lunch (which I barely ate...too excited I think!) and I think Anthony had a burger, we skipped dessert. We were too full! We walked around the boardwalk for a bit and then went to AK. It was hot. The bus driver said the heat index was at about 107 and boy did it feel it. By this point we are going on 24 hours of no sleep....but we were so excited to be here! We quickly FP EE, saw its tough to be a bug. We then decided to line up for the Nemo show. We waited about 45 minutes. We were able to get in the theater and enjoyed the show. It is fabulous! A must do! After Nemo we walked through some shops, and decided to head over to EE. I realized as I crossed over the bridge that I didnt hear screaming of the cars...It was broken down. We talked to a cast member and he wasnt sure how long it would be. We decided to try and catch the parade which was awesome! We love the music for this one! After jammin with mickey and friends we tried EE again and it was still broken down. We were hot and tired so we packed it in and went back to the Pop. We walked into our room and I was so excited to see that Garden Grocer had delivered!!! Yeah cold water! Set up our stuff and went in the pool! It was a great first day. I fell asleep dreaming of the our next day....the MK:cloud9:!

Here are some of my favorite pics from day 1!
Jammin Jungle Parade (http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/bethanymouse/?action=view&current=DSC00375.jpg)
Bug fun! (http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/bethanymouse/?action=view&current=DSC00359.jpg)
We are here! (http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/bethanymouse/?action=view&current=DSC00344.jpg)
Thanks for reading! Up next: MK and Le Cellier!

MR.MIKE
09-03-2007, 01:48 AM
I love reading trips of the same time as when we were there. You know its funny not once did i hear someone say what temperature it was. Im glad i didnt hear that 107 figure or i would have felt worse.
Too bad about E:E I was there the day before you and got to ride it. It has become my favorite! I hope you get the chance to ride it again.

Hope you have some pics of the POP i really like that theming!
Looking forward to more.

CanadianWDWFan
09-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for sharing your day with us!:thumbsup: Got to love feeling the Florida heat for the first time when you arrive. :D

Bummer about EE though.:( Glad to see you guys still made the most of your day.

Reading your post has got me thinking about our trip in 33 days 6 hours 9 minutes and 33 seconds!:cloud9:

Bethis26fan
09-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a great first day.

Beach Club Babe
09-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds like a great beginning!

iheartmickey
09-03-2007, 09:42 PM
I thought that I was the only one who LOVES the Jammin Jungle Parade music. I sing it for days after we hear it. I love that parade!

Sounds like a good first day. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

January-2007
09-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the trip report!

SBETigg
09-04-2007, 09:12 PM
On our first day, we found the heat slowing us down a little, too. But what a great day! There's nothing like getting there.

tbelle's dghtr
09-04-2007, 10:48 PM
loved your report, LOVED your pics. can't wait to read on.

ChipnDaleGal
09-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Isn't it amazing how that Disney excitement can carry you through no sleep and crazy heat? Sounds like you are off to a great start. Sorry that Everest was down, but I am so glad you saw and loved the Nemo show. It is my new favorite thing! :thumbsup:

T-Belle
09-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Loved your report and pictures. Off to read more....

SueQ
09-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Great start to the trip report. And love the pics. I know how you feel about the excitement before you go and when you first get there. No matter how tired I always wanna just run out and do something right away. Sounds like a great start to your trip...

pdrlkr
09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pogo
09-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Great first day. :D

faline
09-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Travel days can be so tiring! Glad you got such a lot done after your arrival! Nice pics!

realtreebar
09-08-2007, 12:32 AM
thanks for the report ! "gotta love :mickey: "

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Those wings look so good...

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks for sharing.....what a great day! Gotta love the Florida heat. I love your pictures. I'm excited to read more.

princessgirls
09-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Great first day!!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey: