PDA

View Full Version : Mom and Daughter Only - The Sequel *Pre Trip Report*

tbelle's dghtr
09-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey Everyone!! We had such a great time in July '06, we decided that we needed a sequel. So, now we're a mere week away from being in the Happiest Place on Earth.

Here's the deal:

Cast:
Mom - says she's still 25, Disney Fanatic
Me - 23, slowly following in Mom's footsteps

All Star Movies Sept 10th - 15th.
Hopper passes, with FREE dining.

Here's our itinerary... bearing in mind that it's loose, if we feel like going somewhere, or doing something different, we'll do it. :mickey:

We fly from the Atlanta airport at 6:30 am Monday 9/10, Arriving at MCO at 8am. We'll take Magical Express to our resort. (This will be the first time flying into MCO, first time using Magical Express, and the first time relying fully on Disney Transportation - we're kind of nervous about this. Anyway, we'll arrive at All Star Movies, and check in (not expecting our room to be ready), but we'll drop off our carry on luggage and then head to Kona Cafe for some breakfast. From there, we'll hit MK ( you HAVE to go to MK when you first get to WDW). We'll take our time, absorbing as much as possible. Monday night, we have dinner reservations at Mama Melrose with the Fantazmic package. (we missed fantazmic last year due to rain).
Tuesday: AM EMH at Epcot, dinner at 8pm at Rose and Crown
Wednesday: Animal Kingdom, dinner at 8pm at O'Hana
Thursday: AM EMH Magic Kingdom, dinner at 9pm at Wolfgang Puck's
Friday: Nothing planned for AM, but MNSSHP at night!! (so excited about this, it's my first halloween party, mom went 2 years ago). Also, we'll be doing an Intercot Meet with some fellow Intercotees (Haunted Mansion, 6:30ish... come meet us!!)
Sat: Nothing planned, we'll play it by ear, probably ending our trip with MK before taking Magical Express back to the airport and finally arriving back in Atlanta about 11pm.

Like I said, this is all kind of loose, we'll be playing it by ear. We've made all of our dining reservations at places we've never tried before. We love the dining plan, especially because it's free this time!:D We're looking forward to some new things like Nemo's ride in Epcot, Monster's Inc. Show at MK, Nemo at Animal Kingdom and we'll be anxiously awaiting the re-opening of Haunted Mansion. We missed a few things last year, that will kinda take priority this time (lights motor action, fantazmic, space mountain).

Oh, yes, and this year, I'm going to be doing live trip reports with pictures. :D So, stay tuned! :)

dephenn
09-03-2007, 07:35 AM
We use Disney tranpo very time we travel to WDW and have never had any problems, so please don't be nervous. The only thing I would say is that a few times the buses have been a little crowded, but you can't beet the price. Have a great time.

vizsla
09-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
I just love taking trips to WDW with my daughter, so I am sue that you and your mom will have a wonderful time! Your plans look good. :thumbsup:

faline
09-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Great plans! I'd love to do a mother/daughter trip at some point! Enjoy!

WDW Dreamer
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm going to WDW in December and taking my Mom, who I haven't seen in about 6 years. We'll be spending 10 days there. About halfway through our vacation, my son, who I haven't seen in 3 years, and his new wife are going to join us for several days. I agree that MK has to be the first stop! I look forward to reading your reports. :cloud9:

January-2007
09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for reporting.

1EeyoreFan
09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Sounds like you have a great time planned! We are leaving on the 9th. Can't wait!!! Only four more days and we are on our way. I look forward to meeting you at MNSSHP.

ElenitaB
09-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the pre-trip report. Moving on to see how the trip turned out (I'm sure it was great)! :mickey: