PDA

View Full Version : Disney parking prices go up.....

SgtTigger
09-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Walt Disney World raised prices on parking fees as of 9-1-07

Prices went up one dollar in each category.

Auto taxi limo shuttle and motorcycle $11.00
Camper/Trailer $12.00
Bus/Tractor Trailer $15.00

:cop: :tigger:

DizneyRox
09-02-2007, 09:51 PM
At what point do they just shake you upside down to get the last penny from the depths of your pocket?

DisneyDudet
09-02-2007, 10:22 PM
At what point do they just shake you upside down to get the last penny from the depths of your pocket?

Oh didn't you hear? Thats the new ride they're building....Ankle Shaker.. Money Maker!

I guess that's making up for the dollar discount they took of the dining plan...

mttafire
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Its to be expected. Prices do go up.....Besides, If you stay on property its not an issue. Considering it costs 10.00 to park at a Bengals game or more to park at a Browns game for 4 hours (game time)..Disney prices to me are a BARGAIN!:thumbsup:

BronxTigger
09-02-2007, 11:22 PM
...$11 gets you a half hour in Manhattan...

GrumpyFan
09-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Wow! Another price hike!

Makes me glad we're staying on-property and relying on Disney transportation.

mttafire
09-02-2007, 11:24 PM

LOL...:eek:

Lacy
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm just curious...do annual passes come with parking passes?

I've never really been bothered by the parking price increases since we always stay on property.

Ian
09-03-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm just curious...do annual passes come with parking passes?

I've never really been bothered by the parking price increases since we always stay on property.Yes, AP's qualify you for free parking.

I'm quite sure this is just another effort to push people more towards staying on property. "Look, you can save $11 per day just in parking costs alone!"

Altair
09-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Rest assured, the price of parking is figured in the cost of on-site lodging. In fact, you get to pay for parking even if you don't bring a car.:thedolls:

CanadianWDWFan
09-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Oh why not? Prices are going up every where else, why should Disney be left out?:D

Another reason why we stay on property. Sure we pay for it in our room rates, but I don't have to pay out of pocket for it while I am down there.

WeLuvBuzz
09-03-2007, 09:16 AM
While the increase does not really surprise me too much as they just raised ticket prices, I think this will add some headaches on both consumers and Disney at the ticket booths. Most people drive in with a ten or twenty, get their $0 or $10 in change and go through quickly. Now you either have to dig a single or 4 quarters our of somewhere, or wait while the attendants count out 4 singles. Disney will also have to make sure there are quite a few singles in those booths that require labor to have in there and take out of there at night.

DizneyRox
09-03-2007, 09:35 AM
At what point do they just shake you upside down to get the last penny from the depths of your pocket?Oh didn't you hear? Thats the new ride they're building....Ankle Shaker.. Money Maker!

I guess that's making up for the dollar discount they took of the dining plan...
Yeah, and that's gonna cost me another 5 dollars a day to ride!

jonah'smom
09-03-2007, 09:55 AM
At a local theme park in Georgia, and I'm not naming any names, it cost $15 per day to park a car, not a van or bus. I still think Disney is the better deal. Besides, that's just one more reason we like to stay on property. We do drive our car to the theme parks, probably more than we take the Disney bus. Just one more way to take advantage of the resort perks!

merlinmagic4
09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
As someone who stays offsite, you would think it would bother me but it doesn't. Prices go up.....I think it was 8.00 a day when we first went. To me, 11.00 to NOT have to wait for a crowded bus with my tired kids is totally worth it.

Good point about the ten or twenty and now having to deal with change...........they'll probably hike it to 15.00 when they realize how time consuming that it! :D

murphy1
09-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Ian, I think so, I am definately doing on property unless we stay with my mom, sister or other relatives and do our day trips to save money on hotel $$$.

I remember when it cost $10 back in the early 80's to get into MK.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Oh didn't you hear? Thats the new ride they're building....Ankle Shaker.. Money Maker!

Is this the new E-ticket going into Tomorrowland???? I knew they were trying to get like Universal... LOL...

Flower
09-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I think the parking prices are on par with other places - we just got back from Paramount Canada's Wonderland and it was $10 to park, it is $8 to park at the Toronto Zoo - Disney is FAR better than either of these places and the extra few bucks is not a huge deal; well - I guess it is for some. :shake:

MinnieMommie
09-03-2007, 02:02 PM

You bet! I just got back from Boston. Parking prices are unbelievable (and they don't even shuttle you to the main gate). Prices go up everywhere. $11 is not bad when you consider it is fo rth eentire day regardless of how many parks you visit. :mickey:

Ian
09-03-2007, 04:52 PM
MODERATOR ALERT:

A friendly reminder that INTERCOT does not allow posts that advocate or reference cheating the system in any way.

Any and all posts in this thread that discussed or referenced cheating the system have been edited or deleted.

Please address all comments to the original topic, which is the price increase for parking.

dlpmikki
09-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I gather its the same price to park at Universal. Give me Disney any day! It does bring the cost of an AP down if you want to stay off site at all....

Crow
09-03-2007, 09:07 PM
usually im onsite, or had an AP...but every little bit does hurt otherwise.

GrumpyFan
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
With all the price hikes, I'm really surprised they don't charge for parking at Downtown Disney. Seems like this would be a big revenue stream, especially on the weekends.

mac badger
09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
at least you get something for your parking dollars at disney. a lot of other places i go, you pay 7 or 9 bucks to park and there's not even a tram or anyone directing you where to park

snifflesmcg
09-06-2007, 02:28 PM
I think paying for parking in general is ridiculous! I have a therory about the price hike. Since they eliminated the tip and appetizer off the DDP, they dropped the price of the DDP by a dollar.....guess where they are making it up?

I'm glad I'm staying on site but if I wasn't, a 10 day vacation would cost me in parking what it cost me for my first car (in 1996)!!!

felix18
09-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Just a question-in view of the price hikes all around if you stay on site and have a car can you still park free at the parks? I know we could in the past but wondered if this has changed-Thanks all

Flower
09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Just a question-in view of the price hikes all around if you stay on site and have a car can you still park free at the parks? I know we could in the past but wondered if this has changed-Thanks all

You sure can! They give you a parking permit for your car window when you check in:thumbsup:

felix18
09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Thank you Flower, just what I need--a penny saved-----------!:mickey: